Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-22-2007, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What do you have in common with Delta?

So we know Delta's basically one of the most down to earth celebrities around, in saying that, what attributes do you identify in Delta that you see in yourself?
Old 01-22-2007, 08:02 AM
Master Fan

Interesting question! I'd be so bold as to assume its the common passions, concerns and interests that draw fans to an artist so I'm sure there are numerous points of indentification between Delta and ourselves.

For me, there are so many attributes in Delta that I admire and strive to adopt in myself; selflessness, bravery, patience, positivity & poise to name a few. I can definitely relate to Delta by manner of determination, creativity, and perfectionist-complex. I don't like to give in easily if I'm passionate about something, I love the boundless freedom and beauty of artistic expression and I can be obsessive compulsive and very particular in the way I assess and analyse things.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 01-22-2007, 08:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD* (View Post)
I love the boundless freedom and beauty of artistic expression and I can be obsessive compulsive and very particular in the way I assess and analyse things.
I'm with you there!

Hmm...this is a thought-provoking question. I suppose one of the things that I've seen in Delta and can identify with is her determination. Delta's gone through downfalls, but she's continued moving forward with renewed confidence. I've always wondered whether her parents or any other immediate member of her family ever voiced concerns about her going into the entertainment biz. It's obvious how talented she is, but I can see how they may have been cautious of her going down a risky route in the beginning. I know I've had people tell me that the odds of becoming a published writer aren't good, but hearing that doubt only makes me even more determined to prove them wrong.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Uhm...

Just like Delta, I'm hopeless with numbers
I'm not good at being around too many people but I think of myself as a friendly person.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Master Fan

Hopeless with numbers?
Old 01-22-2007, 08:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

as in not good at Maths
Delta said that to Josh in Visualise tour after he said he works for a bank
I'm random
Old 01-22-2007, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

Ohhh okay! Thanks for clearing that up, I didn't know she had said that. That's cute.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

On the other end of things I think shopping and chocolate is what Delta and I have in common. Oh and our love for high heels
Old 01-24-2007, 05:35 PM
Master Fan

I'm sure Soraya would also agree on the chocolate one!
Old 01-24-2007, 06:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*bitterswt*~ (View Post)
I'm sure Soraya would also agree on the chocolate one!
Your perspicacity will never cease to amaze me, Kay!
Old 01-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Master Fan

Who doesn't love chocolate?
Old 01-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Loyal Fan

I have met someone recently who is actually mortally allergic to chocolate. The irony of it is that he is actually the colour of chocolate. It made me think a lot. I doubt he could fully measure the extent of my empathy, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*bitterswt*~
I know I've had people tell me that the odds of becoming a published writer aren't good, but hearing that doubt only makes me even more determined to prove them wrong
That is a very admirable personality trait, Kay. Never lose it!

Kat, I can definitely see those attributes in you. I suspect they are more inherent to your personality than you seem to think.

I am finding it hard to relate to any of Delta's qualities myself, but if I had to choose one, it would have to be her perfectionist complex. Mostly because of my obsession for sentence-by-sentence perfection when I write essays, and the fact that I don't get any satisfaction from the work I do inspite of the effort I put into it. What can I do? It's just never good enough!

Delta's hopelessness with numbers is something that I find very endearing. The same goes for J.K Rowling and the fact she never got her driving license.

Last edited by Peppermint1; 01-24-2007 at 07:17 PM
Old 01-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

Allergic to chocolate? Oh no!

Thanks Soraya!

You know...I can relate to what you've said about not getting complete satisfaction. I don't think I'm ever fully satisfied with anything I write, I always think that I can go back and fix things, there's always room to make things better.

Jo never got her driving license?
Old 01-24-2007, 07:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*bitterswt*~ (View Post)
Allergic to chocolate? Oh no!

Thanks Soraya!

You know...I can relate to what you've said about not getting complete satisfaction. I don't think I'm ever fully satisfied with anything I write, I always think that I can go back and fix things, there's always room to make things better.

Jo never got her driving license?

Alas, yes! Such a cruel unjust world we live in.

I suspected you would! Although I am sure you do a better job than me at keeping it at a healthy and productive level!

It was in the Tatler issue.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

Oh, I wish I could keep it at a healthy and productive level.

That was one of my favourite interviews with her, I can't believe I don't remember her mentioning that. Maybe I was distracted by the pictures?

And here's something that Delta's said about writing that I feel I can really relate to:
"When you are upset about a situation, you just write from the heart. Even when you're writing it, it hurts, but you just write. You realise you love the phrases and just decide to keep going with it.".