Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mistaken Identity.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:04 AM
Master Fan

Still listening to ALTL lots. I've also developed a renewed appreciation for Sanctuary too! Her soaring vocals are really wonderful on that track. Likewise on Miscommunication and OOTB.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 05-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hm, I'm gonna have to listen me some Sanctuary to try and hear what you hear.

Visualise. I have a newfound appreciation for this.. it's a bit boring to start with but it gets better. It's hard for me to like songs like this though, because I change songs almost immediately if the first few seconds don't catch me. :/
Old 05-13-2005, 08:33 AM
Loyal Fan

How A Dream looks manages to soothe me when I'm edgy. But if I listen to Electric Storm right after, I get tense again. Delta's music holds a strange power over me.

*singing the X-Files theme*
Old 05-13-2005, 08:49 AM
Elite Fan

Hee, I know what you mean! I was listening to ALTL and MI today while I was walking through a beautiful park thats not far from my house, that I didn't even know existed! The sun was shining and everything was great!

Then my iPod switched to Brian and Sorry Love Daddy came on, which is such a depressing song. The sun even went in! It was very movie-style!
Old 05-13-2005, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, Delta & Brian control the weather.. how powerful are they!

I can't say Delta's music has any effect on my moods and / or the weather. I just reallllly like it. [so I guess then, the music does have an effect on me.. just not as much as it does on you both. ]
Old 05-15-2005, 03:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie
Hm, I'm gonna have to listen me some Sanctuary to try and hear what you hear.

Visualise. I have a newfound appreciation for this.. it's a bit boring to start with but it gets better. It's hard for me to like songs like this though, because I change songs almost immediately if the first few seconds don't catch me. :/
Do You Hear What I Hear? Tehee! I couldn't resist using that pun.

Sometimes you get songs that don't really rev up till the end - like Lifehouse's Everything. It's a six minute song that's rather subdued but totally changes pace and mood in the last two minutes. As a result, I came to appreciate the build up. But I understand what you mean with Visualise; it's rather anti climatic, like HADL. I find it the most calming of any Delta track because of that though. I preferred it to Beautiful Madness to begin with. My appreciation for BM has since grown, but there's something so effectively unique about Visualise that I've always loved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
I was listening to ALTL and MI today while I was walking through a beautiful park thats not far from my house, that I didn't even know existed! The sun was shining and everything was great!

Then my iPod switched to Brian and Sorry Love Daddy came on, which is such a depressing song. The sun even went in! It was very movie-style!
That's pretty cool! My best friend and I always call those Truman Show moments.

icon by *Evie
Old 05-16-2005, 10:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie
Wow, Delta & Brian control the weather.. how powerful are they!

I can't say Delta's music has any effect on my moods and / or the weather. I just reallllly like it. [so I guess then, the music does have an effect on me.. just not as much as it does on you both. ]
Which is basically code for "you two are nuts", right? I'm sure it was just a coincidence though - I can't say I've noticed any weather coincidences with Delta's music before!
Old 05-28-2005, 05:53 AM
Master Fan

I've been giving my Innocent Eyes album a good work out again this week! I'm back into BTT, IE, Predictable, Butterfly, and Longer in a big way and getting *so* excited for live perfs of those tracks on tour!

icon by *Evie
Old 05-28-2005, 06:23 AM
Master Fan

Butterfly.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:08 AM
Elite Fan

Turn You Away.

I'm having a b-sides fest since I can't listen to the two new b-sides til my copy of the single comes! *g*
Old 05-29-2005, 11:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
I'm having a b-sides fest since I can't listen to the two new b-sides til my copy of the single comes! *g*
Unless the b-sides mysteriously make their way to you before that time.

I'm listening to (and loving) the new b-sides! My appreciation for If I Forget is growing. I haven't given it much of a go yet though, seeing as I'm still unhealthily obsessed with The Riddle! The piano solo is spectacular. I really hope she performs this one on tour!

icon by *Evie
Old 05-30-2005, 02:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
Unless the b-sides mysteriously make their way to you before that time.

I'm listening to (and loving) the new b-sides! My appreciation for If I Forget is growing. I haven't given it much of a go yet though, seeing as I'm still unhealthily obsessed with The Riddle! The piano solo is spectacular. I really hope she performs this one on tour!
I don't know why, my intuition tells me they did ! Talk about a Mystery! I love them as well. Such a shame I have to spend the week revising, I feel like I haven't had a proper Delta listening session for ages ! *frustrated*

I also have a feeling If I Forget is inspired by a certain Irish crooner whose name I won't divulge.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:24 AM
Elite Fan

Yes ... indeed! How mysterious!

I've got the radio on, but I had IIF and The Riddle on repeat last night so I could give them both a fair hearing! Loving them both!

I'll go and edit them into the FAQ, actually, while I think about it!
Old 06-02-2005, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppermint1
Such a shame I have to spend the week revising, I feel like I haven't had a proper Delta listening session for ages ! *frustrated*

I also have a feeling If I Forget is inspired by a certain Irish crooner whose name I won't divulge.
I've found that the b-sides made excellent study music over the past few days! You're probably wise to study in silence though, Soraya. Music is comforting, but silence gets things done a whole lot quicker! Good luck again with your revision!

Ah, who else? I have a feeling the angstiness of The Riddle is a response to the media aswell.

I don't think I want to divulge my play counts for the b-sides. It's too worthy!

icon by *Evie