Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2020, 08:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Of course you would only comment on that
I knew you'd pick it up
Old 09-06-2020, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 09-06-2020, 09:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

it's the only thing that really matters.
Old 09-07-2020, 02:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Just funny since you did a decent review
Old 09-07-2020, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Just funny since you did a decent review
Oh I read everything and appreciated it....but BH is what matters the most!
Old 09-07-2020, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Especially for you
Old 09-07-2020, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
You have mentioned that a lot

You liked LP scenes?

Yes, I just only dislike them in the first 4 seasons... actually "dislike" is a strong word. I just didn't care for them and I preferred the chemistry Lucas had with Brooke. Although in season 1 I only shipped J/P and the potential of B/N.. I didn't ship any pairing from the B/L/P triangle. I think I probably would've enjoyed L/P if the writers actually did the Nathan/Peyton/Lucas triangle since Nathan was so unlikable and I felt L/P was written great there... when Brooke got involved, everything to messy, and Lucas slowly became to an unrecognizable character. Season 2, was my J/P season and I finally loved B/L for the first time even though I was okay with it staying friendzoned since to me season 2 showed how much better they were written when they were friends. Season 3, first time I enjoyed B/L romantically. Season 4 break up had me as clueless as Lucas was but it was clearly because of the BTS stuff and how Chad and Sophia couldn't really work together anymore... but just the whole Chad/Sophia thing made me wish that actors never date ever!

Because I felt Chad/Sophia romance controlled the romantic direction season 2-4...
I wish the writers kept real life out of reel life.
I'll always with Bryton turned series regular for I could've gotten more J/P.

Season 4... again, I didn't care for B/L or L/P... although I think because I preferred the chemistry between B/L, I was more for them because I felt Lucas did love and want to reunite with Brooke so I would've been okay with it being angst for them to find their way back to each other. When L/P got together it didn't make much sense to me (I know to you it did) but based on what I watched season 3 and early season 4, it didn't fit right for me... especially Brooke encouraging it... it was like eh.... but I wanted my B/N at this time even if I knew by now it'd never happen. lol

Season 5! I loved B/L still because of their chemistry and their friendship scenes! I loved the way they were written this season. I finally started enjoying L/P was 5x06 because of the angst being good! "Everytime I see this stupid book I buy, ever stupid damn time. You said I was great, you said I could be great! You said we were destined to be together. You said it to the world, you said it to me and I wish you never had because you never meant any of it."

That was the scene when the acting and the dialogue was like WOW!. In general I felt that B/L were written better that scene but for the first time I wasn't truly that against L/P as I previously was.

Season 6... I think I was finally at the stage where I was okay with them because they were together, they had fun and no triangles! They just finally got to be together as a real couple with no more drama.

For me as a viewer I think I enjoyed anytime I saw Peyton truly happy in a relationship which is why I didn't have an issue with Lucas/Peyton in Season 6. Julian/Peyton season 6, and of course my main one Jake/Peyton. So Peyton/Happiness I preferred.
Old 09-07-2020, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

Yes, I just only dislike them in the first 4 seasons... actually "dislike" is a strong word. I just didn't care for them and I preferred the chemistry Lucas had with Brooke. Although in season 1 I only shipped J/P and the potential of B/N.. I didn't ship any pairing from the B/L/P triangle. I think I probably would've enjoyed L/P if the writers actually did the Nathan/Peyton/Lucas triangle since Nathan was so unlikable and I felt L/P was written great there... when Brooke got involved, everything to messy, and Lucas slowly became to an unrecognizable character. Season 2, was my J/P season and I finally loved B/L for the first time even though I was okay with it staying friendzoned since to me season 2 showed how much better they were written when they were friends. Season 3, first time I enjoyed B/L romantically. Season 4 break up had me as clueless as Lucas was but it was clearly because of the BTS stuff and how Chad and Sophia couldn't really work together anymore... but just the whole Chad/Sophia thing made me wish that actors never date ever!

Because I felt Chad/Sophia romance controlled the romantic direction season 2-4...
I wish the writers kept real life out of reel life.
I'll always with Bryton turned series regular for I could've gotten more J/P.

Season 4... again, I didn't care for B/L or L/P... although I think because I preferred the chemistry between B/L, I was more for them because I felt Lucas did love and want to reunite with Brooke so I would've been okay with it being angst for them to find their way back to each other. When L/P got together it didn't make much sense to me (I know to you it did) but based on what I watched season 3 and early season 4, it didn't fit right for me... especially Brooke encouraging it... it was like eh.... but I wanted my B/N at this time even if I knew by now it'd never happen. lol

Season 5! I loved B/L still because of their chemistry and their friendship scenes! I loved the way they were written this season. I finally started enjoying L/P was 5x06 because of the angst being good! "Everytime I see this stupid book I buy, ever stupid damn time. You said I was great, you said I could be great! You said we were destined to be together. You said it to the world, you said it to me and I wish you never had because you never meant any of it."

That was the scene when the acting and the dialogue was like WOW!. In general I felt that B/L were written better that scene but for the first time I wasn't truly that against L/P as I previously was.

Season 6... I think I was finally at the stage where I was okay with them because they were together, they had fun and no triangles! They just finally got to be together as a real couple with no more drama.

For me as a viewer I think I enjoyed anytime I saw Peyton truly happy in a relationship which is why I didn't have an issue with Lucas/Peyton in Season 6. Julian/Peyton season 6, and of course my main one Jake/Peyton. So Peyton/Happiness I preferred.
Fair enough, I feel we already got too much of JP romantically lol. Certainly would have been interesting to see how LP would have been written differently if the show stuck with NPL.

I don't think BL broke up because of Chad/Sophia though, that break up had coming for a while since they got back together. Not to mention that would have been incredibly out of character Mark to go out of his way to make things easier for either party.
Old 09-08-2020, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Fair enough, I feel we already got too much of JP romantically lol. Certainly would have been interesting to see how LP would have been written differently if the show stuck with NPL.

I don't think BL broke up because of Chad/Sophia though, that break up had coming for a while since they got back together. Not to mention that would have been incredibly out of character Mark to go out of his way to make things easier for either party.

J/P is PERFECT! Happiest I'ver ever seen Peyton in a romantic relationship.
Peyton was happy during season 6 with Lucas as well.
I'll always wonder what if when it comes to that NPL triangle for sure.

I disagree. lol Chad/Sophia 10000% broke up because of Brooke/Lucas, that's pretty much been confirmed. Whether you liked the dialogue during season 3 for B/L or not, the writing was that Lucas had accepted that Brooke was the one for him. Mid of the season was when the Chad/Sophia divorce happened... then out of no where, we get back to having those Lucas/Peyton scenes...

They probably would've eventually broken up but not the way they did, I think it would've lasted longer. When people were live watching season 3, it was like waiting for the B/L break up because of the rumors of Chad cheating on Sophia with Paris Hilton... it was taking over everything during season 3....
I think Brooke/Lucas got build up as this "one for me" thing because of Chad/Sophia and I believe they broke up for that same reason. lol Guess it was fitting.

Bryan leaving the show is exactly why Jake got arrested during season 2 ending. They wanted him as a series regular but Bryan never wanted to commit to it.

BTS affected OTH in ways it didn't affect any other show I ever watched...
OTH is the reason I am sort of against co-stars dating while the show is airing.

Old 09-08-2020, 11:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

They probably would've eventually broken up but not the way they did, I think it would've lasted longer. When people were live watching season 3, it was like waiting for the B/L break up because of the rumors of Chad cheating on Sophia with Paris Hilton... it was taking over everything during season 3....
I think Brooke/Lucas got build up as this "one for me" thing because of Chad/Sophia and I believe they broke up for that same reason. lol Guess it was fitting.

I 100% agree with you, BL happened again because of Chad/Sophia and their build up while "out of nowwhere" as Sam would say was amazing.

And yeah C/S messy break-up/divorce kinda ruined the BL scenes in s3 because we, the fans, knew that it was doomed.
Old 09-08-2020, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep, I think you really would've had to been watching during that time to know how big the C/S relationship played an impact on the show. It was as much drama off screen then there was on.

I also loved the build-up for B/L during season 2 but Sam you thinking it was out of nowhere and how Lucas feelings for Peyton sort of disappeared and his feelings for Brooke grew can be contributed to C/S... many fans definitely knew B/L was going to happen again because of Chad/Sophia... even when we talk about Felix... I know some people might have an issue with the actor or the character but Felix was originally suppose to last longer and he also was dropped. I believe at the beginning the writers were going to do more with him and Brooke/Felix but C/S getting married really sealed the deal for Brooke/Lucas. The early season 3 having Lucas be sure of his feelings for Brooke and her being who she'll end up with.
Then those rumors happened and just like that, we knew B/L were going to end.

I remember watching just waiting for the break up... especially season 4... 4x01, I was shocked Brooke/Lucas were still together and then they had that break up and I was like... yep as expected. lol

For me I loved B/L season 2-3 however I am curious of how a lot of stories would've been if C/S didn't get together. Same for Sophia and Austin....
Brooke/Owen suffered from Sophia/Austin....

OTH writers went too much based on real life events.
Old 09-09-2020, 03:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesophia (View Post)
I 100% agree with you, BL happened again because of Chad/Sophia and their build up while "out of nowwhere" as Sam would say was amazing.

And yeah C/S messy break-up/divorce kinda ruined the BL scenes in s3 because we, the fans, knew that it was doomed.
I say they came out of nowhere because there was no build up whatsoever to Lucas feeling they did in 2x10. Instead of actually building up to it, the show just rewrote history and acted like he felt that about Brooke the whole time.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I say they came out of nowhere because there was no build up whatsoever to Lucas feeling they did in 2x10. Instead of actually building up to it, the show just rewrote history and acted like he felt that about Brooke the whole time.
C/S season 2, C/S season 3 as we've been trying to tell you. lol
Old 09-09-2020, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

OTH writers went too much based on real life events.
Yeah like Haley singing.....because Joy was a singer.
Alex starting singing.....because Jana was about to drop an album.
I'm sure I'm forgetting a tons.
Old 09-10-2020, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yep.. although I am a bit okay with a character talent aligning with their character a little bit... but yeah they did go overboard with Haley's singing career, especially during season 2. lol She liked singing but not to those lengths...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread