Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2020, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetgirl465 (View Post)
2x19

it was great seeing Uncle Cooper in this episode

the first time I saw this episode, I didn't realize James real brother was in this episode

loved the scene with Brooke, Peyton, Karen and Deb dancing together

i like the Mouth and Brooke friendship, he pretended to be drunk to hang out

Nathan was really reckless in the last scene and not stopping the car:

I did like the song choice they had he for the scene

2x20

this was a weird episode seeing Lucas and Nathan switch places and seeing the Lucas as a bully

I love seeing scenes the Brooke/Nathan scenes

the Naley scene at the end
Me too

Hahhaah

Same, that was nice

That was great

He seriously was and it was a great song

No doubt

Same

So sad
Old 09-15-2020, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OTH 2x18...
I can't root for Nikki as an adult and realizing how important it is to not be a drunk and leaving your child in a car is... Jake has every right to want to protect Jenny from that because if it was the other way around, everyone would call the dad trash for being knocked out in a car as their baby freeze almost to death.
Nah... I don't care if she carried the kid. I loved that after Whitey heard this, that made him make the decision to take Jenny himself.

My main issue I will say though is that I wish one of the adults at asked about supervised visits? I felt Nikki could've gotten 2 days per week supervised visits because she didn't seem to care much about her child until the Boy Auction episodes nah... she had her fun and now she just wants her child back... it just doesn't work like that especially if you are a danger to a child.
Of course Nikki said Jenny wasn't Jake's son... so if that's the case all she had to do was demand a DNA test through her lawyers and that'd get his child stripped?

Also I loved all the scenes with Lucas/Peyton/Jake! Any scenes in the trio worked for me.

The Nathan and Taylor scenes were fun but I am happy nothing more came from that. That would've been way too messy for me. lol And Nathan again just showed how mature he got!

I loved all the Brooke scenes!
Brooke/Erica scenes were a nice surprise!
Mouth following Brooke on her shift was so lovely! and of course the Mouth and Erica moment!

Not much to comment on. lol Watched this episode last week so just going by the stories that I focused more on I guess. lol

Oh the Lucas, Dan and Andy stuff was intriguing for sure...

Last edited by eternalfate; 09-16-2020 at 06:49 AM
Old 09-15-2020, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Forgot to mention something about 2.20

When Deb told Nathan he was going to marry Haley someday, that really was THE point of an otherwise strange episode. The point was even if Nathan and Lucas would have swapped situations, Nathan and Haley would have most likely become romantic. There was a romantic flavor with them. They were not like Lucas/Haley.

I think that was the main point... Naley would have been together romantically no matter the scenario because they were meant to be.

I love the Lucas/Peyton scene when Lucas said he never wants their friendship to suck again. I love them. Right before this scene there was a Brooke and Lucas scene. Brooke gave him that bill of sale she put back together. It's amazing how I watch the Brooke and Lucas scene while drinking my coffee, my eyes wandering to the TV or outside and then Lucas/Peyton shows up on my screen two seconds later and I find myself sitting up straight, hanging on every word, rewinding to make sure I didn't miss anything, not even an expression.

Yes, I clearly love Lucas/Peyton. lol

I want Peyton's rock t-shirt. Seriously, I share her wardrobe.

I absolutely love the Nathan/Peyton scene. Nathan actually opened up to Peyton more that he even opened up to Lucas. He also helped Peyton see that she should not back down from her dreams. What a special moment between the two of them. They might have been a train-wreck romantically but their heart to hearts post break up have been amazing.

Lucas and Brooke =

So. Not. A. Fan.

Notice though how Monster incorporates the scene between Lucas/Peyton hugging and Brooke looking at them with frustration and jealousy. That is so deliberate. Mark is already giving away what we know to be true. Still, he's spelling it out, big time. He's letting us know that for now, Peyton is mourning the situation with Jake so he's going with Lucas/Brooke for a short time until things get sorted out. However, as we see based on Brooke alone given her response to Lucas and Peyton... the story will always be Lucas/Peyton and it's coming back to them no matter what.

I also love the second Nathan/Peyton scene.

Wow, so Haley's giving up her chance as a solo artist (which seemed to be a done deal) and then Nathan hits her with annulment papers. Man.

Then Brooke makes the call to Lucas with the hope of opening herself back up to him romantically and what happens? AS she's calling she bumps into a box of Lucas' that has emotionally romantic pictures of Lucas/Peyton, drawings of Peyton's, letters, etc. FATE, DESTINY, meant to be are Lucas and Peyton and really, I feel sorry for Brooke in this scene because deep down she knows it! She knows she cannot fight this, not even slightly can she fight the destiny and meant to be tag that is Lucas/Peyton. She absolutely gets it. Monster does a good job of showing he already has Lucas/Peyton endgame in this episode, alone. Seriously, the writing's on the wall. It's very clear.

Will watch 2.22 tomorrow most likely. Just had time tonight for 2.21.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Should have known I wouldn't be able to sleep once again.

I love seeing Nathan all determined to play basketball again. Thank God!

Awe, Lucas wants his Haley back. Too bad he's bringing Brooke to go see Haley, but other than that, I love Lucas/Haley.

I can't believe Dan forcefully kissed Karen but what she did to him next, throwing the chair to shatter the glass and saying next time it will be his face is about as good as it gets.

That Lucas/Brooke car scene is just annoying. Brooke is back to being a jealous, insecure, emotionally weak girl around him. I hate it. I don't know how anyone can cheer for these two given how the entire situation is set up. Brooke knows it's doomed yet she continues on in this delusional world. She made such great progress this season. The last thing she needs is to revert back to where she was when the triangle was full force.

Nikki took Jenny. I hate her but this whole situation seems so weird and off the wall. Nikki is a witch but why would Jake not want to work things out? I still don't really understand. Jenny is still her daughter. She is not an abuser, drug addict, or anything bad like that. She's made mistakes, for sure. But I don't understand why she's being painted as this super, super dangerous person.

This is why I can't hate Chris, this exchange with Lucas:

Quote:
LUCAS: You’re messing with people’s lives; people I care about(!)

CHRIS: Messing how? (Stands) You mean having s*x with Haley? (Lucas scoffs and shakes his head, one step away from hitting him, hard.) CHRIS: Coz I never did that. (Pause) OK? Is that what you needed to hear? (Lucas eyes him coldly.) CHRIS: How’s Nathan doing, anyway?

LUCAS: Don’t go there(!)

CHRIS: Oh, come on, man, you don’t think I think about the guy? (Lucas turns to him.) CHRIS: I’m a song writer; I carry all that crap around.

LUCAS: WELL, THEN YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW HE’S DOING! HE’S TERRIBLE!

CHRIS: Well, he should be. Haley’s a great girl. It would suck to lose her.

LUCAS: AND YOU DON’T FEEL THE SLIGHTEST BIT GUILTY ABOUT THAT?!

CHRIS: No, and I’ll tell you why: this is a one in a million chance we’re taking here. You gotta be selfish as hell; you’re either all in… or you’re out. (Lucas looks away, smirking.) You don’t think I’ve tried to talk to her about it? In the middle of the night on some random bus ride? Hell, man, I’ve talked to her a lot more than you have these past few months. (Lucas looks away, knowing that he’s right about not talking to Haley.) CHRIS: Listen, Luke, I know she’s your friend, so… you can hate me for helping her chase her dream, but… I’m just trying to help her, now. You know? (He sits on the bed again.) CHRIS: That same way you are. (Grabs his guitar.) The rest, it’s up to her. (He begins to play again and Lucas walks to the door. Before he can walk through it, Chris point at him.)
Should he have had some sort of conversation with Nathan before they left? Maybe. But then again, he's not exactly friends with Nathan. Nathan and Haley should have been the ones working it out on their own.

Love the Lucas/Haley bedroom scene. Awe. But so sad that Lucas thinks he's losing Haley as far as her not living in Tree Hill anymore.

Okay, the Jake/Jenny situation does work my last nerve a bit. Peyton is almost suffering just as much as she did last season with the triangle. Seriously, Jake's gone, comes back, is in prison, gets out and then has to leave again. The biggest issue with Peyton is that everyone leaves her, she has trouble trusting and this has to be the worst situation for her right now. It sucks. Why can't Jake just get the fricken cops involved to find Jenny? I don't get why he's personally doing it. So weird.

Obviously Andy realizes Karen is not over Keith.

Peyton at the end breaks my heart. But I love how happy she is even though her heart is breaking at the same time.

This quote by Nathan is chilling and oh so true:

Quote:
NATHAN: (v.o) As far as I’m concerned, Shaw was a punk(!) (Nathan does a few smart moves and hits the basket again.) Coz you know what? Tragedies happen. (Lucas watches his brother with worry.) FADE TO: [INT. TRIC – THE CROWD – EVENING] (Jimmy Eat World sing but Nathan drowns them out.) NATHAN: (v.o) What’re you gonna do, give up? Quit? No. FADE TO: [INT. NATHAN’S APARTMENT – LIVING ROOM – EVENING] (Nathan walks around, picking up the last of his things.) NATHAN: (v.o) I realize now that when your heart breaks, you gotta fight like hell to make sure you’re still alive. (He takes off his shirt.) NATHAN: (v.o) Coz you are, (Looks down at his bleeding wound.) and that pain you feel:… it’s life(!) (Nathan looks up at the pink wall.) NATHAN: (v.o) The confusion and fear… that’s there to remind you that somewhere out there is something better. (Nathan walks past it.) And that something is worth fighting for.
^^^^^ Those words are so beautiful and true. I wish I would have heard those words at a time in my life when I was acutely hurting. I think it would have helped me. In fact, I think anyone who suffers loss should hear those words. It is inspirational.
Old 09-16-2020, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
OTH 2x17...
I can't root for Nikki as an adult and realizing how important it is to not be a drunk and leaving your child in a car is... Jake has every right to want to protect Jenny from that because if it was the other way around, everyone would call the dad trash for being knocked out in a car as their baby freeze almost to death.
Nah... I don't care if she carried the kid. I loved that after Whitey heard this, that made him make the decision to take Jenny himself.

My main issue I will say though is that I wish one of the adults at asked about supervised visits? I felt Nikki could've gotten 2 days per week supervised visits because she didn't seem to care much about her child until the Boy Auction episodes nah... she had her fun and now she just wants her child back... it just doesn't work like that especially if you are a danger to a child.
Of course Nikki said Jenny wasn't Jake's son... so if that's the case all she had to do was demand a DNA test through her lawyers and that'd get his child stripped?

Also I loved all the scenes with Lucas/Peyton/Jake! Any scenes in the trio worked for me.

The Nathan and Taylor scenes were fun but I am happy nothing more came from that. That would've been way too messy for me. lol And Nathan again just showed how mature he got!

I loved all the Brooke scenes!
Brooke/Erica scenes were a nice surprise!
Mouth following Brooke on her shift was so lovely! and of course the Mouth and Erica moment!

Not much to comment on. lol Watched this episode last week so just going by the stories that I focused more on I guess. lol

Oh the Lucas, Dan and Andy stuff was intriguing for sure...

Assuming you are talking about 2x18, since you have reviewed that one already

I do get that Jake wants to protect Jenny for Nikki, but at the same time I think he was going the wrong way about it

Glad nothing happened between Nathan and Taylor either

Brooke's scenes was one of the few things I enjoyed about the episode, lol. That was cute too

Not a fan of this arc at all
Old 09-16-2020, 03:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Will reply to your comments when I've watched those episodes Michelle
Old 09-16-2020, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Assuming you are talking about 2x18, since you have reviewed that one already

I do get that Jake wants to protect Jenny for Nikki, but at the same time I think he was going the wrong way about it

Not a fan of this arc at all

Yep, it was 2x18.
I think Jake is going about it this way because of what happened in the past and that's why I mentioned mothers do it all the time... and the court would usually agree with the mother against the father if the father made a one time mistake like that.
Jenny could've died that day so that's a pretty huge error to make.

Do you know what the other issue was though? THE ADULTS! That's been my issues since season 1 when it came to Jake storyline. Although Jake is mature for his age, he doesn't have any of the adults telling him he's wrong or telling him the way he's going about it should be different. I said this during season 1 that one of the adults should've told him the best course of action would be supervised visits.

So if you are Jake and you know your daughter could've died because of the mother and the grown adults in your life are pretty much agreeing about his way of handling it.... what would you do?

Old 09-16-2020, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Will reply to your comments when I've watched those episodes Michelle
Sounds good!
Old 09-17-2020, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep

Quote:

Yep, it was 2x18.
I think Jake is going about it this way because of what happened in the past and that's why I mentioned mothers do it all the time... and the court would usually agree with the mother against the father if the father made a one time mistake like that.
Jenny could've died that day so that's a pretty huge error to make.

Do you know what the other issue was though? THE ADULTS! That's been my issues since season 1 when it came to Jake storyline. Although Jake is mature for his age, he doesn't have any of the adults telling him he's wrong or telling him the way he's going about it should be different. I said this during season 1 that one of the adults should've told him the best course of action would be supervised visits.

So if you are Jake and you know your daughter could've died because of the mother and the grown adults in your life are pretty much agreeing about his way of handling it.... what would you do?

I wouldn't have run away like Jake did at the end of S1 That just made things worse and just made things a lot easier for Nikki to get custody.
Old 09-18-2020, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yep

I wouldn't have run away like Jake did at the end of S1 That just made things worse and just made things a lot easier for Nikki to get custody.

Did you read the whole post? That's why I mentioned the adults.
All of the adults are encouraging him to do everything he did. Jake at the end of the day is just a teenager and he felt what he did was right and all the adults agreed with him. Larry even gave him the boat to board on.

That's why I said I wish the writing could've been better although they made it clear the danger Nikki was to her daughter in the past... supervised visits would've been the way to slowly bring her back.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

Did you read the whole post? That's why I mentioned the adults.
All of the adults are encouraging him to do everything he did. Jake at the end of the day is just a teenager and he felt what he did was right and all the adults agreed with him. Larry even gave him the boat to board on.

That's why I said I wish the writing could've been better although they made it clear the danger Nikki was to her daughter in the past... supervised visits would've been the way to slowly bring her back.
I did and adults agreeing with him wasn't right. But that doesn't mean he should have run away, someone his agree should have known that.
Old 09-18-2020, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I did and adults agreeing with him wasn't right. But that doesn't mean he should have run away, someone his agree should have known that.

He felt he was protecting his daughter and a lot of people would do anything to protect their child which is why I mentioned the mother vs father analogy of how women are viewed much differently than men and how for the most part women are likely to get custody over a father.
Jake was just a teenager with not many choices on what to do and instead of no one directing him to the wise decision, they all agreed when they were the adults.

I can't blame Jake for doing all to protect his daughter.
I would've if the adults in his life gave him better advice for many episodes and he kept ignoring them and ran away where no one knowing where he was.
Old 09-18-2020, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

He felt he was protecting his daughter and a lot of people would do anything to protect their child which is why I mentioned the mother vs father analogy of how women are viewed much differently than men and how for the most part women are likely to get custody over a father.
Jake was just a teenager with not many choices on what to do and instead of no one directing him to the wise decision, they all agreed when they were the adults.

I can't blame Jake for doing all to protect his daughter.
I would've if the adults in his life gave him better advice for many episodes and he kept ignoring them and ran away where no one knowing where he was.
But running away just made things worse and made things much easier for Nikki get to custody, especially since he didn't turn up to court either.

Jake absolutely should have known, regardless of whether the adults didn't or not.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Watching soon, Sam? LOL.
Old 09-26-2020, 03:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes, lol
Closed Thread   Post New Thread