Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2015, 09:43 AM
Ultimate Fan

We had a thunderstorm this morning, the first one in ages.

Lindsay, tornadoes don't usually come through Massachusetts. We aren't in the Tornado Alley.

I hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bec
CeCe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
I'm off work this week.
Awww yay! That is awesome!

Big lights will inspire you
Old 08-04-2015, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lizzy! How's it going?
Old 08-04-2015, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi dear!

I'm pretty good-just a lazy night at home.

How are you?

Old 08-04-2015, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm good as well Just emailed my mentor teacher about helping her set up the classroom for the start of a new year! Summer is almost over, but I am ready to go back for my final semester before graduation. Then onto teaching and being fully an adult with a big person job. I see the light at the end of the tunnel, haha.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:34 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm envious you all have some days (or weeks off) from work. I don't get to have a longer one until November/December.

Cece, still not used to it. Tbh, whenever I hear Texas I always picture sun & cactus.

Bec, that's good that you don't get tornadoes. How about typhoons? Or hurricanes?

Hey everyone!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Would you be more used to it if I had Cece as a username instead of LR_Roxy? I like my username though. I don't want to ever change it. I'm not much for change as you can see from my avatar. It will probably stay as this AoS icon for years to come.

Like I told Vicki, no Texas is not all desert. We have green lawns and trees and flowers too. And we do not ride horses everywhere. It's hilarious the things I've been asked about Texas when I go to a different state (especially up north). Do you ride horses to school? Isn't Texas one big desert? I have actually not ever seen a cactus in person. Not even out in the countryside. Sun on the other hand - ALMOST ALWAYS. Especially our summers. There's currently a heat advisory warning here until tomorrow. Didn't need the weatherman to tell us it is hot here though.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey guys!

CeCe, not everyone likes change. Knowing who you are and what you like is important.

Congrats on being close to starting your last semester!

I actually prefer working full time to going to school.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

^Thanks! I see you passed 12k.

Last semester of my undergraduate study, but started graduate school already so I plan to work full time and go to school at the same time - probably take online classes and work through my master's degree at snail pace. Catch up during the summer so I do finish my master's program eventually. Life of a teacher is alright - we get summers off, unless you teach summer school. After next week, I'll be 2 classes closer to a master's degree! Slow and steady wins the race, right?
Old 08-05-2015, 03:27 AM
Master Fan

Not too many cacti in the northern part of Texas, check

It's nice and warm here, today! 79 °F later today, perfect
After hearing so many people complaining about heat, I'm kinda starting to like how temperate the climate is where I live

You can start graduate school before getting your undergraduate school? Oh wait, I think I remember that was the case at our universities as well, at least until a couple of years ago. Hmz.
I'm getting close to getting my graduate degree Another 4 or 5 months of research, and a 5 week "writing assignment" (we're not allowed to call it a thesis any longer, since it's only 7.5 ECTS ).
Old 08-05-2015, 05:43 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Mascha - what does ECTS stand for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR_Roxy (View Post)
Like I told Vicki, no Texas is not all desert. We have green lawns and trees and flowers too.
I kind of knew that, but I'm still more likely to think desert than greenery.

Lizzy, Lindsay & Bec
Old 08-05-2015, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

CeCe, slow and steady does win the race. You'll enjoy still having summers off I'm sure.

Mascha, you're getting closer!

Yup-I got to 12K. Yay!

How is everyone today?

Old 08-05-2015, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nice Mascha, best of luck with the research and writing assignment/thesis. Those are two things I'm not looking forward to about higher education. Having to do research and writing a thesis, then a dissertation if I decided to do a doctoral program (and MORE research). Reading endless articles with research studies and writing papers isn't much fun. But I remember you said you're going into a science field, right? Biology or something. Research may be more exciting in the sciences. Get to do experiments and test things out. Blow things up, etc. Haha jksjks! Also for us here, people with a doctoral degree don't teach in the elementary classroom anymore as a teacher. They may be in administrative roles at the elementary level, but most end up teaching educational courses in college / university.

I'm only able to get into graduate school before completing my undergrad since I'm a senior and have met requirements to get in. I took the GRE (the graduate entrance exam in the U.S.) a long while back. Also I'll be finishing grad school at the same university as my undergrad so I could do that. If I were to go to grad school elsewhere, I don't think that would be possible.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That sounds like a lot of work between class and writing, research, papers, etc.

It's weird because once you're out of school, school seems like a foreign world.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Ultimate Fan

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Lindsay, no typhoons around here. They're created by the seismic waves after an earthquake going beneath the ocean. That's way on the other side of the world, in your area.

We are sometimes in the path of hurricanes, though. We got a piece of Hurricane Katrina ten years ago, I'm sure you remember that one?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread