Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

Sophia's Performance: Because her roles are so diverse!

I just made this thread, for discussion purposes. Sophia's been in so many great diverse roles, with a few more to come. Which were your favorites? Least favorites? Which characters intrigued you the most, or you felt you could relate to the most?

Point Of Origin (2002)

Character: Carrie Orr
Description: act-based drama about an arson investigator (Ray Liotta) searching for the perpetrator of a string of deadly fires in 1980s California.

Learning Curves (2003)

Character: Beth
Description: Learning Curves follows a young man in his final semester of college as he segues into adult life. Having an affair with his girlfriend's professor forces him to make difficult decisions about love, friendship, career, and the direction his life should take.

Nip Tuck (2003)

Character: Ridely
Description: Sophia Bush plays Vanessa's girl friend.

Supercross (2005)

Character: Zoe Lang
Description: A motorcycle saga that chronicles the personal journey of two brothers who overcome emotional and physical obstacles to achieve success in the competitive world of Supercross racing. The brothers' conflicts are magnified by their different life choices and their decision to become competitors and rivals. KC Carlyle is a more cautious rider than his younger brother Trip, who has more natural talent but takes too many risks. When KC gets an all-expenses paid factory--corporate sponsored--ride, a rift forms between the two brothers. Trip is forced to go at it alone, becoming a privateer--a rider without a sponsor. But when a career threatening crash ends Trip's Supercross career, he and KC realize that they must put aside their conflicts, and work together to help KC defeat the world's greatest Supercross champions.
CoStars: Seve Howey, Mike Vogel, Cameron Richardson

Stay Alive (2006)

Character: October Bantum
Description: After the brutal death of a friend, a group of friends find themselves in possession of a video-game called "Stay Alive," a blood-curdling true story of a 17th century noblewoman known as the Blood Countess. After playing the game when they know they shouldn't, however, the friends realize that once they die in the game--they die for real. As their numbers begin dropping and as they begin dying in the ways they died in the game, the remaining friends realize they must defeat the Blood Countess or accept their fates.
CoStars: Jon Foster, Samaire Armstrong, Frankie Muniz and Jimmi Simson.

One Tree Hill (2003-present)
Character: Brooke Davis
CoStars: Chad Michael Murray, Hilarie Burton, Bethany Joy Lenz and James Lafferty.
Description:Besides a love for hoops, it would seem that Lucas and Nathan are two young men with little in common - except for the dark secret that they share the same father. Arrogant and assured, Nathan is the star of the high school basketball team and hails from the wealthiest family in town. Quiet, brooding and driven, Lucas is a loner, the only child of a single working mom. He's always kept his distance from Nathan. But their lives collide when a twist of fate puts Lucas on Nathan's team. The rumor that's haunted the boys since childhood now becomes more than just whispers as the half-brothers compete not only for control of the court, but also for the heart of Nathan's girlfriend. So unfolds a deep and bitter conflict that's been years in the making; one that will play itself out in their homes, their hearts and at school as they struggle to come to terms with who they really are - and the fact that they may have more in common than they ever imagined.

-Since we had three years of Brooke davis, with her evolving every year, I thought I'd separate her character by season.

SEASON ONE:

S1 of OTH, we met Brooke Davis as this outlandishly sexual party girl. She hooked up, fell in love with and got her heart broken by Lucas Scott. We quickly realized that first impressions aren't everything.

SEASON TWO

During s2 of OTH, Brooke learned that she needed to tend to herself. She repaired herself, and learned there was more to life than guys and partying. She grew independant and evolved greatly. She also repaired her friendship with Lucas and Peyton after the betrayal of s1.

SEASON THREE :

During s3 of OTH, Brooke found herself afraid to love again. She took that chance and put her heart on the line with Lucas. They fell in love and are still in a loving relationship. Making new friends and enemies, Brooke learned a lesson of sorts during the first half of senior year.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:35 PM
Passionate Fan

thanks for this Sandy! I love this idea!

OMGosh doesnt Soph look so cute in a graduation cap?

Stay Alive, amazing, I was bawling when she died, it made me heartbroken.

Supercross, to be honest, the only reason I saw it was because of her, she did awesome.

OTH, well, she is just....I could go on forever about her, but Im not gonna bore you all, she is an amazing Brooke Davis and completely has my heart on and off the show.

The others, I havent seen. But I will!

thanks for this thread!
you're a warrior."
Old 06-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for this thread Sandy! Great idea!
Old 06-04-2006, 06:32 AM
Elite Fan

Wow..looking at the photos, she gets more and more beautiful every year.
Bunny #166
Game of Thrones | Jon&Daenerys
Old 06-04-2006, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is a really great idea, Sandy! Thanks for the pics and descriptions! Hmm, well Sophia has had some very awesome guest star roles as well as movies roles, and of course, One Tree Hill. I'd have to say that my favorite role is Brooke Davis. I love her character and I think she is a fun, kind and caring person and I think Sophia does a fantastic job with her.

As for Stay Alive and Supercross, I thought it was fun to see her in a role that was completely different. Same goes for her role in Nip Tuck. That is also why I am so curious to see her in John Tucker Must Die. I think it seems like a really funny movie that you can just sit back and really love. Sophia has done many different kinds od performances though and she has had different roles on One Tree Hill too since the characters change a lot from season to season.

Old 06-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

i still need to see Learning Curves and Point of Origin! i bet she did amazing in them, from what i've seen from the caps. i love how sophia can adjust to all these different roles, she's so awesome.

always

Old 06-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^Same! I always wanted to see PoO(and because Punk thought this was so very funny, mature as she is, I wanna clarify that PoO is infact Point of Origin, not POO!) because she looks so freaking sad in it and so pretty!

Last edited by heart packed in ice; 06-04-2006 at 06:50 PM
Old 06-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

always

Old 06-04-2006, 06:57 PM
Addicted Fan

You forgot Van Wilder

Anyway, I liked her in Learning Curves, I liked seeing her intellectual side, and I'd like to see more roles like that. I'd really like to see her in a role more her age, like a less ditzy Legally Blonde deal, or maybe where she's a doctor, in a romantic comedy, like Just Like Heaven... wait a sec. Am I infering I want her to be Reese? Because I love Reese, but I don't want Sophia to be her, just be as successful. I would also love to see her in an action movie as like, the computer operator who runs the communications with snark and intelligence!

*cough* I shall now stop waxing poetic and sit quietly until John Tucker Must Die...
Grey's Anatomy- Roomates and Exhibitionists. Veronica Mars is smarter than me.
I'm on Team Sophia, Team Denny, and Team Winchester. I want a Metallicar.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

I want to see Point of Origin SO BAD!! The video rental place near my house doesn't have it! I'm so mad!

"That's my boy isn't it? That's my boy. You like some old school hip hop, huh?"
Old 06-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

just wondering, has anyone ever seen point of origin? Does Sophia have a lot of appearances or was it like in Van wilder when she had only like a 2 minute scene?

"That's my boy isn't it? That's my boy. You like some old school hip hop, huh?"
Old 06-05-2006, 01:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the pics Punk.

Im not sure, I have no clue.
you're a warrior."
Old 06-05-2006, 03:15 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent137
You forgot Van Wilder

Anyway, I liked her in Learning Curves, I liked seeing her intellectual side, and I'd like to see more roles like that. I'd really like to see her in a role more her age, like a less ditzy Legally Blonde deal, or maybe where she's a doctor, in a romantic comedy, like Just Like Heaven... wait a sec. Am I infering I want her to be Reese? Because I love Reese, but I don't want Sophia to be her, just be as successful. I would also love to see her in an action movie as like, the computer operator who runs the communications with snark and intelligence!

*cough* I shall now stop waxing poetic and sit quietly until John Tucker Must Die...
ITA. You took the words out of my mouth As much as I love Brooke and OTH. I'm over it. I want her to do something where she can really use her talents. She would be so perfect in a adult-romantic comedy. The thing that I know we can count on Sophia is I think she will try a little bit of everything. I definitely think she will try and avoid being typecasted. I also think as her movies gross more..as that is starting to become the trend..she will be offered much better parts. I can't wait to see what her future projects are like!
Old 06-05-2006, 03:19 AM
Banned

Great thread Sandy!
Old 06-05-2006, 08:23 AM
Ultimate Fan

Her role in Point of Origin was really small, but she did really well in it. I haven't seen Learning Curves. It's been impossible for me to find or catch on TV.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread