Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2019, 05:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

1x08
This was a better episode then 1x07

I really liked the Brooke/Lucas scenes

I liked how Brooke was trying to make everything right from all the stuff she caused at the party

Naley first kiss was cute and I loved that played my fav song by Switchfoot

Last edited by Sweetgirl465; 12-03-2019 at 05:04 PM
Old 12-02-2019, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Figured you liked their scenes

That was nice, wished she tried to make it up to LP too

It's a great song, that's for sure
Old 12-03-2019, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

1x09

Peyton keeps assuring Lucas that she wants to be friendzoned as Lucas is romantically growing attached to Brooke. I saw the reaction from Peyton when Lucas asked her to say "hi" to Brooke for him.

I love this little game Brooke and Lucas plays in this episode with Lucas getting Brooke to read some books to get closer to him. lol It's just a fun little relationship start here.

Loved Nathan sense of humor in this episode, "I'm happy Mom. Dad loves me." LOL
He obviously said that since Dan told Nathan that it'd be nice to tell Deb he's happy for a change. lol

He was correct though, things were strange... maybe he should've invited Lucas to live at the house.

Whitey and Dan had something in common in this episode, both care too much about winning this basketball game... Whitey speech is all about needing to win a regular season game. Dan agrees with that...
You'd think it was the playoffs.

Dan didn't want Karen's Cafe to run out of business with how bad her coffee was.

Thus far most of us love what we saw from Deb but I am happy that didn't happen offscreen with Lucas and Deb and he is still a bit wary of her since he didn't get to know her. He just knows of her. It's suppose to be strange that she's taking over the Karen's Cafe! and I liked him wondering what does Deb stay with a person like Dan.
Unfortunately it's like that in real life as well... people being/staying with terrible people.

Nathan feels the pressures of winning basketball games that he decides to take some pills to hyper up his skills for a few hours... we all know it won't turn good and yet again Nathan and Haley rushness continues to not impress me. I feel nothing during these first few episodes. Too rushed.

9 episodes in an I still remain on Dan's side whenever Whitey and Dan share scenes.
I guess to me Whitey always play the sad victim and pretends he handled everything correctly and it bothers me.

"If you lose to Cove City on Friday, I can pretty much guarantee you that sun will not rise the next day."
So Whitey?? you don't believe that was pressure for the team to keep an undefeated streak? Of course it's always Dan's fault though. I loved when Dan brought that quote back in Whitey's face!

50% Whitey and 50% Dan with the pressure on Nathan in this episode for me... even if Whitey would never see himself as doing anything wrong.

It was fun to see Brooke getting Lucas to losen up and become more happy in this episode since as Brooke mentioned, he is so serious.
Too bad she's probably 30% of why Lucas will became unlikable in a few episodes though. lol Should've keep serious Lucas over what he will become.

Poor Kieth, got control over the house while Karen is away and Lucas coming home drunk after a night out with Brooke! And I did feel sad for Kieth because as he mentioned if Karen was around, Lucas wouldn't have pulled a stunt like staying out night and being drunk and getting tattoos. He would've found a way to decline the Brooke Davis temptation request... so I can see why Kieth felt taken advantage of.

Watching this episode shows how confused the writers were this season. lol
This episode Haley is against Brucas and then in a few episodes she'll be for them and against LP. lol Make up your mind girl.

Also, Haley is the last one to judge relationships being with Nathan right now... and it was really quick how she got with Nathan as well... so silent mode should be activated, Haley.

Also Deb talking to Dan about Lucas... it's been like 16 years, where was this discussion earlier. I can't. lol

Peyton and Haley friendship really gets erased. It had potential to be a great one

The music playing in the scene with Dan, Deb and Nathan of Dan telling Deb "at least one of us will be there." made me thinking of Tim dancing at the Boy Auction. lol

I like Deb but my issue is that at times it seems she cares more about jobs more than she cares about her family.

I liked that Whitey actually showed his other side of not only wanting to win and caring about his players...

When it comes to Nathan... I blame it on Dan controlling side and Deb sort of abandonment... Deb is really never there. Dan couldn't had controlled Nathan as much if Deb was there to stop it. She doesn't how up in most of his games and it's always about work.

Sweet Nathan and Haley scene ... that should've took place further in the future for me to care about it though.

This cliffhanger was a huge discussion back in the day! I wasn't watching live at this time but I knew it was. lol I think most people should've known that if Peyton came to Lucas hours earlier then it wouldn't had been any competition. He would've been with her.
Brooke buckle up....
Old 12-03-2019, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Will watch reply to that all when I watch the episode
Old 12-06-2019, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
It certainly can, should have happened earlier though.

She seriously was

They really needed too keep Nathan as a jerk for way longer

Me neither, wished she did that with LP too though

It sure was, wish the writers built it up a bit more though
Seeing as how Brooke wasn't even originally a character on the series, it's probably pretty much self explanatory. lol They pretty much keep the writing as they went along and Brooke character became popular anyway....

I guess on one hand she wanted Peyton/Lucas to be together for Peyton but on another point, she wanted Lucas as well since he was intriguing to her.

They sure should've, it was way too quickly.

Well with LP she just made them act on their feelings, they should've went all the way and they would've been together. They didn't need to kiss if they didn't want to.

Yep, the writers just dived right in with this BPL triangle. lol
Old 12-06-2019, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Seeing as how Brooke wasn't even originally a character on the series, it's probably pretty much self explanatory. lol They pretty much keep the writing as they went along and Brooke character became popular anyway....

I guess on one hand she wanted Peyton/Lucas to be together for Peyton but on another point, she wanted Lucas as well since he was intriguing to her.

They sure should've, it was way too quickly.

Well with LP she just made them act on their feelings, they should've went all the way and they would've been together. They didn't need to kiss if they didn't want to.

Yep, the writers just dived right in with this BPL triangle. lol
That's true

Think the later was more important to Brooke

Way too quick

She still tried to screw Peyton over and manipulate Lucas, so she still had to make it up to them imo

No doubt, lol
Old 12-07-2019, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I guess I was okay with Brooke wanting Lucas and still sort of am when I re-watch it because I do believe Lucas is anyone's to have if he's single and they are in high school. Now if Peyton came out to Brooke and said, "Hey I am in love with Lucas."... that's different.

I just feel high school is about playing around, dating around and just enjoying life. lol

So I didn't care if the second was more important to Brooke... when it came to trying to get Lucas and get him to join her wild side.

At least in 1x08 she has a drunken excuse. Not the best but yeah.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not sure that would have made a difference with S1 Brooke tbh

It did show that Peyton wasn't the only one who put her feelings first
Old 12-08-2019, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

1x09

Quote:
Peyton keeps assuring Lucas that she wants to be friendzoned as Lucas is romantically growing attached to Brooke. I saw the reaction from Peyton when Lucas asked her to say "hi" to Brooke for him.
That was her way of hiding her true feelings imo. Wish the writers explored that more though

Quote:
I love this little game Brooke and Lucas plays in this episode with Lucas getting Brooke to read some books to get closer to him. lol It's just a fun little relationship start here.
That was kinda cute, lol

Quote:
Loved Nathan sense of humor in this episode, "I'm happy Mom. Dad loves me." LOL
He obviously said that since Dan told Nathan that it'd be nice to tell Deb he's happy for a change. lol
Loved that so much, hahah

Quote:
He was correct though, things were strange... maybe he should've invited Lucas to live at the house.
Agreed

Quote:
Whitey and Dan had something in common in this episode, both care too much about winning this basketball game... Whitey speech is all about needing to win a regular season game. Dan agrees with that...
You'd think it was the playoffs.
They certainly did

Quote:
Dan didn't want Karen's Cafe to run out of business with how bad her coffee was.
His face when he drunk it was priceless

Quote:
Thus far most of us love what we saw from Deb but I am happy that didn't happen offscreen with Lucas and Deb and he is still a bit wary of her since he didn't get to know her. He just knows of her. It's suppose to be strange that she's taking over the Karen's Cafe! and I liked him wondering what does Deb stay with a person like Dan.
Unfortunately it's like that in real life as well... people being/staying with terrible people.
I'm glad they didn't do it off screen either

Quote:
Nathan feels the pressures of winning basketball games that he decides to take some pills to hyper up his skills for a few hours... we all know it won't turn good and yet again Nathan and Haley rushness continues to not impress me. I feel nothing during these first few episodes. Too rushed.
Agreed

Quote:
9 episodes in an I still remain on Dan's side whenever Whitey and Dan share scenes.
I guess to me Whitey always play the sad victim and pretends he handled everything correctly and it bothers me.

"If you lose to Cove City on Friday, I can pretty much guarantee you that sun will not rise the next day."
So Whitey?? you don't believe that was pressure for the team to keep an undefeated streak? Of course it's always Dan's fault though. I loved when Dan brought that quote back in Whitey's face!

50% Whitey and 50% Dan with the pressure on Nathan in this episode for me... even if Whitey would never see himself as doing anything wrong.

Very true
Quote:
It was fun to see Brooke getting Lucas to loosen up and become more happy in this episode since as Brooke mentioned, he is so serious.
Too bad she's probably 30% of why Lucas will become unlikable in a few episodes though. lol Should've keep serious Lucas over what he will become.
I wish they took their time with BL a bit more this season, seemed like they always wanted to rush through them lol and then maybe Lucas wouldn't have been so unlikeable during this part in the season.

Quote:
Poor Keith, got control over the house while Karen is away and Lucas coming home drunk after a night out with Brooke! And I did feel sad for Keith because as he mentioned if Karen was around, Lucas wouldn't have pulled a stunt like staying out night and being drunk and getting tattoos. He would've found a way to decline the Brooke Davis temptation request... so I can see why Keith felt taken advantage of.
He certainly did take advantage of Keith in this episode

Quote:
Watching this episode shows how confused the writers were this season. lol
This episode Haley is against Brucas and then in a few episodes she'll be for them and against LP. lol Make up your mind girl.
Don't think she was ever for Brucas or Brooke in general lol, just didn't like Lucas turning into that guy

Quote:
Also, Haley is the last one to judge relationships being with Nathan right now... and it was really quick how she got with Nathan as well... so silent mode should be activated, Haley.
Agreed, lol

Quote:
Also Deb talking to Dan about Lucas... it's been like 16 years, where was this discussion earlier. I can't. lol
True

Quote:
Peyton and Haley friendship really gets erased. It had potential to be a great one
Wasted potential there

Quote:
The music playing in the scene with Dan, Deb and Nathan of Dan telling Deb "at least one of us will be there." made me thinking of Tim dancing at the Boy Auction. lol
Lol, okay

Quote:
I like Deb but my issue is that at times it seems she cares more about jobs more than she cares about her family.
It sure does come off that way

Quote:
I liked that Whitey actually showed his other side of not only wanting to win and caring about his players...
Same here

Quote:
When it comes to Nathan... I blame it on Dan controlling side and Deb sort of abandonment... Deb is really never there. Dan couldn't had controlled Nathan as much if Deb was there to stop it. She doesn't how up in most of his games and it's always about work.
Completely agree

Quote:
Sweet Nathan and Haley scene ... that should've took place further in the future for me to care about it though.
They seriously should have

Quote:
This cliffhanger was a huge discussion back in the day! I wasn't watching live at this time but I knew it was. lol I think most people should've known that if Peyton came to Lucas hours earlier then it wouldn't had been any competition. He would've been with her.
Brooke buckle up....
It seriously would have been, lol

Old 12-09-2019, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

I def have to watch this week.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
1x09
That was her way of hiding her true feelings imo. Wish the writers explored that more though

That was kinda cute, lol

Loved that so much, hahah
When it comes to Peyton I actually could sort of get her not wanting to jump right into another relationship with someone after Nathan, it was all too soon and they didn't want to do a NH and jump right into something... well more Peyton anyway since I believe although Peyton truly cared for Lucas, Lucas loved her much more than she did him since his crush on her was existent way before Peyton knew how much Lucas loved her.

You admitting a BL scene was cute? lol

When we see moments like that from Nathan, I just love it! fits him so well.

Quote:
They certainly did

His face when he drunk it was priceless

I wish they took their time with BL a bit more this season, seemed like they always wanted to rush through them lol and then maybe Lucas wouldn't have been so unlikeable during this part in the season.

I love that Whitey really admitted it in the end! nice growth from a character they tried writing too perfect. When I've clearly seem some errors in his ways. lol

Yep and Deb thought that Dan was fooling around. lol He really didn't like that coffee she made. lol

I felt the pace for BL worked for me since it was clear they were just suppose to be in a non serious relationship.:eek it was just a lot of games! and for Lucas, it wasn't anything that meaningful even if it ended up being that way for Brooke. I agree with you about Lucas character though.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

1x09

I only loved this episode cause of Brooke and Lucas

Didn’t like the end where Peyton decided that she wanted to be with Lucas she tells him when he getting closer to Brooke
Old 12-11-2019, 01:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by quin0611 (View Post)
I def have to watch this week.
You certainly do
Old 12-11-2019, 01:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetgirl465 (View Post)
1x09

I only loved this episode cause of Brooke and Lucas

Didn’t like the end where Peyton decided that she wanted to be with Lucas she tells him when he getting closer to Brooke
Figured you would say that
Old 12-11-2019, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
When it comes to Peyton I actually could sort of get her not wanting to jump right into another relationship with someone after Nathan, it was all too soon and they didn't want to do a NH and jump right into something... well more Peyton anyway since I believe although Peyton truly cared for Lucas, Lucas loved her much more than she did him since his crush on her was existent way before Peyton knew how much Lucas loved her. [
It certainly made sense, just wish they explored that fear of hers a bit more in S1.

Quote:
You admitting a BL scene was cute? lol
Kinda cute, lol

Quote:
When we see moments like that from Nathan, I just love it! fits him so well.
Sure does, lol

Quote:
I love that Whitey really admitted it in the end! nice growth from a character they tried writing too perfect. When I've clearly seem some errors in his ways. lol
It sure was

Quote:
Yep and Deb thought that Dan was fooling around. lol He really didn't like that coffee she made. lol
Not in the slightest, lol

Quote:
I felt the pace for BL worked for me since it was clear they were just suppose to be in a non serious relationship.:eek it was just a lot of games! and for Lucas, it wasn't anything that meaningful even if it ended up being that way for Brooke. I agree with you about Lucas character though.
I just wish they took their time with it for the sake of Luke's character.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread