Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2017, 03:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry, Lindsay, that wasn't clear! . They had a lot of snow!

Big lights will inspire you
Old 03-15-2017, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't like crowds so I have not gone to the zoo, aquarium, or amusement park (also other public places that draw huge crowds) in many years. That's probably why I haven't been to a concert before or any Dallas comic conventions. The thought of a mass of people worries me and makes me feel a bit nervous.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Not a big fan of crowds and public events that cause them. I've only been to one major music concert in my life. I'd like to go to a comic con, but then I really think about lines and people and avoid. I liked the idea of the Women's March, but no way could I mingle in a crowd of thousands. Not just noise or amount of people, but unless I'm in front of a crowd, I'm not gonna see a thing but others' backs, shoulders and heads . (Short girl problems) Plus the whole "bathroom" situation... too many people, not enough potties to go around without half hour lines,

The largest ocean of people I was in was the streets of Vancouver during the 2010 Winter Olympics. The streets were crowded and I'm surprised the trains were working cause people were standing and sitting on the floor in each car.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:55 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Lizzy - I like going to the theater as well but it's expensive and a pain for me since I have to get someone to watch the the kids. I generally only make the effort for favorite big blockbuster movies like Star Trek, Star Wars, Divergent series, Hunger Games series, ect. I would love to be able to see a lot more movies in the theater.

Lindsay - I live in a city with millions of people so anytime people are out of work or kids or out of school it's completely crazy no matter where you go. I generally don't go places during those times. I lay low and stay at home We go places during the school year when every one is at school and work. It can still get crowded sometimes (like when the zoo is doing a special event like Zoo Boo) but not as bad as it is on school/work holidays and summers.

Cece and Leanne - I hate crowds with a passion too. If I didn't have kids I wouldn't go either You do tons of stuff when you have small kids that you would never do without them

Hi Chris
Old 03-15-2017, 03:43 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Chris, do you still have snow over there?
But the storms from the past couple of days have missed us. I'm not complaining.

Cece - I'm not a fan of crowds either. I don't let it keep me home, but I do try to avoid them.

Leanne - yeah, line ups for the women's facilities always seem to be terrible at public events.

Amy - too true about doing things for the family.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:57 PM
Moderator Manager

Lizzy, thanks. I just saw on the news too. Yikes. Glad that you're far from all of it.

Leanne, not a fan of crowds too. I'd prefer a 'deserted' mall over one that has lots of people. There's a mall here very near my place but I don't go to it because there are tons of people. I sometimes travel to farther malls just to avoid all the chaos. It gets even more difficult during the rush of the Christmas holidays where almost all malls are full.

Amy, we're the same. I live in the city where it's traffic all the time but then Manila is known for traffic. I can relate to going at times when everyone is at school or at work and not during rush hour where everyone is on the road trying to get home.

Chris, that's good. How scary are snowstorms? Do they last for hours?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:12 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Lindsay - sometimes I long for the country but I can't imagine living somewhere where everything closes at 9PM I am so used to having 24 hour access to grocery stores/ drug stores/ food places ect. My mom lived in the country and it drove me nuts how everything shut down so early

Chris - glad the bad storms have passed over you

I noticed a weird rash on my son's cheeks when we got back from the Zoo. On Tuesday it looked like it was spreading so I scheduled a Dr appointment for today. The Dr said he has fifths disease My kids catch the weirdest, most random crap At least it doesn't seem to be affecting him at all and the rash doesn't bother him.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually like crowds and being in the middle of it all. That said, I don't want to be waiting in long lines.

Quote:
Lizzy, thanks. I just saw on the news too. Yikes. Glad that you're far from all of it.
Me too. My stepdad sent me an email this morning with a pic of NYC asking if I missed living there. The answer is absolutely not when things like a snowstorm go through.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 03-16-2017, 11:03 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I could have sworn that I responded here this morning. :spineeys:

Quote:

Chris, that's good. How scary are snowstorms? Do they last for hours?
I wouldn't call a snowstorm scary. More frustration of being stuck at home and knowing the snow will have to be shovelled. Yes, they can last for hours, but usually it's intense for a short period, then it subsides.

Amy - yike's about your son! I've never heard of that one. At least he doesn't seem bothered by it.

Lizzy - waiting in a long line to pay is the worst.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We had actual thunder and lightning last night, that was so odd for this area. My poor cat was scared by the thunder and hid under my bed and then slept on my bed for a portion of the night too.

I'm at the mall right now. I forgot why I rarely come here I wanted to get a latte to gear up for possible clothes shopping, but I think I ordered too much for me to drink, and right beside my table was a children's show with echoing microphone and bass music and to my left is a table of 4 talkers and it's too much, I have to wear my earplugs to lower the sound. Is the mall always so loud and echoey?

Well, I hope I can drink this drink. and find clothes I am looking for. I'm on a time limit too, I think I might need the washroom in at least an hour or less but don't want to use it here.

Go me!
Old 03-16-2017, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Noise overwhelms me sometimes too. It is typical for malls to be loud and the echo makes it even louder to me with all the noise from different voices talking. It's because malls are generally tall structures and have large open spaces. I can hear my echo in my townhouse when I am in my living room/kitchen area because for now there isn't a lot of stuff/fairly empty.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cece, do you have carpet floors or any curtains? Those things can absorb sound better than no drapes or tile floors!

Ok, so I'm gonna be a girly girl for a second (talking about shopping and clothes) I didn't find black boot cut jeans or tunic type tops, etc today, but I'm sooooooooo happy cause I went to the GAP and I picked a coupon out of a box where you can get 10% to 50% off a purchase and I got one that was 40%! Then I discovered they had t-shirts made of linen. Linen is my favorite material, I have linen bedsheets and they are so cool, breathable, get softer as you wash them and the material doesn't "pill". All I could think was being outside during summer break in a heat wave or on a hot day at work and having those cool breathable shirts to wear.... so I bought, like, 7 of them! I could wear one shirt per day for a week now! Then I went home after that purchase cause I thought I should end that trip on an up note, happy with finding linen t-shirts!

Ok, enough of that girl stuff!

Last edited by reason to believe; 03-16-2017 at 03:38 PM
Old 03-16-2017, 07:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Amy, I can relate. As a similar example, I went to Hongkong at a day they're celebrating the Chinese New Year and the shops were all closed. I'm like "where are we going to go?" Fifths disease? What's that?

Lizzy, does this often happen in NYC during this time?

Chris, alright, thanks for explaining. I naturally assumed that since it's a snow'storm', there's too much of it.

Have a great Friday and weekend ahead, Leanne & Cece.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-16-2017, 09:57 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Leanne - that's great that you were able to score so many shirts that you like at 40% off! I would be excited too

Lizzy - I would not miss the snowstorms either

Chris - I can't not imagine being snowed in anywhere. But it's probably like being flooded where I love. It doesn't flood in my neighborhood but all the roads and and out of my neighborhood do and there are times we are stuck until the water recedes. But we probably aren't stuck as long are you are with the snow.

Lindsay - yeah it's so crazy to see everything shut down in a city or town I had to google it because I had never heard of it before Fifths disease is one of the 5 common viral rashes that children get. They call it fifths disease because of the sequential order the doctors put them in. It's actually a form of the parvo virus and according to my son's Dr it's really common in children. It's super contagious because you don't know you have it until the rash breaks out and once the rash appears you are no longer contagious. The incubation period is 4-12 days so there's no telling how many people my son was able to spread it to because we had no idea he had it. It has other symptoms but luckily my son doesn't have them. The only thing that bothers me about it is that the Dr said it could take 4-6 weeks for the rash to go away that is like forever

Hi Cece
Old 03-17-2017, 12:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Top o' the mornin' to ya' posters! it's St. Patrick's Day! Have a pint, find a rainbow, look for a four leaf clover... and whatever you do, make sure to wear something green so the leprechauns don't pinch you!
(When I was in 1st grade, my teacher scared me when she said we needed to wear something green or get pinched, I didn't have anything green and had an anxiety meltdown cause my mom had to go run out to a store in the evening to buy a green shirt for me by the next day! )