Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 09:31 AM
Graphics Team
Moderator Support Team

I didn't see the whole final yet, but from what I saw and know I really liked the final.. I think the final for Carrie was perfect.. but I really would like to see the alternate finals.. But they won't be on the german DVD Version..
Has anybody seen one of them??

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Old 12-20-2004, 10:47 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lana Parrilla

Quote:
Originally posted by Deb
I wouldn't have ended the show! :-(

At least now I can watch the final episode without crying (well almost - LOL) same can't be said about the Farewell Special Episodes.
me neither .. i loved / love the show .. i would have watched another 10 seasons

you didnt cry? wow .. youre a strong person

Team Regina - Team Ivy - Team Annaliese & Eve

Lana Maria Parrilla | RuPauls Drag Race Campaign

Old 12-20-2004, 12:21 PM
Addicted Fan

I also wanted this show to go on for years, but the ending were very satisfiding (sp?). And another good thing is that they didn't strech it out, make a bad show and loose at the viewers.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:29 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lana Parrilla

lol like Akte X? .. i loved that show but they shouldve ended it about 1 or 2 seasons sooner... But i was also satisfied with the end of SatC.. almost

Old 12-31-2004, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Age-a-licious
I would of had Samantha say that she loves Smith as well. And I would've had Charlotte and Harry get to meet there child.
I would have also loved to hear Samantha say "I love you" to Smith as well...however, what she did say "You are the greatest man I have ever known.", was just as sweet & so more personal.

Um...if I could change anything...I'd really just want a few more, maybe just one more even, Steve/Miranda moment...I just adore them so much & thought they should have had more time in the final ep. But other than that...it was great & very tear-jerking!
Old 01-02-2005, 03:16 PM
Master Fan

They didn't even consider bringing Aidan back. I know that Big was there since the first episode, but out of all the men in the show, Aidan was by far the best Carrie could get. I'll never be sure when it comes to Big, and when I saw that she ended up with me I was disappointed because, well, with him you never know...

Photographs
Blog
Old 01-02-2005, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ALittaM
They didn't even consider bringing Aidan back. I know that Big was there since the first episode, but out of all the men in the show, Aidan was by far the best Carrie could get. I'll never be sure when it comes to Big, and when I saw that she ended up with me I was disappointed because, well, with him you never know...
I agree. After rewatching episodes with Aidan, I think he was really good for Carrie. I wish they would have ended up with one another.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:34 PM
Extreme Fan

I really liked the finale, as well. I wish the whole Big and Carrie thing wasn't so rushed, but then again, you take what you can get when it involves your favorite couple. I too wanted to see Harry and Charlotte with their baby, because seeing Charlotte with her husband and her baby would truly have given closure to the character. I loved seeing Samantha finally find a man that she could be happy with. And Steve and Miranda were wonderful as always. I just love those two together.

Regarding Aidan, at the end of the day, Carrie would never be as happy with him as she would be with Big. Sure, he's not the most healthy person for her, but he is Carrie's great love. And for me, her being with the person that was second-best to Big wouldn't be the appropriate ending for Carrie.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:56 PM
Absolute Fan

*cracks knuckles*

i have watched the finale 4 times now...i simply adore it.

*PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS GONNA BE LONG....IF YOU READ ALL THIS, WELL, I WILL YOU.

first of all, i think that you obviously have to discuss both parts une and deux as the finale. part une set up part deux, but they walked hand in hand together to close out the series.

okay, so let me start with carrie/big at the beginning of part une. that was just amazing/heartbreaking/and so emotional, all at the same time. carrie let out all the frustration that she had never shown big before in that scene. it was wonderfully done by both sarah jessica and chris. i have to say, too, that chris did an amazing job at showing us big's softer side there. he came off, for the first time (in my opinion), as geniune. i think that he always loved carrie, but this time, he meant it. carrie was so hurt, however, and so caught up with aleksander, that she had lost her identity.

so...let me note this as well. something that i *really* liked was the absence of carrie as the narrator for the majority of parts une and deux. you could tell that carrie was so lost when she wasn't in the city with the girls. i thought that not having her as the narrator showed that she was lost, and it also made the show so lonely. you could feel how sad carrie was.

charlotte/harry

i adore kristin davis. i think she is absolutely wonderful. i really liked how charlotte was patient for the baby to come to her and harry. i was so happy that they got the baby. if i could one thing, i would love to have seen charlotte as a mother. that would have been terrific.

sam/smith

smith. smith. smith. i love him. he was wonderful for sam. i *sort* of wish that sam would have said she loved him back, but i think that telling him what she told him was more sincere. she actually deeply cared for smith, which was amazing for sam.

miranda/steve

i think that miranda, as a character, changed the most over the course of the series. in a great way, though. she was so much more soft and loving in the finale. i was really touched by her storyline. she and steve were perfect.

OKAY....THE FINAL 10 MINUTES OF THE FINALE!

i did not like aleksander. therefore, i shan't discuss him.

carrie/big...finally.

so big coming to carrie. *sigh* i cry whenever their eyes meet in that lobby. it was just....ugh. fabulous! the fact that he came to her showed that he loved her, and this time was for real. i loved that. and he told her she was the one..., but in a good way.

the girls

wow. the final scene together was so good. everytime they walk out of the coffee shop, i just cry. i think that watching them walk out together is empowering. you see the strength that they pull from each other. you see how they compliment each other. you see how they complete each other. to me, seeing them leave together was perfect.

WOOT! there's my spill about the finale. i adore it. i could really go on and on about it, but i will say one last thing: i think that the thing i admired most about this show was the friendships that the girls shared. to me, their bond defined my favorite show.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:24 AM
Elite Fan

I really loved the finale, but I would have done without so much of Carrie in Paris, and perhaps the girls going after her would have been nice as well.

I would have loved the ending to have been them in the coffee shop just chatting and then a fade out.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:25 AM
Addicted Fan

^^ Agree, espacially the coffeeshop. It was nice how they ended, going by everyone, but they could have done it before the coffeeshop scene. Cause there friendship is the most important thing for me.

And i also think that they didn't have to give Big's name. It's nice now we know, but i've never really wondered about that.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

I always thought that Carrie should've rejected Big. I mean, she went through so much agony with his love issues and I think that she deserved alot better than him; Aidan.

I know Aidan got married and has a kid and everything, but in the end I guess Carrie and Big had the kind of really strong connection that can never falter.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

I agree Courtie in part Une that scene in the street with Big in front of Carrie's apartment was so well done by both actors. You could really feel Carrie's angst, almost like she was trying to convince herself as much as she was trying to convience Big.

And, its not that I didn't like the finale. I loooorrved it! I just wanted it to be more focused on the girls as a whole and their friendships. Because through out the whole show thats the one thing that never really faltered was the girls friendships. The men would just come and go, and a couple of them came around a few times. But, I guess I was just longing for a glimpse of the girls in the earlier seasons.

I am glad that we got to know Big's name, but to be honest I had figured they might tell his name in the last episode. As far as Carrie not choosing Aidan, as much as I loved loved loved him and I loved them together, Carrie was so caught up in Big she just wouldn't let herself be happy anywhere else. And, when she tried being happy without him it all went to crap, in example, Alexansder. I didn't like this character at all and I thought too much time of our ending got spent on him, and not enough on the important things.

SATC
Old 01-08-2005, 04:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lana Parrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by artist
I always thought that Carrie should've rejected Big. I mean, she went through so much agony with his love issues and I think that she deserved alot better than him; Aidan.

I know Aidan got married and has a kid and everything, but in the end I guess Carrie and Big had the kind of really strong connection that can never falter.
well in part one it looked like she would reject big .. but i think big and carrie belonged together.. i mean .. i loved aidan and i know big hurt her a lot .. but i was always a big / carrie shipper

Old 01-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Elite Fan

The only think i would have done was have the last scene be of all four girls instead of just Carrie (with a hint of Big). I think SJP said in an interview that she pictured the last scene as all four girls sitting at their table together

Closed Thread   Post New Thread