Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

Episode 212 'La Douleur Exquise!'

Episode 212 'La Douleur Exquise!'

Directed by: Allison Anders
Written by: Ollie Levy and Michael Patrick King

Synopsis
When it comes to relationships, how do you know when enough is enough?- Carrie Big tells Carrie that he's moving to Paris for six months; Samantha introduces the girls to the hottest new S&M restaurant; Charlotte's shoe fetish is counterbalanced by a shoe store foot fetishist; Miranda meets a guy who likes to "do it" only when he thinks he might get caught.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Total Fan

The second picture is funny! the look on Sam's face

This was a sad episode. The second B/C break-up. My heart went out to Carrie.

Chuck+Blair~Big+Carrie~Sawyer+Kate~Pacey+Joey~Seth+Summer~Hyde+Jackie~Nick+Jess~Ted+Robin
Old 02-13-2008, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

It's a little raunchy isn't it?!

It was a sad episode and I was so frustrated at Big throughout, the way he continues to pull away every time they grow closer and the relationship becomes all that more serious. In season 3 when they are having the affair and just before Natasha catches Carrie in the apartment she says to Big 'are you ready to do this? For real? No hotels, the real thing in broad daylight' Carrie was always putting herself out there for Big and I think that is the ultimate struggle in the B/C relationship its this constant play of ups and downs and it takes Big a long time to figure out what he wants.

Its funny that the break up involves him moving to Paris and it's not till four years later in Paris they get together!

Old 02-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

Itsbeen awhile since I've watched this episode. I'll have to check it out again. I do remember that I loved Standford in this episode.

Quote:
Carrie was always putting herself out there for Big
That's one reason its just so hard for me to be a B/C shipper, as much as I know they belong together. I feel he just stringed her along for so many years. And Carrie put herself on the line so many times just to have herself hurt. Sometimes the hurt just out weighs the love... and to me Big just crossed that line too many times.

SATC
Old 02-13-2008, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is such a sad and tragic episode. It was definitively the end of Carrie & Big. And just the fact that he said to her "I hope your moving for you... I don't want you to move out for me and expect something" -- Ouch!

The final moment where Carrie is smoking the cigarette watching Big waking up... That whole scene is so beautiful, moving, real...but, most of all devastating.

icon
Old 02-14-2008, 04:32 AM
Master Fan

It was great to see a Stanford storyline

Oh i know what you mean sometimes its painful to watch Carrie get hurt over and over again but I always thought Big was nothing but straight with her he was always upfront about what he wanted and a lot of the time it was not what Carrie wanted to hear.

Quote:
I hope your moving for you... I don't want you to move out for me and expect something"

That was such a sad scene!

I think the dynamics of the B/C relationship changed greatly by the time season six came round which is why I think the relationship could finally work

Closed Thread   Post New Thread