Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2010, 04:02 PM
Elite Fan

Sophia/Chloe in The Chalet Girl Film Thread #1: Cause we can't wait to see our fav brunette turns into a pouty blonde!

Welcome to The Chalet Girl Appreciation Thread

Official Tagline/Description(s):

"Cinderella on a snowboard."

"Billed as a romantic comedy, the story details the story of a young girl from a working class suburb who lands a job in an ultra-glam ski resort, where she’s totally out of her depth until she discovers her natural snowboarding genius — and the boss’s gorgeous son.”

"Kim Matthews, a pretty and cocky 16 year-old from Essex, has the world at her feet, winning skateboarding competitions with an unrivalled skill and panache. 3 years later, however, and not quite; she’s working in a burger bar, her skateboarding days a distant dream as she struggles to support herself and her dad, mentally and emotionally, after the tragic death of her mum.

[CENTER]Finding the bills tough to pay, Kim stumbles into a highly paid catering job – in the Alps. Reluctantly leaving her dad Kim struggles as a ‘chalet girl’, completely out of her element in both the snow and the luxury world of her uber-posh employees, the Madsens. Mishaps after mishap ensue and Kim just can’t seem to get it right, and to top it all off she can’t even ski. Finding a dusty snowboard, tentatively Kim begins to teach herself and for the first time in years finds true enjoyment. As she begins to get the hang of it, she catches the attention of the local snowboarding champion, Tara, who notices her natural talent and encourages her to train for the end of season competition. It’s not only her snowboarding talents that are getting her noticed; Kim has also caught the attention of the handsome Jonny Madsen, much to the consternation of his mother and pouty girlfriend. As Kim’s ability on the slopes progresses and the jumps and the risks become higher it becomes apparent that Kim’s biggest obstacle is fear – fear from the scars of her mother’s accident. As Jonny and Kim grow closer, and the competition draws nearer, it looks like Kim once more could have the world at her feet – a chance at real love and at a championship title – but can she overcome the odds, and her own self, and claim it?"

THE CAST:

Sophia Bush as Chloe

Brooke Shields as Caroline

Ed westwick as Johnny

Bill Nighy as Richard

Felicity Jones as Kim

Georgia King as Jules

Nicholas Braun as Nigel
the rest here: IMDB

Sophia's Character
Character Name -- Chloe
Character Description -- the pouty Johnny's girlfrend

RELEASE DATE UK: here
February 4th 2011

all the information has been taken on the chalet girl thread in ed westwick's board.

"It feels damn good, at 31, to finally feel so comfortable in my skin!" - Sophia Bush
I'm Roby avie by me
Old 08-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Elite Fan

post away

"It feels damn good, at 31, to finally feel so comfortable in my skin!" - Sophia Bush
I'm Roby avie by me
Old 08-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for the thread awesome job with the op cant wait to see this movie
Old 08-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm really excited for that movie! Can't wait till trailer comes out!
Old 08-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting a thread for this Roby The OP looks wonderful The film really has a great cast.

The release date feels like so long away

Vicky
Old 08-16-2010, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

i didnt realize we had a release date.. so does that mean it comes in the uk first?
Old 08-16-2010, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

you're all welcome
yep apparently this movie is an english production

I'm Roby avie by me
Old 08-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

boo uk productions always means that it shows a year ahead in the uk before showing here.. well most of the times from the movies i have noticed produced in the uk cant wait to see the trailer. i love pouty blonde btw haha
Old 08-17-2010, 02:57 AM
Elite Fan

For once being in the UK is a good thing when it comes to films Hopefully other countries won't have to wait too long. I hope they have a premiere here and Sophia comes over, that would be amazing!

Vicky
Old 08-17-2010, 04:53 AM
Elite Fan

I know Sophia in a UK premiere would be awesome

I'm Roby avie by me
Old 08-17-2010, 05:34 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you for this thread.

Love the picture in the OP.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

Dude..I hope she'll make it to the UK premiere! And hour and a half long flight and I'm there!!!

It's a shame the premiere isn't a month before though since I'll be in London then anyways.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sophia in a UK premiere would be awesome
It so would. I really hope it happens.

I just hope her schedule will mean she could come if there is one. Has she been to the UK before at all? I don't remember her being here but I could be wrong.

Quote:
It's a shame the premiere isn't a month before though since I'll be in London then anyways
Isn't that always the way! If I'd been in the graduation ceremony a day before mine I would have had Orlando Bloom as the guest speaker Some things in life are just so unfair.

Vicky
Old 08-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for opening

Does it come out in the US earlier?
Old 08-17-2010, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucas4life (View Post)
For once being in the UK is a good thing when it comes to films
booo no Mandie it usually comes later for US/Canada if film is being produced in UK it takes a while to distribute to other countries.. we will be lucky if it comes out the same year and time. most i know for like james mcavoy films they take a year to come out in the us/canada but the last station had selected theatres.. came around the same time as the uk.. some had it in the next month or so. it depends on the distributer

oo that would be sooo awesome UK premiere and other places too that would be awesome
Closed Thread   Post New Thread