Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2020, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Fair But it wasn't the only thing she did
Old 09-02-2020, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I will watch the episodes tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-02-2020 at 04:27 PM
Old 09-02-2020, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Super funny when Brooke says she doesn't miss Felix or even her parents but she misses her money.

I also loved the scene when Brooke, Peyton, Karen and Deb were dancing together.

I liked Uncle Cooper.

I also loved that Daytona chick who knew how to race cars.

Dan took Andy down going after his job and Andy is really in over his head when it comes to Dan. I don't think he realizes just how much. He might think he is powerful with all his money but Dan is much, much more powerful.

I so loved the scene between Peyton and Brooke when Brooke picked up Peyton and Peyton rested her head on Brooke's shoulder and Brooke was driving, holding her head. That was absolutely adorable. Season 2 might be dark and suck in a lot of ways but there's quite a few excellent Peyton and Brooke scenes that I love.

I loved the Peyton/Whitey scene. The "Everyone leaves" bit with Peyton is in full force again. Poor girl.

Deb abusing meds is just ridiculous. She started after she quit her job and then uses being married to Dan as justification for it. That's a bunch of BS, Deb. Be stronger than that, you are a mother.

Nathan REALLY worked my last nerve in this one. He literally acts like he's the only one on the planet to have a broken marriage. On top of it all, he bails on Haley before she was done with her music gig and stupidly erases a detailed message she left on the voicemail which probably would have given him a ton of hope. What an idiot. Then he takes advantage of his uncle's kindness who was truly trying to help him by taking one of his race cars in front of him, his brother, his two childhood friends and tries to commit suicide in it? Is he for real? Grow a pair, Nathan, this pathetic victim routine is getting super old, I am sorry. How selfish and thoughtless of him to do something so dangerous and life threatening in front of his loved ones like that. As a psychologist this really bothers me. Suicide is a selfish act IF you are of sound mind and he was. If he was suffering from schizophrenia, bipolar, severe clinical depression that affects the chemicals in your brain without a situational angle, the person can't really help it since they are not in the right state of mind. He was. Nathan absolutely knew what he was doing. It was a selfish act going there in front of loved ones. Awful. I have no sympathy for him in this one.

So weird seeing Lucas as a bully.

Hilarie looks so sexy in a white wife beater. lol.

That ending after Nathan beats Lucas on the Rivercourt is so intriguing... Lucas becomes Lucas again, and Haley gave Nathan the bracelet back and then her ring was in his hand. That was interesting.

Good that Lucas called Haley. It was the right thing to do.

Ha, I love when Peyton and Brooke kiss Nathan on the head and cheek as they're saying goodbye and he said he knows they both want him.

Wow, Nathan totally rejected Haley on the phone. She was standing there ready to grab a flight too. Man.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Super funny when Brooke says she doesn't miss Felix or even her parents but she misses her money.
Loved that

Quote:
I also loved the scene when Brooke, Peyton, Karen and Deb were dancing together.
That was great

Quote:
I liked Uncle Cooper.
Same here

Quote:
I also loved that Daytona chick who knew how to race cars.
Same, nice name for someone interested in cars too lol

Quote:
Dan took Andy down going after his job and Andy is really in over his head when it comes to Dan. I don't think he realizes just how much. He might think he is powerful with all his money but Dan is much, much more powerful.
He is, but I did like him asking how is Dan's karma after Nathan's accident

Quote:
I so loved the scene between Peyton and Brooke when Brooke picked up Peyton and Peyton rested her head on Brooke's shoulder and Brooke was driving, holding her head. That was absolutely adorable. Season 2 might be dark and suck in a lot of ways but there's quite a few excellent Peyton and Brooke scenes that I love.
That was a cute scene

Quote:
I loved the Peyton/Whitey scene. The "Everyone leaves" bit with Peyton is in full force again. Poor girl.
I liked the fact that shared a scene, but that's all I like about it

Quote:
Deb abusing meds is just ridiculous. She started after she quit her job and then uses being married to Dan as justification for it. That's a bunch of BS, Deb. Be stronger than that, you are a mother.
Yeah, it's dumb arc (especially since the show isn't handled it well imo.

Quote:
Nathan REALLY worked my last nerve in this one. He literally acts like he's the only one on the planet to have a broken marriage. On top of it all, he bails on Haley before she was done with her music gig and stupidly erases a detailed message she left on the voicemail which probably would have given him a ton of hope. What an idiot. Then he takes advantage of his uncle's kindness who was truly trying to help him by taking one of his race cars in front of him, his brother, his two childhood friends and tries to commit suicide in it? Is he for real? Grow a pair, Nathan, this pathetic victim routine is getting super old, I am sorry. How selfish and thoughtless of him to do something so dangerous and life threatening in front of his loved ones like that. As a psychologist this really bothers me. Suicide is a selfish act IF you are of sound mind and he was. If he was suffering from schizophrenia, bipolar, severe clinical depression that affects the chemicals in your brain without a situational angle, the person can't really help it since they are not in the right state of mind. He was. Nathan absolutely knew what he was doing. It was a selfish act going there in front of loved ones. Awful. I have no sympathy for him in this one.
Ouch, lol.

Quote:
So weird seeing Lucas as a bully.
It was, what did you think of how some of the characters were presented in this episode?

Quote:
Hilarie looks so sexy in a white wife beater. lol.
Agreed, lol

Quote:
That ending after Nathan beats Lucas on the Rivercourt is so intriguing... Lucas becomes Lucas again, and Haley gave Nathan the bracelet back and then her ring was in his hand. That was interesting.
Yes it was

Quote:
Good that Lucas called Haley. It was the right thing to do.
It really was

Quote:
Ha, I love when Peyton and Brooke kiss Nathan on the head and cheek as they're saying goodbye and he said he knows they both want him.
Same

Quote:
Wow, Nathan totally rejected Haley on the phone. She was standing there ready to grab a flight too. Man.
Still think she should have come back regardless though
Old 09-04-2020, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Ouch, lol.
As a psychologist I just have very strong feelings. I'm too close to this sort of thing when it comes to research and seeing it with my own two eyes with others during actual real life.

Quote:
It was, what did you think of how some of the characters were presented in this episode?
Didn't make much sense. KK affair, Peyton nice to Nate. Just weird. Overall I wasn't a huge fan of this episode.

Quote:
Still think she should have come back regardless though
Honestly, given how Nathan acted I temporarily wanted Haley staying far away.

This storyline just works my last nerve. Naley shouldn't even be married in the first place. The Chris kiss was so lame. This Tour should have been something Nathan supported, instead of acting like it came from hell. It's just so messy.
Old 09-04-2020, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
As a psychologist I just have very strong feelings. I'm too close to this sort of thing when it comes to research and seeing it with my own two eyes with others during actual real life.
I can really tell, haha

Quote:
Didn't make much sense. KK affair, Peyton nice to Nate. Just weird. Overall I wasn't a huge fan of this episode.
It seriously didn't, wish I skipped it.

Quote:
Honestly, given how Nathan acted I temporarily wanted Haley staying far away.

This storyline just works my last nerve. Naley shouldn't even be married in the first place. The Chris kiss was so lame. This Tour should have been something Nathan supported, instead of acting like it came from hell. It's just so messy.
Yeah, I really hate this whole arc too
Old 09-05-2020, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I can really tell, haha

Quote:
It seriously didn't, wish I skipped it.
It's like the writers decided to blow off thinking/writing anything creative for an episode so they threw this one together by flipping around characters without worrying about anything making sense.

Quote:
Yeah, I really hate this whole arc too
Forced, ridiculous drama.

If Joy needed time off then why marry Naley? I'm not sure about the timing but if they weren't married and they had Haley go off on Tour or leave for something else (maybe a family member gets sick) they could have had Naley in limbo up in the air and then we could've seen them missing each other, realizing they really want to be together. Even if Monster still wanted them married early they could have gotten married at the end of season 2 instead of season 1.
Old 09-05-2020, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Lol

Quote:
It's like the writers decided to blow off thinking/writing anything creative for an episode so they threw this one together by flipping around characters without worrying about anything making sense.
That is pretty much what happened imo.

Quote:
Forced, ridiculous drama.

If Joy needed time off then why marry Naley? I'm not sure about the timing but if they weren't married and they had Haley go off on Tour or leave for something else (maybe a family member gets sick) they could have had Naley in limbo up in the air and then we could've seen them missing each other, realizing they really want to be together. Even if Monster still wanted them married early they could have gotten married at the end of season 2 instead of season 1.
I don't think she needed time off, Joy only went on tour because the producers wanted her too from memory.
Old 09-05-2020, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Lol

That is pretty much what happened imo.

I don't think she needed time off, Joy only went on tour because the producers wanted her too from memory.
Oh really? I thought I read a long time ago that Joy needed a little bit of time off for her own music so they added in her character of Haley going on tour while she was doing music stuff. Thus, why Haley wasn't on the screen a lot during this time period. That information could be wrong though.
Old 09-05-2020, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

2x16 - 2x17
I liked 2x17; loved the heck out of 2x16!
This is not a live review since I watched both of these episodes like two days ago. Sorry if I miss some stuff, I am writing based on memory here. lol .

The Kieth and Jules stuff... I felt bad for Kieth to have to find out the truth about Jules on his wedding day, this is why he should've been informed about everything before this big day and the scene when Lucas is going at Dan and blaming him for what happened and it turns out that it was actually Karen. That had to hurt... however had to feel good for Dan that he finally couldn't get blamed for anything.

My issue with Karen is that yes she's looking after Kieth and Jules deserved that slap but Jules was absolutely correct about how Karen didn't want anyone else to have Kieth, her reactions to Kieth relationship this entire season up to the point of saying she was jealous of Jules confirmed that.

I can see why Kieth was upset with Lucas. Lucas knew the truth and still was going to allow him to marry Jules? That's where I agreed with depressed Nathan about how that Kieth/Jules marriage won't work with that big of a secret.
Yes, Lucas had good intentions however Kieth was going to commit his life to this woman, he had the right to know the truth about everything regardless of how Jules truly fell in love with him.

Karen/Andy I love them but even I was shocked when Karen told Andy she loved him... I actually forgot she said it back since I feel she's still caught up with Kieth... forgot if she meant the words or not but I just feel bad for Andy. He's falling for Karen so much but she's still very much more tied to Kieth ... more then she's ever been in the past.

Jake/Peyton. I can't say enough beautiful things about my OTP of the OTH forever. I loved when Jenny was saying "dada" or Jake thought Jenny was saying it and Peyton was laughing and how Brooke intruppted them...
When Jake saw Peyton in that dress, his hormones clearly hit a all time high and they slept together again! Hot love scene!
Jeyton entered that church and Brooke called them out for having sex and their reactions that were captured. Peyton mentioning to Brooke that they are at a church and Brooke with the good comeback if she knows then so does he (God).
Another funny moment was in church was when Brooke told Peyton to blink once if it was good or more then once if it was more than good and all that blinking that Peyton did. lol
Jake was in the corner so confused as to what Brooke and Peyton were even talking about.

I LOVE THEM.

Anna - I loved her scenes! These were probably my favorite scenes of the series for her when she talked about who she is... and how Peyton told Anna that although Felix spray painted Dyke on her locker, he really felt those terrible feelings towards Anna. That was a sad reality for Anna to face. I felt so bad for Anna when she finally told Felix the truth about who she was and she asked him if he could have his back and he just walked away. I felt that pain she felt in that moment. The acting and everything was incredible there. Huge moment for Anna.
Brooke breaking up with Felix was great but I felt she wanted to do it anyway since before that break up, she talked to Lucas about how independent she's starting to feel even though Felix has been supportive. So, I felt Brooke was looking for a reason to break up with Felix and then she found out about what he did and that made things easier because come on Brooke, you always knew deep down the person Felix was from Day 1.

The beginning of Brooke living with Karen and Lucas. This will be so much fun! I loved when Karen gave Brooke the ground rules and how happy Brooke was to have something close to a mother.

Nathan/Haley - I was surprised when I saw Haley and Nathan speaking on the phone. I forgot that scene even happened but as it went on I remembered... when Haley told Nathan to watch her on tv... all the memories came back.
I like the balance of Nathan's pain and love. He can never truly hate Haley even if he wanted to. She's just the love of his life... a love he probably never thought he'd feel for anyone.
Now when it comes to these scenes for both episodes I am team Nathan and Haley because we got to see it from both of their perspectives.
Starting with Haley... Haley wants the music and her husband and she wants that support that she doesn't feel she's receiving from him. Even when she was asked to remove her wedding ring she didn't want to do that. When she went on the interview she made sure to add the "Scott" to her name! She wanted the world to know that she's "Haley James-Scott" and then when Nathan came to visit her she was about to perform and just needed to have a long talk with Nathan so she wanted him to wait and of course that didn't happen....

For Nathan, he feels her main motivation for leaving is Chris because he found out that the relationship with Haley/Chris was more personal than business seeing as how kisses happened. He calls her and it seems she doesn't get it. He sees her on tv and Chris implies there is more to their musical relationship... which makes Nathan feel like dirt. He just feels he's getting played.
He goes to visit Haley and it seems she could care less about him being there and it's just Chris and her music.

Me as the viewer watching this... more in particular 2x17, I'd say Haley reaction to seeing Nathan was a bit odd to me.. she didn't come across happy or anything, she came off as a celebrity who had Nathan behind her. lol I felt more energy from her when she hugged Nathan goodbye but I can see how Nathan could sense it as her not really wanting to be with him anymore because of the vibe Haley was giving.

The N/H flashbacks were beautiful. I forgot about it so I loved it!
Old 09-06-2020, 01:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh really? I thought I read a long time ago that Joy needed a little bit of time off for her own music so they added in her character of Haley going on tour while she was doing music stuff. Thus, why Haley wasn't on the screen a lot during this time period. That information could be wrong though.
Don't think that was it, at least from what I've read/heard
Old 09-06-2020, 02:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
2x16 - 2x17
I liked 2x17; loved the heck out of 2x16!
This is not a live review since I watched both of these episodes like two days ago. Sorry if I miss some stuff, I am writing based on memory here. lol .

Okay Think you have more or less covered everything

Quote:
The Keith and Jules stuff... I felt bad for Kieth to have to find out the truth about Jules on his wedding day, this is why he should've been informed about everything before this big day and the scene when Lucas is going at Dan and blaming him for what happened and it turns out that it was actually Karen. That had to hurt... however had to feel good for Dan that he finally couldn't get blamed for anything.

My issue with Karen is that yes she's looking after Keith and Jules deserved that slap but Jules was absolutely correct about how Karen didn't want anyone else to have Kieth, her reactions to Keith relationship this entire season up to the point of saying she was jealous of Jules confirmed that.

I can see why Keith was upset with Lucas. Lucas knew the truth and still was going to allow him to marry Jules? That's where I agreed with depressed Nathan about how that Keith/Jules marriage won't work with that big of a secret.
Yes, Lucas had good intentions however Keith was going to commit his life to this woman, he had the right to know the truth about everything regardless of how Jules truly fell in love with him.
Dan definitely loved that, lol

Jules wasn't really correct though, she was just clearly just to make excuses for her actions by acting like Karen wasn't any better. If even she was right, Jules is the last person in the world that should be calling out Karen for that.

Keith definitely had every right to be made at Lucas, that's for sure.

Quote:
Karen/Andy I love them but even I was shocked when Karen told Andy she loved him... I actually forgot she said it back since I feel she's still caught up with Keith... forgot if she meant the words or not but I just feel bad for Andy. He's falling for Karen so much but she's still very much more tied to Keith ... more than she's ever been in the past.
Think even Andy was at first, lol. Not sure that it's romantic though tbh

Quote:
Anna - I loved her scenes! These were probably my favorite scenes of the series for her when she talked about who she is... and how Peyton told Anna that although Felix spray painted Dyke on her locker, he really felt those terrible feelings towards Anna. That was a sad reality for Anna to face. I felt so bad for Anna when she finally told Felix the truth about who she was and she asked him if he could have his back and he just walked away. I felt that pain she felt in that moment. The acting and everything was incredible there. Huge moment for Anna.
Brooke breaking up with Felix was great but I felt she wanted to do it anyway since before that break up, she talked to Lucas about how independent she's starting to feel even though Felix has been supportive. So, I felt Brooke was looking for a reason to break up with Felix and then she found out about what he did and that made things easier because come on Brooke, you always knew deep down the person Felix was from Day 1.
Anna's scenes in her last two episodes were great, makes me sad that the show got rid of her when she was becoming more enjoyable on screen imo.

I agree that she was becoming more independent, but I don't think she was looking for a reason to end their relationship before she found out the truth about the locker. It's sad that Felix is still one of her better boyfriends, says a lot about how awful the show handled her love life at times.

Quote:
The beginning of Brooke living with Karen and Lucas. This will be so much fun! I loved when Karen gave Brooke the ground rules and how happy Brooke was to have something close to a mother.
That was pretty great to see

Quote:
Nathan/Haley - I was surprised when I saw Haley and Nathan speaking on the phone. I forgot that scene even happened but as it went on I remembered... when Haley told Nathan to watch her on tv... all the memories came back.
I like the balance of Nathan's pain and love. He can never truly hate Haley even if he wanted to. She's just the love of his life... a love he probably never thought he'd feel for anyone.
Now when it comes to these scenes for both episodes I am team Nathan and Haley because we got to see it from both of their perspectives.
Starting with Haley... Haley wants the music and her husband and she wants that support that she doesn't feel she's receiving from him. Even when she was asked to remove her wedding ring she didn't want to do that. When she went on the interview she made sure to add the "Scott" to her name! She wanted the world to know that she's "Haley James-Scott" and then when Nathan came to visit her she was about to perform and just needed to have a long talk with Nathan so she wanted him to wait and of course that didn't happen....
Same here, lol
Was kinda nice to see both sides of it,

Quote:
For Nathan, he feels her main motivation for leaving is Chris because he found out that the relationship with Haley/Chris was more personal than business seeing as how kisses happened. He calls her and it seems she doesn't get it. He sees her on tv and Chris implies there is more to their musical relationship... which makes Nathan feel like dirt. He just feels he's getting played.
He goes to visit Haley and it seems she could care less about him being there and it's just Chris and her music.
I get that, but he also didn't give her much of a chance in this episode because he bailed before they had an chance to have a proper conversation. Tbf, I don't think you can really put a lot of blame on Haley for Chris lying to implying something that wasn't there, especially since that clearly pissed her off (even Stevie Wonder could have you told you that, lol)

Quote:
Me as the viewer watching this... more in particular 2x17, I'd say Haley reaction to seeing Nathan was a bit odd to me.. she didn't come across happy or anything, she came off as a celebrity who had Nathan behind her. lol I felt more energy from her when she hugged Nathan goodbye but I can see how Nathan could sense it as her not really wanting to be with him anymore because of the vibe Haley was giving.
Never got the vibe that she thought that Nathan was behind her at all, I think she just didn't expect to see him there at all It seemed to me that Nathan didn't really want for Haley to explain what she did what she did as much as he claimed.

Quote:
The N/H flashbacks were beautiful. I forgot about it so I loved it!
They really were, which was nice
Old 09-10-2020, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I finished watching episodes 2x18 - 2x20, just had no time to comment on them....
Old 09-11-2020, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I finished watching episodes 2x18 - 2x20, just had no time to comment on them....
Interested to hear your thoughts of them
Old 09-11-2020, 10:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

2x19

it was great seeing Uncle Cooper in this episode

the first time I saw this episode, I didn't realize James real brother was in this episode

loved the scene with Brooke, Peyton, Karen and Deb dancing together

i like the Mouth and Brooke friendship, he pretended to be drunk to hang out

Nathan was really reckless in the last scene and not stopping the car:

I did like the song choice they had he for the scene

2x20

this was a weird episode seeing Lucas and Nathan switch places and seeing the Lucas as a bully

I love seeing scenes the Brooke/Nathan scenes

the Naley scene at the end