Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2020, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep
Old 04-30-2020, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I was asked to share #MyTop5 documentaries with the folks @xtr. Here’s hoping these can bring you some inspiration while you #StayHome #repost
・・・
MY TOP 5 - Sophia Bush, Actress and Activist
1. The Farthest
2. Meru
3. Life, Animated
4. 13th
5. Bowling for Columbine
“The first two repeatedly make me fall in love with the planet, the solar system, and the human drive to push past limitations to pursue greatness and knowledge. The third will hopefully make you cry happy tears, and remind you to believe. And the last two, for me, serve as reminders that being human is a team sport. We have to fight for each other, in real ways, which requires honesty and a commitment to stand steady before the dark parts and not back down. We have work to do.
And on the subject of work, and hope, I would like to give honorable mentions to The Biggest Little Farm + RBG. Each left me so inspired!”

@reynoldsemer @jimmychin @chaivasarhelyi @rogerrosswilliams @ava @michaelfmoore @john_chester_on_the_farm @betsywestnyc

#xtrtopfive #documentary #basedonatruestory #alonetogether #filmmaking #filmmakers #xtrfilms
Old 05-01-2020, 10:35 PM
Moderator Support Team

I haven't see any of those.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Me neither
Old 05-05-2020, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 05-05-2020, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love that, thanks
Old 05-08-2020, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
White supremacist terrorism has seen a sharp increase in America in recent years (source @fbi) And white supremacist terrorism is embedded in the roots of this country. It makes us all sick. White folks? We have to make noise and demand change. This task cannot fall on communities of color alone. The cost on black and brown bodies is already too high. #AhmaudArbery was chased down — hunted by a man and his two sons — and shot in broad daylight. He was 25 years old. He was out on his daily run. This family of white supremacists chased him down in their truck and murdered him. It’s on video — DO NOT SHARE IT, and you shouldn’t have to watch it to be outraged at the execution of a human being — and @govkemp and the Georgia DA have not charged his murderers because of their connection to law enforcement. That is an affront to both Americans and to civil servants everywhere. This man was executed. His murderers must be brought to justice. Say his name. Light up the phones. Spend your privilege. Governor Kemp’s office phone number: (404) 656-1776. Let him know that, as a nation, we are watching. Let him know that we demand justice. Let him know we won’t give up. Advocate for this man and his family the way you would pray that people might advocate for you if this happened to you. #JusticeForAhmaud

If you want to better understand the scourge of this kind of domestic terrorism, see some articles in my story today.
Old 05-11-2020, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I woke up thinking about Wanda Cooper Jones today. She is #AhmaudArbery’s mother. It’s #MothersDay. Her son was born on Mother’s Day in 1994. This past Friday he would have turned 26. But Wanda’s son will only ever be 25. I can’t stop thinking about the reality that she is living now. A waking nightmare. I do not know her. I did not know her son. I do not have a son. I have no clue what it feels like to lose one. Yet here I am, feeling sick, in tears, at a loss for words. In trying to find some, I instead found @michele__norris’. I will link to her op-ed in my stories. Please read it today. Honor Wanda. Honor your mother by honoring her. Do not look away.

Here is an excerpt from Norris’ searing piece:
“Just in time for Mother’s Day, Wanda Cooper-Jones had joined a sorority no woman wants any part of. Her youngest son was shot during a Sunday afternoon jog back in February by two men who looked at him and saw a monster.

She will get a lot of attention this Mother’s Day. But not the kind she is accustomed to. Not the sweet and earnest gestures from a loving son: a card, some flowers, maybe some lopsided pancakes on a breakfast-in-bed tray. Her day will be filled instead with grief and rage. A hole in her heart and an empty chair at the table... With Ahmaud’s senseless death, Wanda Cooper-Jones joined the group of grieving black women whose sons’ and daughters’ names have turned into grief-soaked hashtags. She joins the group that calls itself the “Circle of Mothers” — women who understand what it is like for the world to suddenly know your child’s name for the very worst of reasons... I am not a card-carrying member of that Circle of Mothers, but I live with the constant fear that I could be. Most black women do. Heck, most black people do. But our sorrow and umbrage alone won’t shake the bias out of America’s soul.”

So let me ask you, readers... what will finally spark enough sorrow & outrage in your soul that you see Wanda’s son in your own? When will we defend other people’s children as if they’re our own? That’s my Mother’s Day prayer. I hope it will be yours. I hope together it can be our rallying cry. No more children’s names. No more. #IRunWithMaud
Old 05-11-2020, 11:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

love that picture of her.

I love that she posts that stuff, it's so awful what happened. makes me sick.
Old 05-12-2020, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It seriously is
Old 05-15-2020, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 05-18-2020, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 05-18-2020, 09:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

love that she talks about these things. they for sure should be punished.
Old 05-18-2020, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes they should
Old 05-21-2020, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Nothing else to add here ... though I really wish I’d had flyers of this exchange printed out to hand out to all the folks refusing to wear masks in LA this weekend, though that would’ve compromised responsible physical distancing. Ugh. HEALTHCARE WORKERS AND FOOD SERVICE WORKERS ARE DYING — at disproportionate numbers to the rest of us!! — SO PUT ON A GD MASK, Karen. It’s literally the least you can do. There is nothing hard about it. Your freedoms aren’t being infringed on. You’re being asked to do your part, which you should jump at since you claim to love your country. Or does that not apply across the board? Because if it DOES ... wait for it ... MASK UP. Oh, and science is real. Period. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk. #ProtectHealthcareWorkers #ProtectFoodServiceWorkers #MaskingForAFriend image c/o @themakeuppapi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread