Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2020, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

One Tree Hill Season 4 Rewatch Thread #3: Episodes 17 and 18 - September 27 to October 18

One Tree Hill Rewatch

Season 1

Episodes:
1. Pilot
2. The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most
3. Are You True?
4. Crash Into You
5. All That You Can't Leave Behind
6. Every Night Is Another Story
7. Life in a Glass House
8. The Search for Something More
9. With Arms Outstretched
10. You Gotta Go There to Come Back
11. The Living Years
12. Crash Course in Polite Conversations
13. Hanging by a Moment
14. I Shall Believe
15. Suddenly Everything Has Changed
16. The First Cut Is the Deepest
17. Spirit in the Night
18. To Wish Impossible Things
19. How Can You Be Sure?
20. What Is and What Should Never Be
21. The Leaving Song
22. The Games That Play Us

Season 2

Episodes:
1. The Desperate Kingdom of Love
2. Truth Doesn't Make a Noise
3. Near Wild Heaven
4. You Can't Always Get What You Want
5. I Will Dare
6. We Might as Well Be Strangers
7. Let the Reigns Go Loose
8. Truth, Bitter Truth
9. The Trick Is to Keep Breathing
10. Don't Take Me for Granted
11. The Heart Brings You Back
12. Between Order and Randomness
13. The Hero Dies in This One
14. The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows
15. Unopened Letter to the World
16. Somewhere a Clock Is Ticking
17. Something I Can Never Have
18. The Lonesome Road
19. I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning
20. Lifetime Piling Up
21. What Could Have Been
22. The Tide That Left and Never Came Back
23. The Leavers Dance

Season 3

1. Like You Like an Arsonist
2. From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea
3. First Day on a Brand New Planet
4. An Attempt to Tip the Scales
5. A Multitude of Casualties
6. Locked Hearts & Hand Grenades
7. Champagne for My Real Friends, Real Pain for My Sham Friends
8. The Worst Day Since Yesterday
9. How a Resurrection Really Feels
10. Brave New World
11. Return of the Future
12. I've Got Dreams to Remember
13. The Wind That Blew My Heart Away
14. All Tomorrow's Parties
15. Just Watch the Fireworks
16. With Tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired Souls, We Slept
17. Who Will Survive, and What Will Be Left of Them
18. When It Isn't Like It Should Be
19. I Slept with Someone in Fall Out Boy and All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me
20. Everyday Is a Sunday Evening
21. Over the Hills and Far Away
22. The Show Must Go On

Season 4

1. The Same Deep Water as You
2. Things I Forgot at Birth
3. Good News for People Who Love Bad News
4. Can't Stop This Thing We've Started
5. Love You But I've Chosen Darkness
6. Where Did You Sleep Last Night?
7. All These Things That I've Done
8. Nothing Left to Say But Goodbye
9. Some You Give Away
10. Songs to Love and Die By
11. Everything in Its Right Place
12. Resolve
13. Pictures of You
14. Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers
15. Prom Night at Hater High
16. You Call It Madness, But I Call It Love

17. It Gets the Worst at Night
18. The Runaway Found
19. Ashes of Dreams You Let Die
20. The Birth and Death of the Day
21. All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone

Rules:
Post in the thread to say you have watched it and if you want too, you can post some thoughts about the episode too.
Even if we have moved onto a new episode, you can post your thoughts about the previous episode/s

When:
One episode per week, watch whenever you can

Participants:
stlavin95
Sweetgirl465

Previous Threads:

Last edited by stlavin95; 09-26-2021 at 07:20 PM
Old 08-17-2020, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Tftnt.
Old 08-17-2020, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No problem
Old 08-17-2020, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thank God Lucas and Karen made up!

I literally sprayed my coke everywhere as I watched the below scene. Hilarie/Peyton is outstanding:

Quote:
ANNA: Hi. I have to tell you something.

PEYTON: Alright, tell me on the way to class, I’m running late. (Takes Anna’s arm and steers her down the corridor.)

ANNA: It’s gonna upset you.

PEYTON: Well, that seems to be the trend this week. Are you leaving town or here to steal a baby?
It's how Hilarie delivers the line with the Brooke and Nikki mention.

The Naley flashbacks are so sad. I am reminded of liking Naley when I get so sad watching them happy and together.

I love how Brooke dumped Felix. YES! Good riddance. You are too good for that trash, Brooke!

I love Anna. What a wonderful character. I wish we would have seen more of her.

Karen is a sweetheart allowing Brooke to stay with her. Brooke was cute hugging her and being so appreciative.

I do feel so sorry for Jake and of course, Peyton. This cannot end well in the least. In America, the mother has all the rights in these situations and Nikki can absolutely nail Jake for running away and not showing up at the hearing. This is so sad. However... I feel like Jake should have tried working something out with Nikki. Nikki's not a drug dealer, prostitute, or alcoholic. She's a manipulative witch but I don't understand necessarily why Jake's so determined to keep her away? She obviously was decent enough for Jake to sleep with. She then freaked out about the pregnancy and birth of her daughter... but quite frankly, many teen mothers do! She freaked and left which sucks but like I said, it's somewhat common. Then she came back and wanted her daughter after she gained perspective. I am not precisely sure the writing has convinced us she's an unfit mother just based on that evidence. We know she's not exactly a morally sound person. But I just fail to see how she's super, super bad? I don't know, I might be missing something. They could share joint custody, Jake wouldn't have to worry about prison time or not seeing Jenny, the court might side with the mother but they'd see how great of a father he was all the same and he'd receive joint custody. His refusal to work out any deal and the running really messed things up.

I literally had tears in my eyes when Haley told Nathan she needed time to figure things out and wasn't sure if she could be who he wanted her to be... it was so confusing because she's telling him she loves him and is glad to see him but her words are so confusing and you could see the pain all over Nathan's face. Then when Haley got done playing and Nathan wasn't there... oh man. I wish Nathan would have stayed for at least that talk. Man, how horribly frustrating. I really love Naley. That is what I get out of season 2 Naley more than anything. I love these two together which is why I am so sad over what is being shown on the screen this season.

Dan/Keith: Dan is horrible but Keith did sleep with Deb. Look, I love Keith but it is true. That said, Keith didn't deserve what Dan did to him. I just wish Keith wouldn't have poked the bear by sleeping with Deb.

Last edited by jediwands; 08-17-2020 at 08:51 PM
Old 08-17-2020, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Glad you have watched 2x17 already
Old 08-17-2020, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I watched in between intermissions of one hockey game.

About 1/4th of the way into 2.18.
Old 08-17-2020, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Of course
Old 08-17-2020, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Haha.
Old 08-17-2020, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Will watch tonight
Old 08-17-2020, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Okay!

Okay, Brooke already screws up with Karen, getting drunk, spending her advanced work money. She makes up for it in the end, though.

When Nathan took Taylor upstairs with the intention of having sex with her... that was horrible. He pulled back and said he couldn't go through with it and we know Taylor wouldn't have allowed it but still... he almost did.

I love Taylor's words to Nathan when they were saying goodbye. She even makes me feel empowered. lol

Awe, I love the Anna/Luke friendship. I love that Anna told her parents about her sexuality. Anna is such an outstanding character. I wish she wasn't leaving.

Wow, why would Nathan delete Haley's voicemail message? He drives all that way and doesn't even wait until she's done performing, and then she calls and leaves what appears to be a very important voicemail and he deletes it before listening? I don't get it.

What a twist that Whitey has Jenny. Jake doesn't have to be in prison, though. This storyline is truly a mess.

Dan and Lucas and the Sherlock Holmes stuff was interesting. Lucas seems to be in over his head, though. Dan is smart as a whip and is going to figure things out.

Okay, I have to say it... Peyton and Jake are so forced. It's so obvious how Mark has changed up the story for the network.

I will never believe Peyton loves Jake either, even if she says it. Here's why:

Jake and Peyton spent very little time together. Hardly spent any time together last season. Oh that's right, because Peyton was totally in love with Lucas! Yet now supposedly been pining away for Jake, and suddenly loves him? This is Peyton freaken Sawyer! She doesn't give her heart out easily. Does she care a lot for Jake? Definitely. But in love, especially since she was IN LOVE with Luke two seconds ago? Never!

On top of it all... just recently Peyton and Jake had sex. That quickly. Peyton was telling Nathan that she didn't believe it was going to work out with Jake for obvious reasons (hello, Lucas), and then in the time capsule about not wanting to give her heart away... but yet she jumped in bed with Jake. So now she's in love with Jake since she had sex with him and talked to him extensively about Jenny. Okay, lol. Also... she had a difficult time getting the words out. It should never be that hard to say, "I love you." She wanted to easily say it to Lucas when he was sick in season 1.

Sorry, it is so obvious why it's forced. Thanks, network.

Last edited by jediwands; 08-18-2020 at 09:43 PM
Old 08-17-2020, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Will reply when I've watched the episodes as well
Old 08-18-2020, 02:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Thank God Lucas and Karen made up!
Same here

Quote:
I literally sprayed my coke everywhere as I watched the below scene. Hilarie/Peyton is outstanding:
Love the way that Hil delivered the line too

Quote:
The Naley flashbacks are so sad. I am reminded of liking Naley when I get so sad watching them happy and together.
Same here

Quote:
I love how Brooke dumped Felix. YES! Good riddance. You are too good for that trash, Brooke!
She is, but it's pretty sad that he treats her better than most of her old boyfriends.

Quote:
I love Anna. What a wonderful character. I wish we would have seen more of her.
She really was

Quote:
Karen is a sweetheart allowing Brooke to stay with her. Brooke was cute hugging her and being so appreciative.
Loved that too

Quote:
I do feel so sorry for Jake and of course, Peyton. This cannot end well in the least. In America, the mother has all the rights in these situations and Nikki can absolutely nail Jake for running away and not showing up at the hearing. This is so sad. However... I feel like Jake should have tried working something out with Nikki. Nikki's not a drug dealer, prostitute, or alcoholic. She's a manipulative witch but I don't understand necessarily why Jake's so determined to keep her away? She obviously was decent enough for Jake to sleep with. She then freaked out about the pregnancy and birth of her daughter... but quite frankly, many teen mothers do! She freaked and left which sucks but like I said, it's somewhat common. Then she came back and wanted her daughter after she gained perspective. I am not precisely sure the writing has convinced us she's an unfit mother just based on that evidence. We know she's not exactly a morally sound person. But I just fail to see how she's super, super bad? I don't know, I might be missing something. They could share joint custody, Jake wouldn't have to worry about prison time or not seeing Jenny, the court might side with the mother but they'd see how great of a father he was all the same and he'd receive joint custody. His refusal to work out any deal and the running really messed things up.
Jake refusing to see let Nikki see Jenny in any capacity and then running away from Tree Hill definitely made things a lot worse they should have. Do think the whole drama ages a bit poorly though since the show doesn't really acknowledge Jake's actions aren't helping Jenny either. Hate that Peyton is the middle of all of this as well.

Quote:
I literally had tears in my eyes when Haley told Nathan she needed time to figure things out and wasn't sure if she could be who he wanted her to be... it was so confusing because she's telling him she loves him and is glad to see him but her words are so confusing and you could see the pain all over Nathan's face. Then when Haley got done playing and Nathan wasn't there... oh man. I wish Nathan would have stayed for at least that talk. Man, how horribly frustrating. I really love Naley. That is what I get out of season 2 Naley more than anything. I love these two together which is why I am so sad over what is being shown on the screen this season.
Same here, really wish Nathan didn't run off either.

Quote:
Dan/Keith: Dan is horrible but Keith did sleep with Deb. Look, I love Keith but it is true. That said, Keith didn't deserve what Dan did to him. I just wish Keith wouldn't have poked the bear by sleeping with Deb.
Same, really hated that Keith die that too.
Old 08-18-2020, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Okay, Brooke already screws up with Karen, getting drunk, spending her advanced work money. She makes up for it in the end, though.
Liked the fact that Brooke did too.

Quote:
When Nathan took Taylor upstairs with the intention of having sex with her... that was horrible. He pulled back and said he couldn't go through with it and we know Taylor wouldn't have allowed it but still... he almost did.
It really was, definitely would have been an awful thing for him to do lol.

Quote:
I love Taylor's words to Nathan when they were saying goodbye. She even makes me feel empowered. lol
Same here, lol

Quote:
Awe, I love the Anna/Luke friendship. I love that Anna told her parents about her sexuality. Anna is such an outstanding character. I wish she wasn't leaving.
Same here, the show really needed to keep her around imo.

Quote:
Wow, why would Nathan delete Haley's voicemail message? He drives all that way and doesn't even wait until she's done performing, and then she calls and leaves what appears to be a very important voicemail and he deletes it before listening? I don't get it.
No doubt, that didn't make sense to me either.

Quote:
What a twist that Whitey has Jenny. Jake doesn't have to be in prison, though. This storyline is truly a mess.
It seriously is

Quote:
Dan and Lucas and the Sherlock Holmes stuff was interesting. Lucas seems to be in over his head, though. Dan is smart as a whip and is going to figure things out.
I hate it, lol

Quote:
Okay, I have to say it... Peyton and Jake are so forced. It's so obvious how Mark has changed up the story for the network.

I will never believe Peyton loves Jake either, even if she says it. Here's why:

Jake and Peyton spent very little time together. hardly spent any time together last season. Oh that's right, because Peyton was totally in love with Lucas! Yet now supposedly been pining away for Jake, and suddenly loves him? This is Peyton freaken Sawyer! She doesn't give her heart out easily. Does she care a lot for Jake? Definitely. But in love, especially since she was IN LOVE with Luke two seconds ago? Never!

On top of it all... just recently Peyton and Jake had sex. That quickly. Peyton was telling Nathan that she didn't believe it was going to work out with Jake for obvious reasons (hello, Lucas), and then in the time capsule about not wanting to give her heart away... but yet she jumped in bed with Jake. So now she's in love with Jake since she had sex with him and talked to him extensively about Jenny. Okay, lol. Also... she had a difficult time getting the words out. It should never be that hard to say, "I love you." She wanted to easily say it to Lucas when he was sick in season 1.

Sorry, it is so obvious why it's forced. Thanks, network.
Agreed Peyton feeling that way about Jake makes no sense to whatsoever.

Last edited by stlavin95; 08-18-2020 at 04:39 AM
Old 08-18-2020, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OTH 2.17 Thoughts

Rooting for Nikki here, lol. She's got a point there Jake hahah

Don't really remember the red door thing being mentioned before, lol

Glad to see Lucas and Karen have made up. Guess Keith has found out about the deal, man that was poor timing.

Looks like Anna found out about the truth about Felix spraying Peyton's locker. You would think he would have been smarter about that, lol. He's such a douche though

Kinda got a point there Keith, as much as I hate to agree with Dan. Keith sleeping with Deb was pretty low. That window gets broken a lot in the next few episodes, lol

The whole Brooke leaving thing is pretty lame though, since she is clearly not going to leave.

That conversation with Anna Funny that Peyton gets more enjoyable on screen when she isn't with Jake.

That is a pretty cute NH flashback, lol. Still wish they didn't get married though

God, I hate the show trying to force BL romantically. Do like Lucas/Anna's friendship though

Peyton being a bad influence

I'm actually enjoying Nikki this time, especially since the show is trying way too hard to make it seem like Jake isn't being a bad parent to Nikki too. Damn, low blow there Nikki though

Jake is ruining Peyton's screentime again

Wonder how long it took for Nathan to drive there? Another cute NH flashback moment

Anna's definitely right there Felix

Brooke Guess she doesn't know about Felix

Very glad to see Lucas and Karen talking again. I do agree he should have told Keith, but he also shouldn't have been put in that positition to begin with.

Man, that scene was the cutest so far.

You say you do Jake, but your actions tell a different story.

Man, Keith is really hurt by everything. You can tell that the show wasn't really planning on going Karen/Keith route again in S2.

There's more to life than guys and their kids Peyton Hate how the show made her act like this way though.

Guess Brooke knows the truth now. Says a lot about how badly the show handled her love life when he is still one of her better boyfriends.

Dan is going to figure out what Lucas is planning sooner or later. Really wish the show handled their whole arc differently though

Man, the writers are really trying to break our NH's hearts in this episode. Honestly think the writers didn't think it through at all.

Haley definitely didn't expect to see Nathan there at all. The whole tour storyline is ridiculous though. I do get Haley's confusion though, but the show didn't try at all to give her a point of view (makes you wonder if something happened between Mark and Joy for her to Haley to get written this way).

Still think Felix would have been better received if Michael wasn't such a talentless actor. Did enjoy Daniella's acting in this scene though. Felix needed to hear everything she said as well.

Don't act like you care about her and Felix Lucas, lol.

That's actually a nice scene between BL, gotta give them credit for something. Just wish it was a completely platonic moment though.

Still wished they just let Peyton and Jake remain friends, would have been a lot better that way.

Nathan should have waited for Haley there.

Always loved Karen/Brooke scene, their relationship was amazing.

I wonder if the show was planning to kill off Keith at this point? Really disappointed with how the show has handled his relaitonships with Lucas and Nathan (especially after the first few episodes).

Hate the Lucas taking down Dan arc so much.

Okay episode, nothing really special about it though imo.

OTH 2.18 Thoughts

Like seeing Taylor again, Lindsay makes her really enjoyable to watch.

Jake doesn't really see the irony in that, lol. Do like the little LP scene though

This whole storyline is awful

Guess Andy is in on this as well.

Sad to think that this is Anna's last episode, have been really enjoying her in the last few episodes.

Jake really doesn't get that him running away makde things so much worse. Still think Peyton this is the last thing she should be dealing with right now

Wonder how long Nathan has had that fake ID?

Nikki is kinda in the right in this particular situation. It really sucks that Jake is making her accessory to his crimes and imo that's way worse than any situation that Lucas ever put.

Guess Lucas met Darby, lol. Her and Anna are kinda cute as well

Weird to see Bevin again, lol. She's kinda a bad influence here though

Jake Nikki actually did seem pretty convicing there though, lol. Could have been an interesting storyline if the show actually went there.

James and Lindsay play off each other well really imo. Really loved thay scene for obvious reasons and it was nice to see Nathan having some fun.

Brooke is drunk, lol She really isn't getting used to actually having a mum

You would think Lucas should have at least used gloves, lol. Andy is definitely experienced in this area and he is right about Dan too

Brooke doesn't know what grounded means hahah. Damn, Karen lol

Bonnie and Clyde It's pretty sadly how little LP are together this season though

That was a nice scene between Jake and Whitey. Think he is holding too hard onto that memory though and I think he is making it more about himself than Jenny imo.

Would have actually liked to have seen more of Darby, she's a pretty decent character imo.

Regardless of what Haley did to you Nate, actually intending to sleep with her sister is still pretty ****ed up way to get back at her.

That's not really subtle, lol

BL really had potential to be a great friendship, sucks the show wasted that to waste force their relationship instead

Thought Daniella did a great job in that scene

Poor Peyton Hil is doing her best, but I really hate this arc for her. The show is making her way too dependent for Jake, which isn't a good thing at all and the show romantizing that ages poorly imo.

Really hate that we won't see Taylor again until S7.

Hate the fact that Anna is leaving Her and Lucas had the potential to have an amazing friendship imo.

Nice to see Brooke actually working at the cafe.

Dan definitely expects something, lol

The show could have easily brought back Anna back in the later seasons.

Nice little trick there, Jake.

Great to see that Brooke didn't go to that party.

Can't really see how Peyton can be in love with Jake, she was in love with Lucas last season and their scenes have lacked the depth to make it seem like that had being building up.

Average episode, nothing special about this episode either.
Old 08-18-2020, 04:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

I watched 2x15 and 2x16 on Sunday but forgot to post

2x15

I love the time capulse idea that we got in the epsiode

My fav scenes were Jake/Peyton I just love these together

I really love Brooke in this epsiode

Can Felix leave the show now, he is too annoying

2x16

Again my fav scenes were JP and BL

Oh no poor Nathan saw Haley and Chris acting like a couple, no wonder he came drunk to wedding and cause a scene

Poor Keith it’s sucks his own brother did that him

Brooke got the call that she is leaving Tree Hill at end