Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2017, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

i love it when ff is nicely functioning.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love when people are nice to me
Old 03-26-2017, 07:32 PM
Moderator Manager

Leanne, I didn't go to any of the midnight releases although they were a lot of fun and it was soooo nice to see everyone dressed up and so excited. I hate lines and waiting but HP book releases were the only ones I'd totally line up for. When I got the last book, I remember reading it while I was having my hair done and the girl beside me was also reading the DH book. And everywhere you go, you will see people holding the book and proudly showing it off like it was the coolest thing anyone could own that time. As a Potterhead, that made me so happy.

Lizzy, I didn't know you watch college basketball. I used to watch a lot of college basketball when I was still in college but not so much anymore. I still support my alumni and some of our college basketball rivalries can get pretty intense, even off court.

Month end for me. I'm a bit out of it today so I need to focus and just work.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-27-2017, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, the book releases were fun cause you knew others were just as excited as you, and all the websites with speculations and stuff. The long waiting in between books.

Late night blah's (of course the night before work starts to get up for)
Spoiler:

That's just a midnight thought. Rhetorical, no one needs to solve it,
Old 03-27-2017, 05:49 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
i love it when ff is nicely functioning.
I think we all do.

Dave - interesting cheat sheet

Lizzy - I hope the teams you were rooting for won

Lindsay - I hope your month end goes well

Leanne - hope you have a good day back at work

It's a dreary, rainy day here. I've got to get out and run some errands this morning.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, back to work means I was under pressure to sleep before a certain time arrived, so with that combined with a brain that won't quit, I think I got about 3 hours sleep last night... and I have no sleep aid right now. So this should be an interesting first day back!

Thanks for the cheat sheet Dave!
Old 03-27-2017, 02:54 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I think we all have to get by on occasion without having enough sleep.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lindsay, I really only watch college basketball during March Madness. The scoring percentage in college basketball is really low, and i went to a football focused school versus bball.

Thanks, Chris! I wanted Kentucky to lose, which they did!

Yes, sometimes you have to go through the day with little sleep. It's not ideal but happens to all of us.

I hope everyone had a good day today!

Big lights will inspire you
Old 03-27-2017, 06:49 PM
Moderator Manager

Leanne, sorry you can't sleep. I only have two things that can make me fall asleep: reading on the iPad and sleepy music on Spotify.

Lizzy, what is March Madness?

Chris, thanks. I'm going crazy already.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-27-2017, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't go to any midnight book releases. I worked a midnight release for the latest HP film and boy was it crowded. It was fun to see everyone dressed up and so much enthusiasm at the movie theatre.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Lindsay,I'm reading on my iPad so that's one thing I'm doing to go to sleep, a tad early though. It's only 7 pm, but I'm recording my show anyway tonight so I can watch it without commercials, I might tuck in early tonight and I bought some melatonin (chocolate mint flavour) now so tonight I will take one just for insurance and hopefully feel back to normal tomorrow,

Had a good day back to work, I liked being back to task and routine and even seeing the kids again was nice I'm just a weirdo who loves her job!

My confession about HP movies is that the 3rd HP movie is the most I've watched a movie in a theater - I think I saw it 6-7 times!
Old 03-27-2017, 10:56 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Dave - thanks for sharing your game answer list

Leanne - I never did went to the midnight book releases. I usually just ordered them on Amazon and they would ship it to my house and I would get it the same day it was released in book stores. But there are not too many books that I just have to have and ordered them that way Glad you had a good first day back at work I think it's great that you love your job! It's nice to enjoy what you do at work since you spend so much time there.

Lindsay - good luck with month end!

Chris - I hope your weather gets better soon. At least rain means no more snow. Or is there still a chance for more snow?

Hi Lizzy, Cece, and Jen's Herald

It's already in the mid 80's here In a couple weeks it will be in the 90s and by May it will be in the 100's with the heat index. And it won't cool off again until around Thanksgiving at the end of November. I hate summer so much
Old 03-28-2017, 05:00 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I've never been to a midnight book release either. Like Amy, I just order online, and there's only been a couple that I've preordered. The last two Harry Potter's among them.

Amy - it's not unusual for us to get snow in April, and hard frost until late May.

I've got some crocus blooming!!!

Good morning all.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:00 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I've never been to a midnight book release either. Like Amy, I just order online, and there's only been a couple that I've preordered. The last two Harry Potter's among them.

Amy - it's not unusual for us to get snow in April, and hard frost until late May.

I've got some crocus blooming!!!

Good morning all.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I went to a release party for HP for one of the books, but it was in the afternoon before they started doing midnight parties.

Lindsay, March Madness is basically this big tournament for college basketball. It's a big elimination tournament that has different rounds (getting to the sweet 16, elite 8, final 4, and then the championship game). It's the culmination of the season, and the winner wins the college title.

I fell asleep really early last night, and i feel super refreshed.

Big lights will inspire you
Closed Thread   Post New Thread