Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2020, 11:33 AM
Elite Fan

^Joy didn't like that.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
C/S season 2, C/S season 3 as we've been trying to tell you. lol
CS doesn't explain making BL's build up a lot better than it actually was, lol
Old 09-11-2020, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
CS doesn't explain making BL's build up a lot better than it actually was, lol
I don't understanD what you're trying to say?
Old 09-11-2020, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesophia (View Post)
I don't understanD what you're trying to say?
That the show going back to BL because of CS doesn't really explain why some parts of the fandom make their build up a lot better than it actually was.
Old 09-11-2020, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Some fandoms do and OTH didn't but C/S was the reasons for the storyline shift changes during season 2-3 whether you agree with how it happened. lol
We are trying to tell you this, Sam as fans who were THERE! We were there during this time...

It was pretty much common knowledge that Brucas relationship was heavily connected to C/S as their break up.
It's common knowledge if Bryan Greenberg choose to stay in One Tree Hill then Jake (much to your dismay, Sam) storyline would've ended much differently during season 2.

Hilarie Burton even in a recent interview like 2 years ago talked about how season 2-3 was going to make the show end with Brucas/Jeyton, the main things that changed during those seasons is that Bryan didn't want to commit full time and Chad and Sophiia had a nasty break up to the point Sophia had a difficult time working with him... reports stated that and seeing as how Sophia still talks about that time, I'd say those reports were true... especially since she got cheated on.

The discussion is nothing about how you enjoy or dislike how the story was written. We are trying to say that it was written in the first place because of real life events.
Old 09-11-2020, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Some fandoms do and OTH didn't but C/S was the reasons for the storyline shift changes during season 2-3 whether you agree with how it happened. lol
We are trying to tell you this, Sam as fans who were THERE! We were there during this time...

It was pretty much common knowledge that Brucas relationship was heavily connected to C/S as their break up.
It's common knowledge if Bryan Greenberg choose to stay in One Tree Hill then Jake (much to your dismay, Sam) storyline would've ended much differently during season 2.

Hilarie Burton even in a recent interview like 2 years ago talked about how season 2-3 was going to make the show end with Brucas/Jeyton, the main things that changed during those seasons is that Bryan didn't want to commit full time and Chad and Sophia had a nasty break up to the point Sophia had a difficult time working with him... reports stated that and seeing as how Sophia still talks about that time, I'd say those reports were true... especially since she got cheated on.

The discussion is nothing about how you enjoy or dislike how the story was written. We are trying to say that it was written in the first place because of real life events.
Except Sophia has admitted that Mark and the producers didn't have a **** about her and Chad's feelings during the whole divorce situation, so why would have ended BL to make things easier for Sophia?

Not to mention Hilarie admitted a couple of months when she was on Jana's podcast that she basically got lied to about BL/JP being endgame

Watching the show at the time doesn't change what we know about Mark and what Sophia and Hilarie have both said.
Old 09-13-2020, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I could just watch the show and see how C/S relationship impacted the storylines. lol It was pretty obvious. lol

B/L and J/P were affected by Chad, Sophia and Bryan.

Do you not want to believe backstage politics came into play because L/P ended up together?

It's just literally obvious when you watch the episodes how real life affected reel. lol The start of season 3, Lucas was so sure Brooke was the one he'd end up with. Everything about Lucas feelings were about Brooke and in the middle of the season (Chad/Sophia messy marriage) they brought Peyton back in the mix.... I don't know what clearer message you need to get then that. lol

OTH played real life into storylines more than any other series I've ever watched... you literally just have to watch the tv show and see the time table on everything and it all adds up. It was a headache for the OTH fandom at that time.

If things were written different then I probably woudlv'e agreed and said, "no way did backstage play part of the storylines", but it was too obvious to me. lol
Old 09-14-2020, 02:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I could just watch the show and see how C/S relationship impacted the storylines. lol It was pretty obvious. lol

B/L and J/P were affected by Chad, Sophia and Bryan.

Do you not want to believe backstage politics came into play because L/P ended up together?

It's just literally obvious when you watch the episodes how real life affected reel. lol The start of season 3, Lucas was so sure Brooke was the one he'd end up with. Everything about Lucas feelings were about Brooke and in the middle of the season (Chad/Sophia messy marriage) they brought Peyton back in the mix.... I don't know what clearer message you need to get then that. lol

OTH played real life into storylines more than any other series I've ever watched... you literally just have to watch the tv show and see the time table on everything and it all adds up. It was a headache for the OTH fandom at that time.

If things were written different then I probably woudlv'e agreed and said, "no way did backstage play part of the storylines", but it was too obvious to me. lol
Was way more obvious when it came to S2, lol

Can't that be said for you though since you wanted BL/JP endgame?

Not really, he may have said but his actions was always pretty non - existent when it came down to following through on the things he said about Brooke. The writing didn't change as much as you think, lol

Timetable doesn't really add when it come to this situation though, since Chad/Sophia had split up by the time they got back together on the show. Even if we ignore that, do you honestly believe that Mark S and the producers that covered for his disgusting ass wouldn't have an absolutely field day when it came to making Sophia's life as difficult as possible? The guy sexually harassed over 40 different actresses/writers on two different tv sets, but I'm meant to believe that he changed endgames because Sophia didn't want to work with Chad anymore? You can't see how ridiculously out of character that is Mark for right? Hell, with everything that has come out about over the past 3 years, I'm honestly more shocked that BL didn't end up together just to make Sophia (and Chad for that matter) suffer.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ It can't be said for me because Chad/Sophia literally got a divorce and Bryan left the series. So I am speaking on those 2 things.
I am not even saying that L/P wouldn't had been endgame. I just think the quickness of their breaks up was because of the off screen stuff!

Jake ending in season 2 was because Byran left for another show when they wanted him as a series regular. If he stays and becomes a series regular, he's on the show GOING IN to season 3.

Chad/Sophia split up in the beginning of filming season 3 however because they were already building them, an alrupt break up for them wouldn't had made any sense. Remember the filming for these shows usually resumes around July.
By the time the break up got till breaking news, they were filming episode 3x08.

No way you can spend most of season 2 and first 8 episodes of season 3 building B/L to just break them up with no pay off.

Even if you don't believe it for B/L, we know for 100% that J/P didn't last long time because of Bryan.
However as I mentioned, I am not saying that J/P would've been endgame, I just believe we would've gotten way more J/P then we ended up getting of course.

Also yes I agree that Mark was trash as well.
Well Chad left the series after season 7... and during season 4-6 they were mainly focused on L/P and tying to erase B/L and writing Brooke as a L/P shipper but okay.
Old 09-16-2020, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Except BL and JP's break ups weren't sudden though, the show had hinted at Peyton's feelings for Lucas resurfacing for ages and her feelings towards had clearly changed even more that hinting started. Whereas Brooke was clearly never going to get past the cheating and Lucas wasn't going to ever past her first. Not to mention they clearly didn't understand each other and neither party didn't really care enough to try and change that either.

Even if Bryan stayed, I don't think that would have changed anything in the long run since JP imo lacked a connection outside of Jenny and that would have always bit them off in the ass sooner or later. It's an massive reason why I think that Julian is the most believable endgame for Peyton outside of Lucas and not Jake.

Wouldn't have been the first time the show suddenly changed their plans for a season due to Chad/Sophia, lol. Plus I disagree on the build up in S2, lol due to our rewatch

Mark being absolutely trash is the biggest reason why this whole argument makes no sense to me whatsoever.
Old 09-17-2020, 11:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

I definitely agree with you tia.

I think S2 BL is one the best build ups I've ever seen.
Old 09-18-2020, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I disagree, I felt Peyton feelings came as out of no where as you saw Lucas's in season 2. Peyton moved on from those feelings at the end of season 1, early season 2 and it was ALL Jake in season 2 with no feelings for Lucas. First half of season 3, she was still sad about Jake leaving.

Mark was trash, I agree but if that was the case of that impacting storyline then Peyton would've end with Chase or something. lol

The Jenny thing only really played a factor because they needed to write Byran off the show. lol Let's say Byran agrees to become a series regular? That means season 3 Jake/Peyton is way different and possibly season 2 ends up differently.

I think Sam, you are thinking that I am saying, "Lucas and Peyton doesn't end up together." which I am not saying... I am literally saying the real life events RUSHED the whole process of everything. I have no clue who was going to end up with whom but no question at least Jake/Peyton has a longer relationship then they had.

However as a whole I think we will both have our opinions on it, I think my opinion comes more from being there watching it live during that time and knowing all the craziness going on behind the scenes during it...
Old 09-18-2020, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasertagandcigars (View Post)

I think S2 BL is one the best build ups I've ever seen.
Made me fall in love with them when I did not cared that much in s1.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Brucas were terribly written in season 1, the only thing they had for them was the chemistry but the written was awful however the writing in season 2 was fantastic for them.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I disagree, I felt Peyton feelings came as out of no where as you saw Lucas's in season 2. Peyton moved on from those feelings at the end of season 1, early season 2 and it was ALL Jake in season 2 with no feelings for Lucas. First half of season 3, she was still sad about Jake leaving.

Mark was trash, I agree but if that was the case of that impacting storyline then Peyton would've end with Chase or something. lol

The Jenny thing only really played a factor because they needed to write Byran off the show. lol Let's say Byran agrees to become a series regular? That means season 3 Jake/Peyton is way different and possibly season 2 ends up differently.

I think Sam, you are thinking that I am saying, "Lucas and Peyton doesn't end up together." which I am not saying... I am literally saying the real life events RUSHED the whole process of everything. I have no clue who was going to end up with whom but no question at least Jake/Peyton has a longer relationship then they had.

However as a whole I think we will both have our opinions on it, I think my opinion comes more from being there watching it live during that time and knowing all the craziness going on behind the scenes during it...
There was hints that Peyton feelings for Lucas in the first half though and she really wasn't upset about Jake, she had clearly fallen out of in love with the guy imo. I disagree, she hasn't moved on from those feelings at the end of S1 and then the writers acted like she never felt that way to begin with because the writers knew they hadn't done enough to build up JP's feelings for each other. They did the same thing with Jake and Nikki,

Their friendship was pretty similar in S1, so I don't think Bryan staying would have changed that.

Don't think they would have though, there was nothing rushed about what happened with BL/JP in season 3. I can't see BL/JP lasting any longer than they did even if Bryan stayed and Chophia never broke up.

Last edited by stlavin95; 09-19-2020 at 12:09 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread