Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-14-2004, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

When did you first notice Delta?

Delta has a lot of fans, so I'm just curious, what is that made you sit up and take notice of her? What is it that made you like her and what do you love about her?

For me, I'd seen her a bit of Neighbours, but didn't really watch it all that much. But one day just after BTT was released, I heard it on the radio in the car and was just blown away by her and after Uni I had to rush out and get her album and I just fell in love with her from then on.

I love her music and how she puts her heart and soul into her songs and performances, as well as everything she does. She's such a fighter, especially the last 12 months she's been through so much for someone so young, but she's still standing and smiling and going strong and I just admire that spirit.
Old 08-14-2004, 05:58 AM
Elite Fan

I first noticed Delta when she first appeared on Neighbours. I will always remember the big fringe that she had and how it always used to go into her eyes. I remember thinking that it would totally annoy me to act with hair in my eyes all the time. And then she first sang Born to Try

I have been a huge fan ever since then. She has an amazing voice and her acting isn't that bad either

It's Elementary my dear Watson
Old 08-14-2004, 06:29 AM
Master Fan

Re: When did you first notice Delta?

I loved I Don't Care when I first heard it on (then) Ulgy Phil and Jackie's Hot 30 Countdown in '99. I remember thinking how pretty the video was, but never bothered buying the single (kicking myself for that now that it's been deleted and is worth a cool $500+).

After she disappeard fron the radio waves, I recognised her straight away when she released BTT (there couldn't be that many Delta's this side of globe). Adored the song, and the clip, and was pleased to finally start hearing more about her - she was a skilled pianist, wrote her own music, had done some acting, and was the girl in the old Quick commercial! ).

When LWY was released and I caught wond that Delta would be signing her single at my local mall (a month before IE's release), I went along to meet her. It was a five hour wait, and even she couldn't get over how many people had turned up for some Delta downtime. She was wonderful that day - signed a lord knows how many singles, and posed for lord knows how many more photos. I think she was there for close to 7 hours, till she'd met every last fan. Such dedication.

Quote:
Originally posted by -ellie-
I heard it on the radio in the car and was just blown away by her and after Uni I had to rush out and get her album and I just fell in love with her from then on.

I love her music and how she puts her heart and soul into her songs and performances, as well as everything she does. She's such a fighter, especially the last 12 months she's been through so much for someone so young, but she's still standing and smiling and going strong and I just admire that spirit.
I ran out to buy IE the morning it was released too (on my way to uni) too, Ellie!

I love that most about her too. I'm awe-inspired by the was she's handled herself these past 12 months aswell. She've proven to everyone, including herself, that she's capable of anything and more. She's not your run-of-the-mill whingey, false celebrity. She's genuinely talented, and a genuinely beautiful person, inside and out.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 08-14-2004, 06:35 AM
Supreme Fan

Re: When did you first notice Delta?

Quote:
Delta has a lot of fans, so I'm just curious, what is that made you sit up and take notice of her? What is it that made you like her and what do you love about her?
If you don't remember that, I'm very disappointed

It was Ellie who kept talking about her and how great she is. I thought, what the heck, send me a song and she did. I LOVED it. It all went from there. Thanks to Ellie, I even own the DVD and the Jeans for Genes badge
Old 08-14-2004, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Re: Re: When did you first notice Delta?

Quote:
Originally posted by **Susie**
If you don't remember that, I'm very disappointed

It was Ellie who kept talking about her and how great she is. I thought, what the heck, send me a song and she did. I LOVED it. It all went from there. Thanks to Ellie, I even own the DVD and the Jeans for Genes badge
Of course I remember! I'm keeping track of the people I've converted

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*

I ran out to buy IE the morning it was released too (on my way to uni) too, Ellie!

I love that most about her too. I'm awe-inspired by the was she's handled herself these past 12 months aswell. She've proven to everyone, including herself, that she's capable of anything and more. She's not your run-of-the-mill whingey, false celebrity. She's genuinely talented, and a genuinely beautiful person, inside and out.

Aww, I loved reading that Kat, I always like hearing how people came to love her! And too bad you didn't get a copy of IDC! The prices they go for these days..whoa.

Who cares about Uni, Delta is more important!

I totally agree there, she comes across as so genuine, I just love that about her.
Old 08-14-2004, 06:42 AM
Supreme Fan

Re: Re: Re: When did you first notice Delta?

Quote:
Of course I remember! I'm keeping track of the people I've converted
I should do that with Patrick, but that's another story. Bet you've got a few people on that list, eh?
Old 08-14-2004, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Re: Re: Re: Re: When did you first notice Delta?

Quote:
Originally posted by **Susie**
I should do that with Patrick, but that's another story. Bet you've got a few people on that list, eh?
Hee, yes a few! And then others have been converted through them..and so the delta force is just spreading!
Old 08-14-2004, 07:14 AM
Loyal Fan

I've never watched Neighbours, so the first time I heard of Delta was on the radio with BTT. Not only was I interested in her music, but the modesty and humbleness she portrayed through magazines articles and interviews caught my attention. She wasn't another one of those 'look at me' tarty dressing popstars. And also how she started out in the music biz, then made the transition to being a soap actress made her different to everyone else once again.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

Re: Re: Re: When did you first notice Delta?

Quote:

Aww, I loved reading that Kat, I always like hearing how people came to love her! And too bad you didn't get a copy of IDC! The prices they go for these days..whoa.

Who cares about Uni, Delta is more important!

I totally agree there, she comes across as so genuine, I just love that about her.
I'm pleased it didn't bore you to death, Ellie!
I love reading those sorts of stories too. Ahh, I reckon. I loved the song, but waited around in hopes of a forthcoming album. Only then, I wasn't to know I'd be waiting a few years...

Damn straight. That's why I'm here right now, and ignoring my mounting workload.

Indeed. I've never encountered a more genuine celeb. She's just so personable. She made everyone feel so at ease at the Chadstone instore. She was more concerend about my friend and I having to wait so long in the lines, than the fact her hand was probably ready to drop off from signing one CD too many!

Sounds like you've done a mighty fine job of converting your overseas friends!

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 08-14-2004, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Re: Re: Re: Re: When did you first notice Delta?

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
I'm pleased it didn't bore you to death, Ellie!
I love reading those sorts of stories too. Ahh, I reckon. I loved the song, but waited around in hopes of a forthcoming album. Only then, I wasn't to know I'd be waiting a few years...

Indeed. I've never encountered a more genuine celeb. She's just so personable. She made everyone feel so at ease at the Chadstone instore. She was more concerend about my friend and I having to wait so long in the lines, than the fact her hand was probably ready to drop off from signing one CD too many!
Definitely not bored at all!

And good thing you didn't hold your breath waiting for that album then!

See, i love hearing things like that, when she so concerned about everone else and all that. She seems so down to earth and genunie, it's great to see.

Quote:
She wasn't another one of those 'look at me' tarty dressing popstars. And also how she started out in the music biz, then made the transition to being a soap actress made her different to everyone else once again.
So agree there..I like the fact that she doesn't try to sex things up to sell albums or what not. She's just herself and it has paid off.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I first saw her on "Neighbours"...at the start I hated the character, Nina but later I got to like her
So I guess I was a Delta fan for her music then Neighbours
Old 08-14-2004, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think everyone on the dg thread knows this but alright,

I noticed her when she released the dreaded pop track I Don't Care. Only I noticed her because I thought she was horridly poptastic and liked jibbing her with my friends.

Then some girl with a really beautiful voice got my attention on Neighbours and the rest is history.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

Evie, I was kinda the same. I remember seeing the vid for I Don't Care on Video Hits and kinda rolled my eyes at this new wannabe pop-starlet.

Then a couple years later I saw her on Neighbours and was like, "OMG, it's that chick who had that song with the clip with the guy who's in the Maccas ads!" (dude from the IDC clip was in those "Things That Make You Go Mmmmm" ads)

Yes, anyway, I was actually quite amazed at how talented she was, because I hadn't thought IDC was anything that great when I'd heard it. So when she started releasing more songs, and I realised she could actually write, and play piano and all that good stuff, I happily admitted that my original opinion of her had been wrong. Not just some wannabe pop-starlet afterall. Actually an amazingly talented musician/singer/songwriter.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

I found out about her from my Aussie friends on the GG board. They kept going on and on about how great this girl is. So I decided to check out a few of her songs and i was just like "woah!!". So I finally was able to get her cd (the one that comes with a dvd) in February of this year while I was on holiday. And it was released here in Canada a couple of months ago.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I kind of remebered the clip for "I Don't Care"

But of course it was Neighbours and her then dating Blair was when I noticed Delta.