Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2020, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

One Tree Hill Season 2 Rewatch Thread #2: Episodes 15 & 16 - August 3 to August 17

One Tree Hill Rewatch

Season 1

Episodes:
1. Pilot
2. The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most
3. Are You True?
4. Crash Into You
5. All That You Can't Leave Behind
6. Every Night Is Another Story
7. Life in a Glass House
8. The Search for Something More
9. With Arms Outstretched
10. You Gotta Go There to Come Back
11. The Living Years
12. Crash Course in Polite Conversations
13. Hanging by a Moment
14. I Shall Believe
15. Suddenly Everything Has Changed
16. The First Cut Is the Deepest
17. Spirit in the Night
18. To Wish Impossible Things
19. How Can You Be Sure?
20. What Is and What Should Never Be
21. The Leaving Song
22. The Games That Play Us

Season 2

Episodes:
1. The Desperate Kingdom of Love
2. Truth Doesn't Make a Noise
3. Near Wild Heaven
4. You Can't Always Get What You Want
5. I Will Dare
6. We Might as Well Be Strangers
7. Let the Reigns Go Loose
8. Truth, Bitter Truth
9. The Trick Is to Keep Breathing
10. Don't Take Me for Granted
11. The Heart Brings You Back
12. Between Order and Randomness
13. The Hero Dies in This One
14. The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows
15. Unopened Letter to the World
16. Somewhere a Clock Is Ticking
17. Something I Can Never Have
18. The Lonesome Road
19. I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning
20. Lifetime Piling Up
21. What Could Have Been
22. The Tide That Left and Never Came Back
23. The Leavers Dance

Rules:
Post in the thread to say you have watched it and if you want too, you can post some thoughts about the episode too.
Even if we have moved onto a new episode, you can post your thoughts about the previous episode/s

When:
One episode per week, watch whenever you can

Participants:
stlavin95
eternalfate
Quin0611
Sweetgirl465
Auror

Previous Threads:

Last edited by stlavin95; 08-03-2020 at 04:53 AM
Old 01-25-2020, 07:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

1x12

Not a fan of the episode

Brooke and Lucas helping Peyton with the car, I really like their whole friendship

Nathan's grandparents coming to visit for Dan's birthday and the whole dinner scene was intense
Old 01-26-2020, 01:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Figured you wouldn't like it for LP related reasons

It was

Sure was, wish we got to see more of them though
Old 01-29-2020, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

1x12

I really do love seeing Larry Sawyer, it was so great seeing him during season 1. And I agree with no one using the door bell anymore. lol Probably the Sawyer residence should think of locking the doors?

It was nice seeing Peyton, Brooke and Lucas be a trio of friends for once and it looks like a genuine friendship. That was sweet of Peyton to want to fix a car for her dad since he was returning home.

The introduction of Dan and Kieth parents... and I don't get why we didn't see them more after this episode.
First impression of Royal was that he's instantly worst than Dan. lol At least Dan has a sense of humor while being a jerk. Royal is just straight up bitter and mean. You can see that Dan picked up the bad side from his father and thankfully Kieth picked up on the good side from his mother. And I don't see that Royal's wife sees in him...

Another emotional episode for Peyton who believes her dad died because of his transport being missing and a body being recovered. Seems she always has a tough episode.

I could understand why Nathan and everyone didn't want to tell Royal that he quit the team. I loved Nathan being through with Royal and talking against him and Deb revealing the truth about Dan pressuring Nathan too much about basketball.
And Dan's mother was so hurt to find out that Dan was pressuring Nathan in the same way that Royal pressured him when he was younger and we find a surprising revelation that Dan injury wasn't the reason he left basketball, he just quit because he didn't want to play anymore. So basically he did the same thing Nathan did! So it makes it even more stunning that Dan would pressure Nathan when he remember how bad it was for him growing up.

Times like this is when I like the Nathan and Haley scenes because the scenes are just normal and just supportive to one another.

Nathan being upset with Dan after the truth reveal is understandable! Dan has literally become his father even if in the past he was more like Nathan... so everything Nathan is going through, he knows the feeling. I did like hearing his explanation though...

"After awhile I was realized I wasn't playing for him at all. The game meant the world to me. I just never took the time to stand back and realize that. So, I tried to get back into it, rehab, running, weights. It was too late, my knee never responded."

"I know I push you, I know I'm hard on you. But I'm trying to save you from life of regret and trust me you don't want it.
It's astonishing how those quotes foreshadowed what Nathan future was going to be like. I have to jump into the future because I totally forgot about both lines! The first one is defining because we saw how much Nathan really loved the sport! he grows to truly understand how much he loves basketball and in on moment (season 5) when it gets strips from him because of a fight, he grows upset and bitter growing a great amount of facial hair. So he does have that guilt and anger from not being able to play the sport he loves. But that's the future.

Lucas and Peyton bond together over chance that Larry might have died so Peyton opens up to Peyton about more of her past and how it was growing up with her father. However good news occur when they have to identify a body and it's not Larry! The embrace and inform Brooke of the news and she's happy and awaiting for Lucas arrival that will happen later.

It was shocking to see Royal apologize to Nathan since he really just seemed stuck in his way.
And since I was watching this at work (work station down right now) I wonder why Royal visited Karen earlier in the episode, wait or tried to... since she wasn't there, did we find out why?

Nathan decides to go back to basketball and do opposite from what his father (Dan) did all those years ago... he believes he has to beat Dan to be better than he was.

Peyton crying on Lucas and that leads to kissing between them. What a joke... Only thing great about that scene was the music, "Maybe Tomorrow" playing in the background! For a shocker it's Lucas to stop the kissing when he sees the necklace that Brooke brought! So we get that division where it seems that Lucas might have truly fallen for Brooke even if he has unresolved feelings for Peyton. In that scene anyway.

The Scott breakfast was fun. lol
And of course Royal over there saying compliments to Kieth and I am happy Kieth didn't buy it at all. lol Royal was just upset with Dan.

I loved that quilt from Dan.
Dan and Deb marriage continues falling apart and although Deb blames Dan for pretty much lying during their whole relationship, she eventually blames herself as well since she realized that she was doing it as well.

Peyton and Lucas know that kiss meant many things and possibly changed things but for now they will pretend that it didn't.

This episode makes me upset re-watching it because this should've been the start of growth for Dan's character in a way. I have an issue we don't see Kieth and Dan parents again... don't get it.
Peyton/Lucas... don't care. Brooke deserves better than getting lead on.
Peyton and Brooke walking side by side after what happened.
Sweet little exchange look between Haley and Nathan. Aww.
Old 01-30-2020, 01:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Will reply to that tomorrow, can't be bothered too right now
Old 02-01-2020, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Disappointed with how they used him after S1
What Larry did you prefer?

Same here, he definitely loved the sport regardless of being forced too.

Rewatching their scenes makes me wish they only kept them as friends, since I don't think they worked romantically at all.

Same here, they really needed. I honestly don't think they would have even got married if it wasn't for Nathan tbh

Same here, Lucas shouldn't have been giving her those mixed signals.

You can tell Whitey didn't want to see Nathan quit the team.

I liked both Larry's but I think Thomas Ian Griffth had more of the humor side that I loved in Larry. And I even loved the Larry and Karen's chemistry since I wasn't really a fan of Kieth/Karen romantically during this season.... I do like it more when I re-watch but I am always down for those fun pairings that are not suppose to be that big.

I did love Larry during season 3 though. lol Especially how protectiveness over Pete the musician. So I like both of them. Larry from season 1 for the humor side and Larry from season 3 for more of serious dad.

Sometimes you have to leave the sport to know that!

We disagree there. lol Jake/Peyton romance was perfect for me.

Yep, Dan/Deb clearly only got married because of the pregnancy... so that's what most of their marriage has been about.

Lucas just made matters so much worst.

Whitey had to keep that perfect supportive image so he couldn't voice his sadness.
Old 02-01-2020, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

I liked both Larry's but I think Thomas Ian Griffth had more of the humor side that I loved in Larry. And I even loved the Larry and Karen's chemistry since I wasn't really a fan of Kieth/Karen romantically during this season.... I do like it more when I re-watch but I am always down for those fun pairings that are not suppose to be that big.

I did love Larry during season 3 though. lol Especially how protectiveness over Pete the musician. So I like both of them. Larry from season 1 for the humor side and Larry from season 3 for more of serious dad.

Sometimes you have to leave the sport to know that!

We disagree there. lol Jake/Peyton romance was perfect for me.

Yep, Dan/Deb clearly only got married because of the pregnancy... so that's what most of their marriage has been about.

Lucas just made matters so much worst.

Whitey had to keep that perfect supportive image so he couldn't voice his sadness.
Yeah, both of the Larrys worked for different reasons

You do

Can't see it lol, especially since their relationship was basically Jenny and Peyton's need for a family

It sure was

He did

No he couldn't
Old 02-07-2020, 03:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

1x12

Quote:
I really do love seeing Larry Sawyer, it was so great seeing him during season 1. And I agree with no one using the doorbell anymore. lol Probably the Sawyer residence should think of locking the doors?
Loved seeing Larry too and that wouldn’t be that the worst idea, lol.

Quote:
It was nice seeing Peyton, Brooke and Lucas be a trio of friends for once and it looks like a genuine friendship. That was sweet of Peyton to want to fix a car for her dad since he was returning home.
It sure was, they definitely could have been an interesting friendship trio. Loved that she did that too.

Quote:
The introduction of Dan and Keith parents... and I don't get why we didn't see them more after this episode.
First impression of Royal was that he's instantly worst than Dan. lol At least Dan has a sense of humor while being a jerk. Royal is just straight up bitter and mean. You can see that Dan picked up the bad side from his father and thankfully Keith picked up on the good side from his mother. And I don't see that Royal's wife sees in him...
Me neither, it’s a massive missed opportunity. Not sure I would go that far, considering the way Dan treated Lucas up to that point.

Quote:
Another emotional episode for Peyton who believes her dad died because of his transport being missing and a body being recovered. Seems she always has a tough episode.
It sure was

Quote:
I could understand why Nathan and everyone didn't want to tell Royal that he quit the team. I loved Nathan being through with Royal and talking against him and Deb revealing the truth about Dan pressuring Nathan too much about basketball.
And Dan's mother was so hurt to find out that Dan was pressuring Nathan in the same way that Royal pressured him when he was younger and we find a surprising revelation that Dan injury wasn't the reason he left basketball, he just quit because he didn't want to play anymore. So basically he did the same thing Nathan did! So it makes it even more stunning that Dan would pressure Nathan when he remember how bad it was for him growing up.
Same here, I loved that Nathan told him after a while though. Makes Dan look a lot worse imo.

Quote:
Times like this is when I like the Nathan and Haley scenes because the scenes are just normal and just supportive to one another.
I liked their scenes in this episode.

Quote:
Nathan being upset with Dan after the truth reveal is understandable! Dan has literally become his father even if in the past he was more like Nathan... so everything Nathan is going through, he knows the feeling. I did like hearing his explanation though...
"After awhile I was realized I wasn't playing for him at all. The game meant the world to me. I just never took the time to stand back and realize that. So, I tried to get back into it, rehab, running, weights. It was too late, my knee never responded."

"I know I push you, I know I'm hard on you. But I'm trying to save you from life of regret and trust me you don't want it.
It made sense and I can see why Dan wouldn’t want Nathan to make that same mistake, if he didn’t go about it in the right way.

Quote:
It's astonishing how those quotes foreshadowed what Nathan future was going to be like. I have to jump into the future because I totally forgot about both lines! The first one is defining because we saw how much Nathan really loved the sport! he grows to truly understand how much he loves basketball and in on moment (season 5) when it gets strips from him because of a fight, he grows upset and bitter growing a great amount of facial hair. So he does have that guilt and anger from not being able to play the sport he loves. But that's the future.
It sure did, but I highly doubt the writers were planning that far ahead though.

Quote:
Lucas and Peyton bond together over chance that Larry might have died so Peyton opens up to Peyton about more of her past and how it was growing up with her father. However good news occur when they have to identify a body and it's not Larry! The embrace and inform Brooke of the news and she's happy and awaiting for Lucas arrival that will happen later.
Always loved seeing LP opening up to one another, especially since we never really saw that with their other relationships.

Quote:
It was shocking to see Royal apologize to Nathan since he really just seemed stuck in his way.
And since I was watching this at work (work station down right now) I wonder why Royal visited Karen earlier in the episode, wait or tried to... since she wasn't there, did we find out why?
It certainly was, didn’t see that coming.
Nope, we never know why Royal was visiting Karen (though I assumed it was to keep tabs on Lucas)

Quote:
Nathan decides to go back to basketball and do opposite from what his father (Dan) did all those years ago... he believes he has to beat Dan to be better than he was.
He certainly did.

Quote:
Peyton crying on Lucas and that leads to kissing between them. What a joke... Only thing great about that scene was the music, "Maybe Tomorrow" playing in the background! For a shocker it's Lucas to stop the kissing when he sees the necklace that Brooke brought! So we get that division where it seems that Lucas might have truly fallen for Brooke even if he has unresolved feelings for Peyton. In that scene anyway.
Don’t like the circumstances it happened in, but the scene itself was pretty hot lol. Think it was pretty clear that didn’t happen in S1 at all lol and there’s a reason why the writers felt the need to rewrite history when it came to BL in S2.

Quote:
The Scott breakfast was fun. lol
And of course Royal over there saying compliments to Keith and I am happy Kieth didn't buy it at all. lol Royal was just upset with Dan.
It sure was
Me too, lol

Quote:
I loved that quilt from Dan.
Dan and Deb marriage continues falling apart and although Deb blames Dan for pretty much lying during their whole relationship, she eventually blames herself as well since she realized that she was doing it as well.
Me too
Yep, they are both to blame.

Quote:
Peyton and Lucas know that kiss meant many things and possibly changed things but for now they will pretend that it didn't.
Pretty much, which didn’t turn out to be a good idea.

Quote:
This episode makes me upset re-watching it because this should've been the start of growth for Dan's character in a way. I have an issue we don't see Kieth and Dan parents again... don't get it.
Peyton/Lucas... don't care. Brooke deserves better than getting lead on.
Peyton and Brooke walking side by side after what happened.
Sweet little exchange look between Haley and Nathan. Aww.
What growth would you have wanted to see with Dan’s character. Definitely wanted to see more of the parents too, especially to see them interact with Lucas.
Old 02-09-2020, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

1x13

That beginning nightmare. I mean the way Haley shot that ball. SMH! What an embarrassment. lol

Peyton you know that wasn't a moment of weakness with Lucas, you've been waiting for that moment for a long time.
Aww Brooke is the happiest person not knowing the 2 people she cares for most screwed her over recently...

I continue to enjoy the therapy sessions with Dan and Deb! I really forgot all about the storyline of them having so many of them. I always seem to agree with Dan in most of these sessions.

That kiss really officially changed everything for Lucas... he literally seems like he doesn't care about Brooke at all anymore.
Peyton is the one with all the guilt and Lucas is the one who doesn't care.
My issue here is even more with Lucas for leading Brooke on a few episodes ago. Brooke was worried about his relationship with Peyton and he lied and talked about how their differences made them special and how he LOVESSS her... if he never said all of that, I would've been more okay with him but he was just trash.

This was probably the start of Lucas character slowly getting destroyed for me. And he use to be my favorite which is sad.

Loved that we still got to see some great Haley and Lucas scenes.
Lucas seemed he was going to open up to Haley but Brooke came in. I wonder if things would've been a little bit better if he was able to talk to Haley about what was going on during this scene.

Haley and Nathan scenes were so cute here. The more deep we get into the season, the more I truly enjoy their scenes. I feel it's going in such a beautiful pace now unlike how it was going earlier in the season. She sure did attempt better shots when he was around. Sweet scene! Just loved everything about it.

I wish we could see flashbacks of when Dan and Deb were in love and smiling. lol
Only going by the description from Deb. lol

Dan meets Carrie....
Reminds me of future Nanny Carrie. lol

I love Peyton for mentioning that she and Lucas are rooten people... well she's not wrong.
Although at least Peyton feels guilt unlike Lucas.
The song "Don't Confess"... ironic.

I love why Brooke wanted to meet Karen... that was a perfect way to delve a little bit into her backstory of how she wasn't close to her own parents.
Although I don't see how Brooke saw she was meant to be with Lucas at. lol Stop it.

Peyton and Haley had a friendship scene here!
Both Peyton and Lucas so desperately wanted to tell Haley about their relationship but couldn't... understandable.

It's great seeing Dan trying to have a special bond with Nathan again... however it's all about Haley for him at the moment.
Dan only loves Nathan... it's always been that way.
He loves Karen as well but terrible way of showing it a lot of the time.

I like that Whitey wanted to know if he was making a difference to any of the players on his team.
Aww him vising his wife grave.
Great that Nathan found that list from Nathan.

Haley made the shot!!! Nice assistance by Nathan.
The Naley scenes in this episodes were truly incredible.

Um... I am a bit on Dan's side when it comes to the Kieth and Dan scenes in this episode...
I love Kieth but I can see why a lot of the time Dan feels betrayed by his brother...

Deb and Kieth bonding that I truly don't care about but nice I guess. lol
I sort of wish we could've gotten more clarification on the Dan, Karen and Kieth drill...
Did Kieth have a thing for Karen BEFORE Dan even got with her? I forgot if it'll be mentioned this season...

Whitey real name is Brian? that's better than Whitey. lol

It's just hilarious that we see Nathan becoming a better person when we watch Lucas becoming a worser one...

Peyton revealing how deep her feelings for Lucas are...
She wouldn't risk her feelings for only a fling when it comes to her best friend.
Uh-oh... Haley sees them kissing and she's not happy.

Carrie straight up willing to happily have an affair with Dan when Dan is trying to be a better person!

I agree with Haley telling Lucas about the person he is becoming... he's becoming a mess!
And I love that we got to see Lucas not really care about Nathan still since on screen we haven't seen Nathan and Lucas truly bond.
So sad to see Lucas and Haley have such an argument over the different directions their lives are leading them.

Aww Dan and Deb were happy once upon a time... and that was definitely a thing in the past....
Dan gotta blame himself though... you can't be inviting another woman into your home.
It's quite astonishing to watch this episode and see how much potential that Dan had to be a better person if he got that great writing...

Aww Whitey "Brian" tells Nathan about his promise he told to Camila!
It was great to see Nathan convince Whitey to not quit. He seems he has nothing else to give cause it doesn't really matter anymore. He felt his life was at a stand still...

This was one of my favorite episodes for Whitey! And Nathan... and Naley. lol Loved all of it with them.

I think I remember this scene! Is this the car crash episode?
Dan on the phone talking to Deb....

Whitey happily looking at his list...
Oh awesome he updated the list to 600 wins I believe?

What a great artist Peyton is.
I liked the Brooke and Peyton scene when Peyton is reassuring that her best friend is her.

YESS!!! NATHAN SAID WHAT I SAID EARLIER!!"
Quote:
Nothing, it’s just, kind of ironic. Lucas, being a jerk. Well cause that used to be my role, right? "
Nathan and Lucas truly switched roles in this episode.
Lucas is the bad one and Nathan is the good one. lol

Haley is that naive to believe that her relationship didn't start with Haley because Nathan was trying to get back at Lucas? Stupidity. lol
Dan trying to be a great person and Deb serve him with the divorce she wants.

Oh that car crash. OH SNAP! That was straight up crazy.
Right after Lucas and Kieth showed their love for each other!!! Man that was crazy.

Dan seeing Lucas hurt like that...
You can see how divided Dan is...

It was intriguing to see Dan have to play the hero for once....

And again it seemed like the writers were going to turn Dan slowly into a decent person even if we know that story will be getting dropped but for not it's interesting to watch.

WOW! That was a huge moment! First time Dan had to refer to himself as Dan's father... that was so good.

No one here to pick up Karen at the airport... and for good reason.
Kieth now worried and concerned since he was drinking before his driving.
Karen sure has a lot to return to...

This was a heck of a great episode.

Old 02-09-2020, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Man, you watched this quickly
Old 02-09-2020, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Man, you watched this quickly
Good timing because it was Sunday and I wanted to do rounds on a lot of boards I don't get to round on during the week because of how tired I be.

Also I think you probably noticed but I literally type as I watch the episode which is why it's always so many words in my post. That's literally the way I prefer to do it for I won't miss anything or don't have to recap everything after I watch.

So I watch and type at the same time and than post everything once the episode ends.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That makes sense
Old 02-09-2020, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That makes sense
Whatever gets the watch thread going!
I would've watched 1x14 if I had the time to!

So, I guess I might watch 1x14 next weekend or something.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
1x12

Loved seeing Larry too and that wouldn’t be that the worst idea, lol.

Same here, I loved that Nathan told him after a while though. Makes Dan look a lot worse imo.

It made sense and I can see why Dan wouldn’t want Nathan to make that same mistake, if he didn’t go about it in the right way.

It sure did, but I highly doubt the writers were planning that far ahead though.

Always loved seeing LP opening up to one another, especially since we never really saw that with their other relationships.

It certainly was, didn’t see that coming.
Nope, we never know why Royal was visiting Karen (though I assumed it was to keep tabs on Lucas)

Yep, they are both to blame.

Pretty much, which didn’t turn out to be a good idea.

What growth would you have wanted to see with Dan’s character. Definitely wanted to see more of the parents too, especially to see them interact with Lucas.
I feel everyone should have a great doorbell with door locked in their homes. lol But that's just me.

It did make Dan look worse since he knew exactly what Nathan was feeling and kept pressuring him anyway. SMH.

This episode made Nathan and Dan seem even more alike to me. lol Not speaking for what we know will ultimately happen but just the stuff Dan was saying and the the backstory.

I doubt the writers were planning that far ahead but it's still an interesting thing to pick up. Sometimes things are a callback as the series progress.

Yes, they got to be opened to each other, it was nice.

Oh so we don't know why Royal was trying to see Karen... interesting.
With Royal... I felt it was so many missing pieces the writers could've/should've delved more into.

They were both to blame even if at times Deb doesn't want to admit that. lol

Well it wasn't a great idea since we know Lucas will just screw things up even more.

For Dan, I think after this episode it would've been nice for him to back off the basketball stuff and try to just be the best man he could be even if he failed... like even just watching 1x13 truly made it seems the writers were going with the growth storyline but oof course eventually it will stop. I felt we should see through Dan love for Nathan, he becomes better when he realizes how much many people hate him and how Nathan moves himself away from him.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Will reply later

Quote:
Whatever gets the watch thread going!
I would've watched 1x14 if I had the time to!

So, I guess I might watch 1x14 next weekend or something.
Yeah, you have got two weeks to watch 1x14
Closed Thread   Post New Thread