Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-01-2004, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

SATC on TBS Discussion - Cleaner but still our show

I thought I'd open up a thread for those of us who watch the show on TBS. I occasionally watch it but I prefer the DVD's. But for some of you whats on TBS maybe your first introduction to SATC. Please discuss away.

SATC
Old 11-01-2004, 02:09 PM
Master Fan

I've seen every season except for season 3 so I've been tuning in lately since they're now airing that season.

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 11-01-2004, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

Well I've got the DVDs so I don't really tune into TBS repeats, but I know alot of people that do. It's funny how they're discovering it for the first time.

My mother cracks me up how she'll sneak over and watch a few seconds until she finds out that I'm watching her. She used to be like, OMG I can't believe you'd watch such a filthy show and now she watches so it's fun.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:50 PM
Master Fan

Both of my parents watch the show so I don't have to sneak.

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 11-02-2004, 10:54 PM
Master Fan

Episodes airing tonight..feel free to discuss them here!

SATC
Old 11-03-2004, 01:18 AM
Master Fan

'Easy Come, Easy Go' is on TBS tonight. Its the episode where Carrie cheats on Aidan and Steve moves out of Mirandas apartment. Not my favorite episode...for those reasons alone. But Charlotte does propose to Trey and he says alrighty.

SATC
Old 11-03-2004, 01:31 AM
Elite Fan

I am watching it now actually. I really hate how they mush together the prior episodes' credits and the main title from the next one. It just bugs for some reason.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:38 AM
Master Fan

I know I hate how they have cut the theme song down just a bit. I have the SATC ringtone on my phone and I love to hear it ring and ring.

SATC
Old 11-03-2004, 07:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Please explain to as a non-american what is TBS what does it 'cleaner but still our show'.?

Quote:
I know I hate how they have cut the theme song down just a bit. I have the SATC ringtone on my phone and I love to hear it ring and ring.
So when someone calls you, you don't answer and just let it ring
Old 11-04-2004, 01:46 AM
Master Fan

Cleaner..means not as dirty. Since they have put the show on cable they had to edit out the dirty words and most of the sex scenes and nudity. But, it's still our show! Even though the aboved mentioned things are part of the show, thats not all its about. And yes I do answer my phone eventually. But, I tend to be slower about it.

SATC
Old 11-04-2004, 11:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always forget when it's on. I am trying to watch the ones on HBO on Sunday's. Those are Season 6 and I haven't seen all of that one.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 11-05-2004, 01:17 AM
Master Fan

I was pleasantly surprised to learn that HBO was airing SATC on Sundays now. I thought they were done completely showing it. I was flipping through the channels and let out a yelp for joy when I saw it was on. So, I ran into the kitchen and poured myself a glass of red wine and curled up on the couch. It just makes me miss it that much more. Don't get me wrong, I love the DVD's but there is just something great about catching it on TV.

SATC
Old 11-05-2004, 02:24 AM
Passionate Fan

I have all the DVDs, so I'd rather watch the dirty version Something about hearing Samantha say "let's make love" that doesn't work for me.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ambular
I have all the DVDs, so I'd rather watch the dirty version Something about hearing Samantha say "let's make love" that doesn't work for me.
I know the feeling.

Those words would never come out of Sam's mouth!

I think it's weird to see Sex and the City without the "dirty" talk. It's the same show, except not.

I'm just glad I have my dvds and I so am in the mood to pop on in and watch some eps but it's late.

The dvds have been one of my happiest purchases. I get joy out of them everytime I watch the eps no matter how many times I've seen them.

"What we've got here is...failure to communicate"
Old 11-30-2004, 02:57 AM
Master Fan

Tuesday Nov. 30th and Wed Dec 1st episodes are ****-A-Doddle-Do! and What Goes Around Comes Around.

I love the part in What Goes Around where Carrie gets mugged. And she doesn't want to give up here shoes. "But sir, they are my favorite pair of strappy sandals." Ever notice that Carrie has lots of favorite pairs of strappy sandals?

And ****-A-Doddle-Do! has the famous Big and Carrie falling in the pond scene.

Enjoy!

But I'm with you Steph I'm still glad I've got my DvDs

SATC