Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2020, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It must be really hard to keep seniors in retirement homes free from virus during this season!

I ended up getting a mild sinus congestion this weekend hopefully now it’s all done!

I upgraded my wired noise cancelling headphones to Bluetooth wireless so I can watch tv using them and walk around my place without being tethered. Plus it will help a lot with the noise of apartment living!

Anyone watch the oscars or seen the nominee movies?
Old 02-09-2020, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved of the sky (View Post)
It must be really hard to keep seniors in retirement homes free from virus during this season!

I ended up getting a mild sinus congestion this weekend hopefully now it’s all done!

I upgraded my wired noise cancelling headphones to Bluetooth wireless so I can watch tv using them and walk around my place without being tethered. Plus it will help a lot with the noise of apartment living!

Anyone watch the oscars or seen the nominee movies?
No I haven't watched any award shows in years...

icon
"I love you, it’s ruining my life."
Old 02-10-2020, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
Thanks Chris...it's a word unscramble... if anyone wants to play...have fun... word UnScramles games are really easy to wrote. If a person does a Letter-to-number word puzzle...that's 10 times harder to write and solve....

3-8-18-9-19___ 1-14-4 ___ 12-9-14-4-19
Clue - Mod Managers that Mod the Info Center
the answer is
Chris and Linds
Old 02-10-2020, 01:05 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming Dave

I don't watch award shows either. For the Oscars, I don't go to the movies very often, so usually I haven't seen any of the nominees. Sometimes I'll catch highlights afterwards.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I never even heard of the movie that won Best Pic...I was rooting for Little Woman-- they just won for Best Costume Design...that's it
Old 02-11-2020, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I watched the “Judy” movie last night and Rene Zellwiger is the last person I’d think to portray or look like Judy Garland but she really pulled it off and won the Best Actress award!
Old 02-12-2020, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Well, I watched the “Judy” movie last night and Rene Zellwiger is the last person I’d think to portray or look like Judy Garland but she really pulled it off and won the Best Actress award!
she did a great job with that role... I never knew Adult Judy Garland had all of those problem
Old 02-13-2020, 02:43 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I haven't' seen the movie. Would you recommend it?
Old 02-13-2020, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
I haven't' seen the movie. Would you recommend it?
The movie Judy? No
Old 02-13-2020, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Although Rene is remarkable playing Judy Garland for sure, I wouldn’t recommend d the movie really. I’m a Garland expert pretty much and I can tell so much of that movie was factionalized that you wouldn’t get anything accurate about that time period of her last 6 months.

I’m glad it’s a 3 day weekend coming up. I’m still not up to par and feel like sleeping a lot and I look pale even more than my usual natural paleness!
Old 02-14-2020, 06:54 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Okay, good to know that it's not worth bothering trying to watch Judy.

Leanne - I hope you can get some extra rest this weekend.

It's cold here today.

Has anybody ever heard of frost quakes? It's a new one to me.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Although Rene is remarkable playing Judy Garland for sure, I wouldn’t recommend d the movie really. I’m a Garland expert pretty much and I can tell so much of that movie was factionalized that you wouldn’t get anything accurate about that time period of her last 6 months.

I’m glad it’s a 3 day weekend coming up. I’m still not up to par and feel like sleeping a lot and I look pale even more than my usual natural paleness!
sad and true... producers/ writers who do not portray biography movies accurately...
how did they get Child-Garland to do Wizard of Oz... if you can write it in a few sentances??

Last edited by Make Them Laugh; 02-14-2020 at 08:32 AM
Old 02-15-2020, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, MGM was building up teenage Judy to be a Star and OZ was meant to be her star vehicle and it sure was! (The rumour that Shirley Temple was considered for Dorothy was for publicity, but it only got as far as Shirley singing for them and she didn’t have a comparison for Judy’s talent there, of course)

The concert I went to last night was fun. The Beatles album Sgt. Pepper had a symphony in the background so this concert actually had a band perform the album with an actual symphony so we could hear how it was heard while being recorded! it’s a pretty amazing album of full orchestration of music compared to the early albums of the Beatles!

Chris, I haven’t heard of a frost quake at all, did you experience it?
Old 02-15-2020, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Well, MGM was building up teenage Judy to be a Star and OZ was meant to be her star vehicle and it sure was! (The rumour that Shirley Temple was considered for Dorothy was for publicity, but it only got as far as Shirley singing for them and she didn’t have a comparison for Judy’s talent there, of course)

The concert I went to last night was fun. The Beatles album Sgt. Pepper had a symphony in the background so this concert actually had a band perform the album with an actual symphony so we could hear how it was heard while being recorded! it’s a pretty amazing album of full orchestration of music compared to the early albums of the Beatles!

Chris, I haven’t heard of a frost quake at all, did you experience it?
Glad to hear it was fun Leanne.

icon
"I love you, it’s ruining my life."
Old 02-16-2020, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
so did her mom push her to Stardom or how was Judy discovered??
Closed Thread   Post New Thread