Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

Sophia Bush Board Communication Thread

Welcome to The Sophia Bush Board Communcation Thread

As one of my first Mod duties here I wanted to open this thread as a direct communication zone between Sam and I, and you the posters of this board. We've talked this over today and think it's the best way to get your feedback about board changes and also a good place for you to give us ideas on how to make this board the best it can be.

This place is under all the regular rules of the board, no bashing and no fights, it's common ground.

So with that, post away!

Nikki and Sam
Old 03-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting, Nikki!
Old 03-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

I'd like to communicate that I love you both.

And Sophia.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks, Sarah!
Old 03-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

Aww and we love you too!
Old 03-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Master Fan

I just wanna say that I don't understand how the Team Brooke thread creates negativity for the entire board...it's one thread, people who aren't comfortable with that can just avoid that thread. That was one thread I liked coming to and vent..but whatevs.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Elite Fan

WoW! I'm just gonna say I am in amazement at you two!! I'm so glad to see a positive spin happen on this Board.

I don't wanna start a fight, so I'll only say this one time, and seriously I don't mean to offend anyone, but I love this Board, and when I first came to FF this was the only Board I posted on. But it got a bit strict, and after awhile I didn't feel welcome anymore, what with having people not like the fact that I support Chad (Again I seriously DON'T mean to offend anyone!). But I will most definitely be over here a lot more often, if things start to change. I'd love to come and show my love for Sophia, and I really hope me supporting Chad doesn't have an effect on how people feel about me.

That's all. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone.

~Nicole
Nicole | Icon
Old 03-04-2007, 11:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelievesInChad&Sophia (View Post)
WoW! I'm just gonna say I am in amazement at you two!! I'm so glad to see a positive spin happen on this Board.

I don't wanna start a fight, so I'll only say this one time, and seriously I don't mean to offend anyone, but I love this Board, and when I first came to FF this was the only Board I posted on. But it got a bit strict, and after awhile I didn't feel welcome anymore, what with having people not like the fact that I support Chad (Again I seriously DON'T mean to offend anyone!). But I will most definitely be over here a lot more often, if things start to change. I'd love to come and show my love for Sophia, and I really hope me supporting Chad doesn't have an effect on how people feel about me.

That's all. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone.

~Nicole
Your welcome here anytime with me I love you and you can support whoever you want hope you feel better

Thanks for starting this thread
Old 03-05-2007, 04:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolzie (View Post)
I just wanna say that I don't understand how the Team Brooke thread creates negativity for the entire board...it's one thread, people who aren't comfortable with that can just avoid that thread. That was one thread I liked coming to and vent..but whatevs.
Well we are still going to keep the Rant thread open but we're going to be watching it closely.

Personally I see where the Team Brooke thread was of use when the B/L/P triangle was out in full force, but it's over with now, Brooke has moved on and Lucas/Peyton are together and there doesn't seem to be any lasting effects revolving around the triangle. I mean we don't see Brooke trying to get him back or anything and if the day comes where the dreaded triangle does come back then we might consider reopening the thread, but until then we have the Rant thread and I hope that it will be enough for you Team Brooke'ers.

We really don't want to offend anyone or make people mad, but we looked over the thread and just realized that it didn't really have a place in the show as it is.

Does that help any?

And Nicole, we are glad to have you around and hope you'll feel comfortable posting around here regardless of whom you support.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:34 AM
Master Fan

I understand the closing of the UC threads because of lack of traffic, but I hope you guys choose to keep the Dean/Brooke thread open. It's pretty active and for me and a few others, it's our main Brooke ship.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolzie (View Post)

I agree completely with that. I honestly think that taking that thread away is going to make many of the old posters not want to come here anymore. The anti-threads were removed a long time ago from the OTH board, so this was the one safe haven we all had. I can definitely see that discouraging people from coming here. And, in all honesty, if people don't like LP bashing, it says, very clearly, in the thread title that it is an anti-LP thread, if people have a problem with it then they read it at their own risk. As long as people know before going into the thread what they're going to get, I don't see the problem with having it, and I really don't think that it's fair to the people that have been here for so long to have that taken away.

Last edited by SirenSong; 03-05-2007 at 08:15 AM
Old 03-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Master Fan

I understand and appreciate how you guys are trying to make the board more welcoming, but I wish there was a way to do it that didn't make the already existing posters - who've felt comfortable and at home at this board, feel alienated.

More power to you guys though, and welcome Nikki and Sam.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Sandy, I love your positive spins.

And, sorry Sam and Nikki, I didn't mean to sound bitchy, but I just hate how a lot of us a feeling ostracized throughout this forum and now on this board too.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Supreme Fan

I know you girls don't mean to offend anyone, but loyal posters who have been here from early days are going to find the implication that the board hasnt been as positive to heart. That could make more posters uncomfortable, well the ones who have always been here that is and havent noticed a problem til its been mentioned now.

I understand the closing of threads for UC ships because of lack of trappic however the Team Brooke thread is active and is relevant as OTH still airs. The Anti is just to let LP fans know the content of the thread, more of a warning. I know there may be alot of negativity towards the character Peyton in this thread but that just comes with liking Brooke and i don't think that will change. However, it is your decision, and it will be respected.

Good luck and i hope you both enjoy being mods here! Welcome and congrats again.

eta: I just had a look at the Team Brooke thread and i can see why it may create a concern. Possibly giving a warning asking posters to tone it down could be a solution as IMO it is a relevant thread. However, if closing it is the only option then whatever is best.

Last edited by mylittlefaith; 03-05-2007 at 10:26 AM
Old 03-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

My biggest concerns:

1) Sophia Survivor's should be limited to one a month. The over abundance is ridiculous.
2) If the Anti Thread/Team Brooke thread is shutting down to keep posters from being uncomfortable, then slash shipping and discussion should be restricted to a slash thread only. Not everyone is comfortable talking about their favorite friendship in a romantic way.
3) Since we have two new moderators that some of us know close to nothing about I think I speak for everyone when I recommend you two maybe filling out a generic survey, like the one in the Introduction post about yourselves so we can get to know the people that will now be in charge of a board that we post frequently at. It's nothing against you two but I think all of us would be more comfortable knowing who was in charge since right now, we don't know a whole lot.
4) I don't agree with trying to put a 'positive spin' on the board since we were all pretty much unaware there was a 'negative spin' on the board. Since the board has been open I've never seen or heard of any reason to think this board was a negative place.
5) There was a comment made about the Team Brooke thread being closed because we have a Rant Thread (I agree, Team Brooke and Rant are practically one in the same, as long as we are allowed to freely express our opinions about the show, as long as no actor bashing is done) and because it has no relevance to the show. I for one don't have a problem closing the thread but closing it because it has no relevance is basically saying you'll be shutting down all the other threads as well. LB are no longer together, NB were a past fling, PB really aren't friends anymore so why keep those open since they don't have relevance? Because there is still the possibility that things will work out and if not, scenes are still filmed and we do recollect the past. Relevance shouldn't be an issue.

Nicole: No one ever had a problem with you supporting Chad. Just because some of us don't care for him doesn't mean we're going to make you an outcast. People have their own opinions so who are we to judge? I don't think any of us meant to purposely make you an outcast if that's how you've come to feel. I have to disagree though in saying that the board didn't become strict. You're most likely referring to the closure of the C/S thread and I really never thought that was nescessary because with any divorced/separated couple, there will always be that group of people that still hope for their reconcilation. Denying people the opportunity to post in a thread of a couple that doesn't exist is basically saying we should get rid of every thread that pairs Brooke/Sophia up with someone she isn't linked to and honestly, where is the fun in that?!

I don't mind the closing of some of the UC Threads seeing as how they have little to no traffic and can't keep up with the regular posting pace. I just hope you guys take into consideration that Brooke and UC Shipping go hand in hand.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread