Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2019, 12:51 AM
  #16
Fan Forum Hero

 
Walk the line's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 76,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Opposite hemispheres mean opposite seasons. At the height of summer, yes.



that happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I checked a different clock to make sure that the time was right since it was still dark out.

Leanne - hubby put our snow tires on yesterday. Just in time too. We have snow squall warnings up for today.
Yep
__________________
Walk the line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:48 AM
  #17
Senior Moderator Manager
Scotty, beam me up!

 
Chris's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek
 
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 199,108
After snow for the past 3 days, it's back to rain today.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:57 PM
  #18
Elite Fan

 
beloved of the sky's Avatar

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center
 
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 49,208
Snow?

Hasn’t happened here yet, sometimes we can go the whole season without it!

Lindsay, it’s Remembrance Day for Canada so we get Monday off and Friday was a work specific day closed.

I’ve been having a pretty good relaxing extra long weekend. My mom returns from England today so maybe tomorrow I’ll get to hear the recap and see pics.
__________________
Food for thought: Who knew what time it was when the first clock was made?
beloved of the sky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:05 PM
  #19
Moderator Manager

 
L i N d $ @ y's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 435,295
It's snowing in Canada already? Right on schedule I guess?

I hope you had a great long weekend, Leanne.
__________________

"My name. Just my name, like a whisper. So I took it, clicked it, this tiny ball of light appeared.
And I knew … sure enough it flew towards me, ball of light. Right into my chest.
Straight through me. Right here, I knew that it was gonna take me where I needed to go."

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:07 PM
  #20
Fan Forum Hero

 
Walk the line's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 76,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved of the sky (View Post)
Snow?

Hasn’t happened here yet, sometimes we can go the whole season without it!

Lindsay, it’s Remembrance Day for Canada so we get Monday off and Friday was a work specific day closed.

I’ve been having a pretty good relaxing extra long weekend. My mom returns from England today so maybe tomorrow I’ll get to hear the recap and see pics.
it is warm here and Leanne that sounds nice I hope you get to see you're mom.
Lindsay we get Remembrance day too but it's not a holiday/long weekend here in Australia but lucky I don't work Monday anyway.
__________________
Walk the line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:03 PM
  #21
Moderator Manager

 
L i N d $ @ y's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 435,295
When is Remembrance Day in Australia, Kristen?
__________________

"My name. Just my name, like a whisper. So I took it, clicked it, this tiny ball of light appeared.
And I knew … sure enough it flew towards me, ball of light. Right into my chest.
Straight through me. Right here, I knew that it was gonna take me where I needed to go."

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:49 PM
  #22
Fan Forum Hero

 
Walk the line's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 76,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
When is Remembrance Day in Australia, Kristen?
Same as you 11th of this month.
__________________
Walk the line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:40 AM
  #23
Senior Moderator Manager
Scotty, beam me up!

 
Chris's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek
 
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 199,108
In Ontario, Remembrance Day is a bank and government holiday. Lots of stores don't open until noon so people can attend the ceremony if they choose to do so. Other than that, most things observe 2 minutes of silence and are open. Although I think if you're a veteran you're entitled to time off.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:03 PM
  #24
Fan Forum Hero

 
Walk the line's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 76,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
In Ontario, Remembrance Day is a bank and government holiday. Lots of stores don't open until noon so people can attend the ceremony if they choose to do so. Other than that, most things observe 2 minutes of silence and are open. Although I think if you're a veteran you're entitled to time off.
In Australia schools do 2 minutes silence but people that have like 9-5 jobs still have to work I think.
__________________
Walk the line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 08:22 PM
  #25
Elite Fan

 
beloved of the sky's Avatar

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center
 
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 49,208
Started not feeling well at the end of work so left early and spending all evening in bed.
__________________
Food for thought: Who knew what time it was when the first clock was made?
beloved of the sky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 08:23 PM
  #26
Fan Forum Hero

 
Walk the line's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 76,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved of the sky (View Post)
Started not feeling well at the end of work so left early and spending all evening in bed.
I hope you feel better soon
__________________
Walk the line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:12 AM
  #27
Senior Moderator Manager
Scotty, beam me up!

 
Chris's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek
 
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 199,108
Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well Leanne. I hope the extra rest helps.

I've got a couple of appointments this afternoon, so today will be busy for me.

How are you Kristen?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:03 PM
  #28
Fan Forum Hero

 
Walk the line's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 76,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well Leanne. I hope the extra rest helps.

I've got a couple of appointments this afternoon, so today will be busy for me.

How are you Kristen?
Doing good just busy you?
__________________
Walk the line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:30 PM
  #29
Senior Moderator Manager
Scotty, beam me up!

 
Chris's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek
 
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 199,108
I'm okay, thanks. I'm finding the early arrival of winter a bit depressing. Makes me want to book a week away in the sun.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:02 PM
  #30
Fan Forum Hero

 
Walk the line's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 76,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
I'm okay, thanks. I'm finding the early arrival of winter a bit depressing. Makes me want to book a week away in the sun.
It is the opposite here and I am ready for beach days when I don't have work. I hope it doesn't get too cold for you.
__________________
Walk the line is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2019.

Copyright © 1998-2019, Fan Forum.


TEST