Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2020, 01:29 AM
Your Art Matters

3x02
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Peyton and Brooke's friendship continues to be at such a brilliant place. It's so beautiful when they are not at odds.
I love Brooke's wall. lol
Nice to know Larry is in Brooke's hot dad's fantasy. lol
"So I get a fugitive and a married guy."
Aww too bay Peyton didn't want Anna. Anna really was into her.
Loved that whole scene

Quote:
I know this Nathan vs Lucas rivalry is a pity as hell from Nathan's side however, I am okay with it because we are getting Nathan who just isn't good all the time which in a way shows for me how much Haley sort of brought Nathan back....
He was like a Nathan pod, as Brooke mentioned last season. lol
I felt this season they went into it, having a clear idea of who Nathan was suppose to be.
I love that Lucas really values his relationship as brothers with Nathan though! He don't want them to go back to how bad it use to be! Even got beat down in the basketball game to play for their friendship.
Nathan was extremely petty in that scene at the River Court in particular.

Quote:
This intro. The new intro that they didn't show in 3x01! I love it.
Loved the intro

Quote:
I already love Brooke and Haley as roomies. lol
I love for them agreeing to go half on the rent as well. Nice moment.
Quote:
I loved all the scenes with Peyton and Ellie and when you watch their scenes you can see the similarities between their personality so much.
Peyton frustration makes sense as well... and I think that's a person of her frustration that rubbed on Haley's appearance. She dislike anyone who abandons or just leave her if she considered them someone special and she just didn't like what she did.
Loved their scenes, the actors play off each other really well too,
Disagree on the Haley front though, still think Peyton's issue with her feels forced considering how supportive she was last season.

Quote:
Also, I am team Peyton when it comes to her whole argument with Larry...
Larry had lied the whole time and it expects Peyton to just not and accept that?
Nah... Larry can go sit down somewhere even if I liked his explanation as to why he handled things the way he did, however he should've told her the truth... especially in the last 8 years as Peyton said.
Think it's impossible not to be on Peyton's side on this, Larry is clearly in the wrong here.

Quote:
Also again HILARIE FREAKING BURTON. Her acting always owns all! She always brings it and makes me feel her complete emotion.
Hil is amazing, that's for sure

Quote:
However, in saying all of that, I love Lucas and Haley's friendship being brought back in full force... a shame that the only way the writers know how to write Lucas and Haley friendship is when Haley and Nathan aren't together. lol
That was a nice moment when Nathan sort of helped Haley though by throwing that guitar in the fire.
Said the exact same thing in my review, lol

Quote:
Fun Tim scenes in the episode. lol He was trying to help everyone when he thought the police was in town.
I've missed Tim

Quote:
Loved the Dan and Karen scene! They just have amazing chemistry when they are in each scene. The banter and back and forth works! Karen talking about how she's sorry the person who tried to kill him failed. lol Karen knows how to deal with Karen and she does it flawlessly.
They have great banter, that's for sure

Quote:
Peyton was playing the most depressing music. It was nice when it got lifted up to some better music because she was about to put everyone asleep with that. lol
Just a bit, lol

Quote:
Lucas and Peyton as friends work so perfectly for me.
I love that Lucas wants to be the one to be completely honest with her.
They do have a great friendship, but they actually work together well romantically unlike other Lucas relationships

Quote:
Aww my Brathan with that side by side chemistry! URG WRITERS!!!
Would have been so much better than what we are getting now with BL, lol

Quote:
"I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Again."
So happy that that line was in there for Lucas/Haley! Because clearly their friendship really wasn't that present when they were showing Nathan/Haley all the time....
Same here, S2 sucked ass when it came to their friendship for the most part.

Quote:
Uh-oh...
Dan sees through the fire and has a flash of Lucas being there so he believes Lucas is the one who set him in fire... that scene was great and of course Paul acting always is on point especially with that rage.
Interested to see how this plays out in the next episode.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
OTH 3.02 Thoughts

LH being so close again is definitely the major upside of NH's issues, lol

Oh, you are right we thought the same thing here.
Wish the writers knew how to balance it a bit more.
Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 04:28 PM
Your Art Matters

Quote:

Oh, you are right we thought the same thing here.
Wish the writers knew how to balance it a bit more.
Yeah

That would be nice, lol
Old 10-23-2020, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Watching the episodes presently!
Auror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 02:02 AM
Your Art Matters

Great
Old 10-25-2020, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

3x03 - 3x04
Recaps based on my memory from watching these episodes last week. lol

3x03
Lucas and Haley scenes continued to be one of the best things for me about this season, to see their friendship recaptured has just been wonderful to watch. Lucas/Haley is my favorite relationship of the series so I love any scene we get of them.

I loved that one of Lucas wishes was for Kieth and Karen to get married.
Well, Haley was close to dating a musician if she hooked up with Chris Keller.
Also, I am with Haley for liking the first day of school. lol I use to like it as well. lol
Haley was correct in just predicting the opposite of what she believes will happen this year. lol

I hated the women over there teasing Haley. URG! Disgraceful. I loved Haley having fight and telling whatever that girl's name was that she never did anything to her. That scene made me feel so sad for Haley.

I loved Lucas pimping out Brooke's locker. He just keeps coming with the surprises for Brooke.
Nice reveal that Brooke wanted to send so many letters to Lucas when she was away but didn't. So her Summer wasn't as great as she pretended that it was.

I liked the Ellie and Lucas scene and Ellie explaining her side as to why she doesn't want to tell Peyton about her condition. Makes sense.

Loved the Lucas/Peyton scenes! Love their friendship and I liked how she realized that Lucas wouldn't betray her trust and saved Lucas life in the end there from Dan who believed Lucas killed him...

I liked Larry/Karen scenes... I forgot they even shared one after season 1! Unforunately though with the recast their dynamic and chemistry is totally didn't. I was shipping it during season 1, but not so much in season 3 with this version.
Nathan and Karen scene was also a nice surprise.
Karen going up against Dan is always pleasant! I loved how she helped Whitey keep his job.

I loved Nathan and Haley's detention scenes. I think this was some of my favorite scenes of them in the series. I think I prefer Naley when they are dealing with angst since they were so rushed season 1-2, this is a nice step back and rebuilding process that I enjoy watching. They clearly still love each other but I can definitely see why Nathan wouldn't even trust brining Haley back in his heart just for she can break it again... I think that's his thinking process. I also liked Whitey helping with getting Haley in detention the first time for she can be alone with Nathan! Nicely done.
I did like Nathan telling Haley that he doesn't want the annulment because that would be as if their marriage never existed so he wanted to get a divorce instead. It was painful for Haley but I agreed with it... Six months to see what happens...
That was nice of Nathan to walk with Haley in the school at the end of the episode.

3x04
I enjoy this episode... my favorite scene I always re-watch in this episode is the Mouth and Peyton dance scene! Loved it so much and I enjoyed the scene with Lucas/Haley in the beginning of the episode with Lucas's Halloween's fitting... and you can see how romantically they will never see each other. Lucas just saw it so weird when Haley called his Pirate look hot. lol
Man their scenes are the highlight for this season!

My Brooke/Nathan scene. This is probably one of my favorite of the little bit of scenes that they did share! Man I need more of that! How perfectly and awesome that scene just flowed by. And thanks to Queen B, Nathan made it to the party.

Deb vs Dan was good... although Dan definitely won in the end with the glue to the phone trick.

Nice that Brooke wanted to make Haley's costume and too bad Nathan made her feel so bad. I actually felt bad for Haley during that scene when she realized that she was just making a fool out of herself at this point. I think even Nathan instantly felt bad when Haley left crying...

I loved Peyton's costume! She looked great in it and it sort of defined a bit of how she was feeling right now.
I loved hearing even more of her perspective as to why she didn't want to meet or know Ellie! Especially for her mother's sake. She wanted to know that there was SOMETHING that she got from her adopted mother and I loved how Ellie truly listened to her and even lied to Peyton by telling her she couldn't draw... and that reveal of her drawing was so shocking! I actually forgot about that twist...
So Peyton got so much from Ellie.
Also, happily team Peyton when it comes to Haley. Nicely done Peyton.

The introduction of Rachel was awesome when you realized how much Brooke didn't realize during this episode how much Rachel was going to drive her crazy throughout this season and even the audience didn't realize how many stories she'll be driving this season. lol

I loved all the Karen scenes!
I felt bad for Haley that she had to lie about stealing money out the Karen's Cafe to protect Lucas and Karen reaction was more of being upset but disappointed that if Haley needed money that she couldn't just ask her for it...
Also I loved Karen saying can she get a "woot, woot" Everytime I rewatch that scene, I notice Lucas smiling almost laughing look. lol And calling Fall Out Boy, "Fall Down Boy" lolol She was hilarious. lol

That Haley/Chris kiss was pretty "romantic" and "perfect". Haley's words, not mine. lol
And nice of Nathan to want to bring Chris back to help Haley out in a secret way.

Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 04:25 PM
Your Art Matters

Will reply when I've watched both episodes
Reply   Post New Thread