Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-19-2006, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Your Delta Favourites: Favourite red carpet outfit?

I mentioned this idea a long time ago but never got around to posting..but here it is..

Gist of the thread: Every week a Delta-related topic is suggested [ie. favourite song, lyric, picture..the possibilities are endless] and then we discuss our personal favourites. Why we like them, what they mean to us..whatever, really. The topic changes every week, you discuss your favourites, compare with others if you like and then we move on to a new topic when the week ends. If you miss one feel free to double up with your answers.

First topic is: Favourite Delta song!

Last edited by ~*bitterswt*~; 03-19-2008 at 01:06 PM
Old 10-20-2006, 01:17 AM
Elite Fan

I love this idea! But you picked such a hard one to start with!

Right now, at this very moment, I'm loving Flawed and OMO. But I think that could always just be because they're new, so I'm loving them an extra amount. The other song I'm really adoring at the moment is Born To Try live from Visualise, because I love the song anyway, but the way that it's stripped down for the live version is just so gorgeous. I never get tired of hearing the live version of BTT. Same with LNoE, actually. I love when songs are stripped down like that.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Master Fan

This seems like a fun idea!

My favourite Delta song always seems to change, it's difficult to just stick to one. But I think I'm going to go with Born To Try. It's a song that I can listen to whenever I'm not in such a great mood and it'll make me smile. The lyrics are something that I feel I can always relate to, which gives me a better appreciation for the song itself.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:47 AM
Master Fan

Terrific thread idea, Eves! Must agree with Rach that you pose a tough question to start... but then what better way to gear us up for those to come?!

My all time favourite Delta song remains to be Butterfly. My favourite MI track, The Analyst has long been my favourite MI track, but I guess in comparison, the seroiusness of it must come second to the purity and serenity of my fave IE track. I never tire of it (in any form). It's such a pretty feel-good track that never fails to lift my spirits.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 10-22-2006, 02:30 AM
Elite Fan

Throw It Away will always be a favourite of mine, as well as the others I mentioned. I think I love how different it was to all the other tracks on IE, in its guitarryness and even the tone. I just love it.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~* (View Post)
Throw It Away will always be a favourite of mine, as well as the others I mentioned. I think I love how different it was to all the other tracks on IE, in its guitarryness and even the tone.
I'm a big fan of TIA for the same reason, Rach. It's another fabulous feel-good track with fabulous guitar backing. It's a definite stand out on the iE album. I meant to add before that Butterfly has a remarkable calming effect on me.

icon by *Evie
Old 10-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

I can SO relate to the calming effect that Butterfly has Kat, it always soothing to listen to after a rough day.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:00 AM
Elite Fan

Born To Try has that kind of calming effect on me. Especially the live on. I love it when that comes on my MP3 player when I'm on the way home from work.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*bitterswt*~ (View Post)
I can SO relate to the calming effect that Butterfly has Kat, it always soothing to listen to after a rough day.
Absolutely, Kay. I like nothing more than putting it on to lift my spirits before hitting the hay after a rough day.

BTT certainly has that impact too, Rach. I'll always maintain that there's nothing like a Delta powerballad to lift ones spirits.

Last track listened to was Delta & Westlife's All Out Of Love (thanks to Rach). Her vocals are so pure and gorgeous. I've always loved the Westlife Boys' voices, and they sound all the more serene in perfect harmony with Delta.

New topic: Favourite Delta photoshoot!

icon by *Evie
Old 11-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Nice one Evie! My favourite photoshoot... Shiver's there are so many classics, but I'd have to say that my favourite is the latest Tag Heuer shoot. The images are so classy and flawless. They're an absolute timeless piece of work! If only I was that pretty!
Old 11-09-2006, 07:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

My fav shoot would either be the 2003 Harper's Bazaar, the whole shoot is picture-perfect or the Innocent Eyes where she looks so lively and pure. My all time favourite picture of Delta is the one on the back of the IE album.

Last edited by beautifulgoodbye; 11-15-2006 at 06:56 AM
Old 11-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Elite Fan

I love all the MI insert photos, especially the Madam Butterfly one. And the OK shoot, but I think my absolute favourite would have to be the HB shoot, like Violet. I've always loved it, and it's always been my go-to Delta shoot!
Old 11-10-2006, 05:44 AM
Loyal Fan

I tend to have favourite shots rather than favourite photoshoots! That said, I can't deny that the HB one is magnificient.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:49 AM
Master Fan

Great choices, everyone! I know how virtually impossible it is to narrow then down. I'd have teetered between the same four shoots, I think. The new TAG Heuer is spectacular, the MI booklet album shoot displays her maturity perfectly, as does IE and Harpers Bazaar. There's something so perfect and balanced about the HP shoot. It captures that perfect combination of freshness and sophistication. When I look at that shoot, I still think she's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

icon by *Evie
Old 11-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Elite Fan

She is looking spectacularly gorgeous in the Tag Heuer shots. I love how close it is on her face, so you can really see how fab she looks. It's the same reason I love the shot of her looking over her hands in the MI book. It really shows off her *eyes*, and her eyes are so sparkly and fun.