Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-03-2010, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

To be honest I don't know any Aidan/Carrie fans in real life and I have a lot satc friends heh. /random
{ max&liz #700
Kinda weird about that star, huh? Kinda sad...
It just doesn’t seem that something burning so bright could just…burn out.
#ROSWELLBACK
Old 06-03-2010, 08:02 AM
Elite Fan

I went to see this movie yesterday, i never really watched the tv show, just a few episodes but that's it...well i was pleasently surprised with this movie, it was really funny, specillay that scene at the algerian market where Sam dropped her purse...the rest of the scene was hilarious.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
LOL, yeah, I wasn't in an Aidan-friendly theater either. There was a lot of "Don't do it!!!" about the kiss. I feel bad for any Aidan fan that WAS in there though, I imagine the excitement over his first scene was somewhat hampered by some woman VERY loudly proclaiming him boring.
I'm not a fan af Aidan but I would probably be displeased to see him brought back just for that
Old 06-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There was absolutely no reaction to the kiss in my theatre, maybe everyone had been spoiled I never would have expected a negative reaction to his return though, he was such a popular character. Poor Aidan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackened Sky (View Post)
To be honest I don't know any Aidan/Carrie fans in real life and I have a lot satc friends heh. /random
I have yet to meet a Carrie/Big fan in real life but I know lots of people who love Aidan but think he's "too good for her". Just goes to show you never can please everyone
Old 06-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesophia (View Post)
I went to see this movie yesterday, i never really watched the tv show, just a few episodes but that's it...well i was pleasently surprised with this movie, it was really funny.
Glad you liked it! You should watch more of the TV series, I'm sure you'd love it

Anna♥Bates
Old 06-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

When he first showed up, it was just the one woman who was like "HE'S BORING!" (although my mom laughed- she loves John Corbett, Northern Exposure was one of her favorite shows, but she's never liked Aidan) But when the kiss happened, there was a pretty theater-wide rumble of disagreement.

Aidan had his fair share of fans on the SatC bus tour I took in NYC. Big was probably a winner, but it was like a 60/40 split. Of those fans, the ones who liked Aidan generally thought he was too good for Carrie as opposed to shipping them together, though.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I know lots of people who love Aidan but think he's "too good for her".
This

I know way more Aidan/Carrie shippers then Big/Carrie though I think all over it is probably a 50/50 split.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

Most people I know are Big/Carrie shippers, but a good amount love Aidan. Not Aidan/Carrie, but Aidan
Old 06-04-2010, 03:46 AM
Master Fan

I could be wrong, but I think after this latest movie most people would think that Carrie and Big belong together... even the Aidan fans. Of course, there are always going to be differences of opinions, but that's what makes it fun to discuss

Anna♥Bates
Old 06-04-2010, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

When I went to see it again last night, we actually had a fairly full theater all things considered (I think because of two big groups of women who came together) and no negative reaction to Aidan period this time (and that was just one person last time), but same general negative rumbling about the kiss- I was wondering if the same thing would happen. It might be the way the movie sets the kiss up, I don't think it's supposed to be particularly romantic.

This theater REALLY loved Samantha's butler Paula Abdul, lol.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan (View Post)
I could be wrong, but I think after this latest movie most people would think that Carrie and Big belong together... even the Aidan fans. Of course, there are always going to be differences of opinions, but that's what makes it fun to discuss
And when they'll start SatC3 I'll be less worried about cheating. After these two movies I cannot see how they can set up a break-up.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

One thing from a re-watch- I liked the flashbacks, but they seemed to contradict the series. Charlotte pretty obviously came last in the series- there's an S2 episode where Miranda and Carrie knew about situation with Samantha and an ex-boyfriend that Charlotte did not. Also, there's a flashback in S1 to a party only Carrie, Samantha, and Miranda are at, with no indication Charlotte was anywhere in sight. And I got the impression Samantha came first in Coulda Shoulda Woulda- it seemed like Samantha knew Carrie had had an abortion, while Miranda did not. That one is fudge-y, it's possible Carrie just felt more comfortable telling her, but it vaguely seemed like Carrie had known Samantha at or around the same time. I don't know, it seemed like Samantha and Charlotte got flipped around.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Elite Fan

Also, the original author of the book said Carrie meets Sam first.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
This theater REALLY loved Samantha's butler Paula Abdul, lol.
He was a big hit in my theatre too And when Charlotte said "Is she here too??" Awww
Old 06-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't know, it seemed like Samantha and Charlotte got flipped around.
I actually really liked the flashbacks but the fact they messed up the timeline really annoyed me!!