Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Although I guess you could argue that CA 2.0 was self destructive in and of itself, lol. Especially since he alluded at the end that he'd never fully trusted she wouldn't cheat on him again.
Just on this statement, it could been seen as self-destructive if you didn't know the characters I think. Carrie and Aidan genuinely loved each other and were hoping for the best. I never doubted for a second that what they had was real and loving - so I don't think it was self-destructive because to them they always thought what problems they had could be worked through.

Quote:
I only had one scene where I felt Carrie was wildly out of character- that line to Charlotte. And I think maybe she was supposed to be. I don't think MPK was going for "Oh, she's right, this means something deep and meaningful!" I think he was insinuating Carrie was on the express train to Crazyville. Still, I have a hard time believing she'd attack Charlotte like that, and I think MPK could have expressed it a different way. But the stuff with Big? I don't know. Married life IS different, maybe especially if you've had another dynamic for 10 years. Carrie obsesses, she pushes, she fixates, she overblows problems in her head.
That was the one line that really made me pissed because it was so unlike. Even if Carrie was going crazy she wouldn't say that to Charlotte. It was a total 360 in like an hour of actual time and she was saying and hurting her friends which I've never seen Carrie really do. I just was displeased with that whole scene. And I see the basis of Carrie's actions with Aidan and after, but to me they were still extreme and so old Carrie.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I wouldn't necessarily define Aidan as self destructive, although I also wouldn't agree with the decision to stay in a relationship with a woman you don't trust. "Powering through" is not really an option when it comes to trust. However, I think he has a "power through" kind of mentality to life, so I can see how he thought it might be.

And that still leaves me wondering why in the world he'd behave like this. I also wouldn't define Carrie as "the one who got away" when it comes to Aidan- technically, he broke up with her, lol. I don't think he was left with much choice, but still.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:53 AM
Master Fan

I saw the movie on friday night and I haven't left my thoughts about it yet, tbh I left the film very disappointed and personally speaking the first film imo is so much better. I felt that it even didn't flow properly, and was very choppy in the story telling.

My major irk wasn't even anything to do with coupledom or Carrie being imo very out of character. But that we were robbed of what could have been some great scene with silliness I mean some of the scenes of Abu Dhabi I just felt was unnecessary I was constantly nudging my friend complaining 'get back to the girls'. I knew that way before the movie came out they made comments that with the downturn in the economy meant there were going to be changes in the movie therefore I didn't expect there to be so much promotion on brands, which imo is just a time waster.

Along with Kim and Cynthia I felt that Chris Noth gave one of the best performances in the movie and was funny when needed to be and he played that scene with Carrie on the phone perfectly. I love that man he was perfect in this movie.

I too felt like this was a long episode rather then a movie and in comparison to
the first movie I think it was rather weak in it's story lines and telling. With the first film it really spanned full circle with all characters whereas this movie I felt could have spent alot more time on our beloved girls.

Old 05-30-2010, 05:58 AM
Master Fan

^^^^
I can totally get your criticisms of the movie and definitely agree that there were a lot of scenes that were unnecessary at the expense of others that would have worked better. I would have preferred if the girls had stayed in NYC and we'd have got a mixture of individual storylines of them with their partners and the girls getting together. Because I felt that Harry and Steve were nowhere in the film, which was a shame. We got more of Big, but I'm greedy and would have liked even more

However, saying that, I did enjoy the movie for what it was. And loved seeing the girls again and getting another fix of C/B

Anna♥Bates
Old 05-30-2010, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved the movie, it was great and I being a Samantha fan thought that Kim's performance in the movie was just amazing. hot flashes and condoms lol!

Liza's "Single Ladies" performance was outstanding. The woman is still amazing adn still has great dance moves.

The whole thing with Carrie kissing Aiden was a bit out there but I saw it coming. And it was out of character to talk to Charlotte the way she did when she knew Charlotte was right.

I am glad that Carrie told Big about the kiss and didn't keep that secret from him and i'm glad they made up in the end.

Over all the movie was great and all the performances in it was amazing.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 05-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I bet there are a lot of cut scenes that we'll see in extebded DVD (BC dance for sure, BC returning home from the wedding and entering the building).
Old 05-30-2010, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

Emily I completely agree with your post

And I wanted more Steve and Harry too! That's why I think they should have stayed in NYC, because that's where the heart of the show is and that is where the characters feel best. They have their own storylines intertwined with everyone else's.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
Emily I completely agree with your post

And I wanted more Steve and Harry too! That's why I think they should have stayed in NYC, because that's where the heart of the show is and that is where the characters feel best. They have their own storylines intertwined with everyone else's.
They could have cut the Abu-Dabi part down to a 30 minutes escapade or brought the men there.
I too would have prefer the whole movie to be set in NYC.

Regarding the first movie, I'm sorry to say that even after two years I still cannot watch the whole part from the wedding to the wedding. The vanishing of Mr.Big and the sadness/angst hanging over all the caracters are the main reasons I cannot stand that part of the movie.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det.Logan (View Post)
Regarding the first movie, I'm sorry to say that even after two years I still cannot watch the whole part from the wedding to the wedding. The vanishing of Mr.Big and the sadness/angst hanging over all the caracters are the main reasons I cannot stand that part of the movie.
I do like the middle part of the first movie, but I have to admit that sometimes I watch it all the way through and sometimes I skip the middle part... I have a feeling I'll be doing that with the new movie when it comes out to buy.

Anna♥Bates
Old 05-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

It's so odd to me that people dislike the first movie at some parts because whenever I watch it I can't help but watch the entire thing. I love it so much.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

seen it once, seeing it again in a couple days.

i loved it. this coming from someone that has watched all seasons at least five times haha.

it was wonderful. i loved all the girl love we got. the whole trip just high lighted their wonderful friendship.

also, i mean...i am a carrie/big fan until the end, but it was nice having aiden back. though i do feel the way it happened was kind of disappointing. the kiss left me breathless, though.

but in the end, this show is always about the friendship of carrie, samantha, miranda and charlotte. and i thought they did a beautiful job with it. i loved the samantha quote about them being soulmates. i get goosebumps every time i hear it.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

" we made a deal ages ago ...
men, babies; doesn't matter.
we're s o u l m a t e s ." ♥

That was one of my favorite lines from the movie
Old 05-30-2010, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Seeing it on Saturday .. a little nervous
Old 05-30-2010, 06:26 PM
New Fan

Have not seem the movie as of yet...have been reading previous posts, IMO, Aiden was a bit of shock treatment and incentive for higher movie attendance. Love Carrie and Big...they always end up together...in another 30-years, Carrie will be assisting Big with his walker.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily (View Post)
I saw the movie on friday night and I haven't left my thoughts about it yet, tbh I left the film very disappointed and personally speaking the first film imo is so much better. I felt that it even didn't flow properly, and was very choppy in the story telling.

My major irk wasn't even anything to do with coupledom or Carrie being imo very out of character. But that we were robbed of what could have been some great scene with silliness I mean some of the scenes of Abu Dhabi I just felt was unnecessary I was constantly nudging my friend complaining 'get back to the girls'. I knew that way before the movie came out they made comments that with the downturn in the economy meant there were going to be changes in the movie therefore I didn't expect there to be so much promotion on brands, which imo is just a time waster.

Along with Kim and Cynthia I felt that Chris Noth gave one of the best performances in the movie and was funny when needed to be and he played that scene with Carrie on the phone perfectly. I love that man he was perfect in this movie.

I too felt like this was a long episode rather then a movie and in comparison to
the first movie I think it was rather weak in it's story lines and telling. With the first film it really spanned full circle with all characters whereas this movie I felt could have spent alot more time on our beloved girls.
THIS! *claps*