Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2016, 05:34 AM
Master Fan

Oh, my work doesn't really allow me to do anything but work But that's just because it's retail, and I just don't have time. And when I do have half an hour off, it's usually in Belgium, where I can't reely access the internet without getting charged extra by the phone company But as I usually don't work more than 5 to 7 hours a day, I do often have time in the mornings or evenings

Good day at work, Lindsay!
Old 09-27-2016, 05:34 AM
Master Fan

Oh, my work doesn't really allow me to do anything but work But that's just because it's retail, and I just don't have time. And when I do have half an hour off, it's usually in Belgium, where I can't reely access the internet without getting charged extra by the phone company But as I usually don't work more than 5 to 7 hours a day, I do often have time in the mornings or evenings

Good day at work, Lindsay!
Old 09-27-2016, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^Lindsay, that's awesome that you are able to make time at work.

I usually just post in the morning and/or before bed depending on what else is going on that day and how tired I am.

Mascha, that's interesting you get charged for internet in Belgium. Do you not get wifi from the cell phone company?

Big lights will inspire you
Old 09-27-2016, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good morning

I hope everyone had a great day/night and is up for another good one.

I think I just have allergies, whew! I haven't gotten worse

Speaking of postings, I tend to post throughout the day sporadically but like to save binge posting for late night when nothing is on tv and it's quiet for thought. I have a fun board celebration coming up for October here so to get pumped up with posting energy, I think I need a breather this week for regular posting, til Saturday. Hope you have a great final few days of September, so glad it's fall! and I especially love October and Halloween! See you in a bit,
Old 09-27-2016, 10:09 AM
Master Fan

Hey Lizzy, hey Leanne!

Hope you feel less crazy than yesterday, Leanne!

Lizzy - it's all strange. Your data plan doesn't extend outside your own country, so you just have to pay for every MB you use outside your own country (and every minute you call, and every text you send). And as Belgium is definitely not The Netherlands (they joke about us, and we joke about them but they're the nicest people), that goes for Belgium as well. It's gonna change next summer though, then we're supposed to be able to use our own data plan anywhere in Europe. Which makes a lot more sense (except for the people who are strongly against the European Union, which I'm not ). It's been getting cheaping through the years though, it used to be soooo expensive.
A lot of cell phone companies use free wifi spots, but mine doesn't I get free wifi on almost all the train I work on btw, EXCEPT the ones going into Belgium

Btw. Last week, this British kid on the train (who were heading back home to London after a school trip to Germany by train) thought I was American, because my English was so good 'but not British'. That was cute

It's really starting to feel like fall! The color of the light is really changing, getting warmer. Leaves are slowly starting to turn yellow and brown... As long as the sun keeps shining and the air keeps feeling crisp, I'm a happy girl
Old 09-27-2016, 10:54 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Mascha - I use a credit card for pretty much everything I buy. The loyalty points add up, and it helps me track my spending. It gets paid off every month so I'm not accumulating debt.

Lindsay - you're right, they should call, but I don't think they did. It's nice that you're able to get online from work.

Leanne - yay for the allergies not getting worse!

Lizzy, Cece
Old 09-27-2016, 07:23 PM
Moderator Manager

Rainy weather over here. Sometimes I'd rather that it's summer here because rainy weather just makes me want to sleep all day.

Leanne, good to know it was just an allergy. Will you be dressing up for Halloween?

Mascha, how many hours do you work in a day? I have a 9-5 job but I have my own time which I prefer.

Hey Chris & Lizzy!

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 09-28-2016, 05:33 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

rainy weather can get depressing after a while. I'm more likely to feel that way in January or February when it can be overcast for weeks at a time and I begin to wonder if we'll ever see the sun again.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:26 PM
Master Fan

Grey weather can definitely be depressing

Lindsay - I usually work somewhere between 5 and 8 hours a day, usually 3 days a week. But we have a system in which we can all indicate our availability online for a month from now. So the more you're available, the more you get to work So I've learned not to "be available" for more than 3 days a week. If - according to your online profile - you're available for 5 days a week, you WILL be working those 5 days (they always have a shortage of people)
I prefer to work early mornings, and be done by early afternoon So I'd rather start at 7:30 AM and be done by 1 or 2 PM, than to start around 2 or 3 PM and work until 9 or 10 PM
Old 09-28-2016, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

It has been so nice weather-wise here this week. The high was 88 F today and yesterday it was in the high 70's. The mornings are a bit cold, around 60-65 F, but I am used to it having lived in Montana so long. And I'm really over the Texas heat.
Old 09-28-2016, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Leanne - there are a lot of weed pollens out now, so hopefully it's just allergies.

Cece - glad you're still enjoying your job, even the not so fun parts.

Lindsay - I hope month end goes smoothly for you

Jenna - I wouldn't say that I hated Joey, but he could be annoying by times.

Tee. How's the new job going?

Did some shopping for mom yesterday afternoon. I have credit card on her account, and I pay her bills, and just paid it off last week, so was shocked to be told that the card was declined! Came home and called the credit card company and apparently the issue is with my sister's card, so she had to call them. Although I couldn't figure that out because the gal said the pharmacy billing was okay, and that's pretty much all that's on sis' card. Apparently somebody tried to use her card number to buy something online, but didn't have the right 3 digit code from the back of the card. So MasterCard froze the entire account.
I havent even had a week in and already I am on LOA because I have a phobia with one of the machines I have to use.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:17 PM
Moderator Manager

Chris, that's true. When it's raining everyday, it brings your mood down. It's actually very amusing that the weather greatly affects our moods.

Mascha, I'm like you. I prefer to work in the morning and leave early but given the amount of work I do nowadays, late afternoon until early evening is the best time for me to work so I get no calls.

Hey Cece & Tee!

Have a great week ahead to everyone!

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 09-28-2016, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lindsay, I don't think I'm dressing up for Halloween, and I can't remember the last time I did dress up for Halloween. For some reason, I'm so shy, I feel weird with the attention wearing a costume would bring toward me, my brother told me he's planning to dress as Agent Mulder from X-Files. His celebrity doppelgänger actually is David Duchovny so all he has to do is put on a suit, tie, do his hair, and create a fake badge, and ... Easiest costume ever for him,
Old 09-29-2016, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'll be dressing up this year since I work at an elementary school and we'll be having a parade!
Old 09-29-2016, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My friends and i are all dressing as different versions of Regina George.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing the sun (View Post)
I'll be dressing up this year since I work at an elementary school and we'll be having a parade!
Awww fun!

Mascha, thanks for explaining!

Big lights will inspire you
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top