Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2010, 01:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Brooke/OTH - 8x05 "Nobody Taught Us To Quit"

8x05
Nobody Taught Us To Quit

Episode Description

As Clay is discharged from the hospital, Nathan contemplates walking away from the NBA.
Brooke and Victoria disagree on how to handle the company's financial problems.
Chase finds out a secret about Alex.
Episode directed by James Lafferty

Youtube Videos:

8x05 Promo

Sneak Peak: Brooke & Haley at Tric.

Episode Stills:

HAVE FUN
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

b + h = ♥

..........nuff said.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:29 AM
Total Fan

Can't waiiiiiiiit for all the BH
Old 10-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hate that Victoria just screamed at Brooke. That scene just set them back the entire 7th season. All the growth they had as mother/daughter just washed away. I was so disappointed
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-13-2010, 02:40 AM
Elite Fan

*Brooke's speech to Victoria was perfect..and IMO a way to say that Brooke's next business will be alone.

* BH at COB = LOVE. I love the throwback to their roomies days "our apartment" + all the things she said about the night when COB started (3x09). The bridge scene was cute, Haley is always there when needed.

* The voiceover at the end was beautiful and i loved how Brooke and Nathan's speeches combined.

* A BN scene! Terri must be happy . It was normal to see a BN scene, they're going through the same thing, always did.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesophia (View Post)
*Brooke's speech to Victoria was perfect..and IMO a way to say that Brooke's next business will be alone.
I was applauding...not really, but in spirit I was lol. I felt that Victoria coming down on her for giving up the company, etc was like taking a million steps back from how far they had come. The Victoria that belittled her daughter and made her feel like crap was in that speach. Nothing about giving up the company was an easy decision. The last thing Brooke wanted to do was give it all up. But she would benefit off of everyone else losing everything they had. And Brooke couldn't live with herself. Sure she's been accostomed to all the riches in life with her family having wealth. But Brooke is a strong enough person that she would live below the 'riches of life' in order to make everyone at peace that invested in the company. Because the investors didn't invest in Clothes/Bros, they invested in her. And for Brooke, that meant so much. They believed in her talent, her ideas that their money would be taken care of. And when it wasn't, she did something about it. I'm proud of her. She did this alone, no one told her to give it all back, no one helped her with what she needed to do. Brooke did this herself. And that speaks volumes from where she was in Season 3 in having the idea to start a clothing line. Brooke has learned so much about business, the market and most importantly herself since Season 4. I'm just wondering what will happen after she gives it all back, what direction her life will go next.

Quote:
* BH at COB = LOVE. I love the throwback to their roomies days "our apartment" + all the things she said about the night when COB started (3x09). The bridge scene was cute, Haley is always there when needed.
That's my #1 'go back to' scene when I think about all of this. Haley gave her the advice when Suburban Filth took her designs as their own. They never took her talent, no one can take that...not even Victoria, although she might try Brooke just needs that little extra push to know that she is worth the risk and worth everyone believing in her to try it again. And this time, Brooke will know what's going on with her company and will never let anyone get in her way ever again.

Quote:
* The voiceover at the end was beautiful and i loved how Brooke and Nathan's speeches combined.
That was really nice, the parallel. The two, on the outside, were going through totally different things. Leaving Basketball and Giving up a company and a fortune. They were both giving up a dream they had ever since birth. But they are better people than their parents, they will bounce back. Nathan can coach basketball and have the same thrill as being on the court (I think he can, he might not). And Brooke can start over, she just needs to right people with her this time
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-13-2010, 09:25 AM
Master Fan

I didn't watch the episode. Tell me if it was good?
•icon by: deep within me
Exotic Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kelly, it was so good! This episode arc of Brooke doing whatever it takes to make things right has been a really good one And her scene with Victoria....ah....she just took charge and was really bold. I just love that Brooke is now fighting back and she may be doing it alone for the most part, she is a strong force because of it
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

I'll try to watch it later. I love me some fierce Brooke
•icon by: deep within me
Exotic Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternativechick (View Post)
I was applauding...not really, but in spirit I was lol. I felt that Victoria coming down on her for giving up the company, etc was like taking a million steps back from how far they had come. The Victoria that belittled her daughter and made her feel like crap was in that speach.
I think it's realistic that Victoria still has her oldself inisde her, i thik she's gonna regret it, at least i hope for her because she has a wonderful daughter.

Quote:
I'm just wondering what will happen after she gives it all back, what direction her life will go next.
I think they're gonna focus on the wedding for now, maybe we'll see new work stuff after the wedding.