Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2017, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

That is true
Old 04-22-2017, 03:23 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That's more reason why they can't do it I guess

I wonder if they'll bring it up on the show though. Its a while before we'll get to the lives I'd presume & by then it'd probably be old news

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-24-2017, 05:42 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I decided against sitting through the episode last night, going to watch it now

They opened with a performance from that special performance. As always the music is too loud to hear them singing I have no idea what Delta was singing in her solo bit & even less when she was singing with the boys (same with Kelly)

About Seal "he's the only undefeated coach" - that's only because he only was on it for 2 seasons

They said Delta's back for her 6th season & called her Australian music royalty Technically she's only done 5 The Voice seasons but still like that

Of course Beyonce's name gets dropped while talking about Destiny's Child in Kelly's background

Boy George: "Don't argue with the princess of Australia, or the Queen of England" (he's talking about Delta & himself there)

Delta & Seal have a friendly rivalry, just having fun with each other, but I'm sure it'll be turned into something more

The 3rd artists only had Delta & Kelly turn. They both said the other had great pitches - it was really nice to watch

There was a woman who had a good voice but was probably singing a song too high for her so no one turned. She said her daughter loves Delta so Delta told her to come out & hugged her & took a photo with them all. I think just having her daughter meet Delta (who is her singing idol) was an amazing experience for her. Hopefully she takes on the advice of Kelly & Boy George & tries again on another season as she had a good voice it just wasn't the right song for her

I actually quite like hearing them talk to the people who don't get through, they're always so nice & encouraging. One of them sang Piece by Piece which was awful for me to hear . Poor Kelly didn't like it when they had people they didn't turn for she was talking to Delta & Seal about it & Delta said some sort of encouraging words for her but it was basically that there wasn't really anything more you could do than what they were & that it'll hurt

Someone is singing a Destiny Child's song - Say My Name. That could be worth watching for Kelly & Delta's dancing - just wish we could have a camera on them the whole time. Kelly walked around & told Seal to press the button If you can watch it I think you'd like to watch that bit. Oh & there' a hug between Delta & Kelly. Then of course there's an ad break before we get the fight over her Kelly sings a little with her (while Delta's still dancing). Kelly stole the show, if you can watch it do it! She didn't even let the other coaches fight for her - then Boy George wouldn't let them walk off. Delta didn't are, she supported it & walked them off

(There was an ad for the perfume & I've decided I like to watch Delta playing the piano. Also they also said Kelly will be on 60 Minutes on Sunday - want me to watch that & tell you about it & tell you if I think its worth seeing if you can find it online?)

Someone did a good job playing the piano after a few months, self taught Delta was amazed by that, so was Seal but I care more for Delta I like the honesty this contestant has but Team Boy George so no fun

No one on Delta's team yet

Looks like Kelly & Delta are good friends on there! Much better than what they were doing with Jesse & Delta & putting them against each other

Tonight is the one with the rose bit

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-25-2017, 02:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved reading your comments I wasn't planning on watching this season but after reading some of the things you said I'll probably at least watch the Say My Name performance.

Also, I'm not surprised they mentioned Beyoncé

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoflifexx (View Post)
Delta & Seal have a friendly rivalry, just having fun with each other, but I'm sure it'll be turned into something more
I saw Seal tweeting something along the lines of ''I'm going to steal your crown'' and I hate that they're making it a competition between the coaches..

Quote:
(There was an ad for the perfume & I've decided I like to watch Delta playing the piano. Also they also said Kelly will be on 60 Minutes on Sunday - want me to watch that & tell you about it & tell you if I think its worth seeing if you can find it online?)
I can just track it down later but if you don't mind watching it that would be great

Quote:
Looks like Kelly & Delta are good friends on there! Much better than what they were doing with Jesse & Delta & putting them against each other
Aw that makes me so happy They both seem like really nice people so I'm not really surprised but it's still great to hear.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:39 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah I didn't think you'd be planning on watching but I think you should at least watch that bit

Yeah Seal & Delta are having a rivalry but to me it just looks like its all in good fun but it'll be made into something more

I don't know Kelly really but she seems amazing to me just from that one episode. Not at all surprised by their bonding from that but do love that they are bonding & being all friendly together

Tonight they didn't name drop Beyonce while talking about Kelly! They are now because the first contestant sang a Beyonce song but nice to have them just saying she was in Destiny's Child & not name dropping Beyonce too in her intro. I don't care what they later then do to try get someone to join a team. Anyway I'm not watching tonight, I just haven't changed the channel so I'll comment on the ep tomorrow when I do

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-25-2017, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just watched it and that was pretty amazing I don't know if this song really suited the girl's voice, but I did like her version. On the other hand I'm really used to Destiny's Child singing this song, and even if they have different versions live, I think they sing it with a lot more passion/energy but oh well

I love that Kelly and Delta were dancing, and Kelly trying to get Seal to turn around was great And of course it was amazing that she wanted to sing with her
Old 04-25-2017, 03:49 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I knew you'd love watching that bit I don't know if I know the original song but I do agree with what you were saying - you could see a difference just between her singing & Kelly singing. Kelly had way more confidence though so that may have been it

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-25-2017, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

That makes sense, and the song came out about 18 years ago. Kelly has performed it many times since then, so of course it's easier for her
Old 04-25-2017, 11:43 PM
Graphics Team Manager

It would be, especially after that much time

Boy George wouldn't let Delta talk & Kelly interrupted him & told him to let her talk . I would have loved it if the contestant went with Delta since she had been given the limited amount to talk because Boy George kept talking but he went with Boy George (which seemed the best fit)

Is it no wonder they're pitting them together if they're getting them to do things like this?
Delta: "I love the taste of winning on this show. I would not be back in season six if I didn't want to equal Seal's title two."
Seal: "Delta is the reining champion but I can't lose sight of why I'm here; to guide my team to win."
Delta: "He is surely mistaken. I came back to hold onto my crown."
Seal: "Delta is on a winning streak. Do I think she'll keep it? I don't. Somebody on my team will make sure that that doesn't happen."
Delta: "Absolutely I want to win this season. I want my artists to walk away with the trophy. I'm not letting Seal walk away with another one."
That was just a little bit where they've got the coaches randomly talking, not a part of the actual blinds. They were laughing through it, so clearly joking around, but really? Shouldn't it be more about the artists than the coaches & winning? I really don't think either Delta or Seal actually are there for the winning & are actually there to guide their teams.

Delta was just dancing along & enjoying herself to one of the contestants - she was the only one turned around & at the end she goes up & hugs & kisses the guy on the cheek. She then turns around to see Seal turned around at the last minute. That'd be why they just put that little bit on. Interesting, the guy I think used to play some kind of sport, & Delta just said she needed to see a video replay to find out if Seal turned around in time . I don't know if that's just because Delta knows sport or if a part of her knows who the guy is. Oh so this is the guy Delta gets the rose from - he brought it in hope that she'd turn around & really wanted her . Then she goes & does silly things with it. She waves it at him, sticks it in her mouth so if you want to see Delta being silly watch that one (ok so you'll need more information than that to watch but I don't think you'd really want to?)

There's a teenager singing Sia's Chandelier & she's amazing When she was talking it sounded like she said she wrote a song which people can buy to raise money to support returning soldiers after her father has suffered from PTSD from his experience. Somehow only got a 3 chair turn but I think Boy George just wouldn't suit her & knew it. He said he didn't know why he didn't, it just didn't connect. She went with Kelly

Delta: "Have you tried Vegemite yet?"
Kelly: "I can't do it.
Delta: "No?"
Kelly: "I tried."
Delta: "Not with like lots of butter?"
Kelly: "I tried, it didn't work."
Delta: "That's ok."
Kelly: "Do you do it?"
Delta: "Everyday"

I don't even know what that was but it was cute. I guess what else do you talk about while waiting between contestants

Someone sang an Aussie song (just after that bit was shown) & I think that left three coaches at a loss as only Delta seemed to know the song - & the audience. At least Boy George admitted to feeling that way. The contestant is also a sheep shearer & Delta had to explain what that was. It was amusing - I do love that Delta's there to translate Australia for these international coaches . I don't know if I can explain this properly but when he said the location it was funny sounding & he then made a joke of it saying it is near other funny sounding places (which we do here as we have a few funny sounding town names) which again went over everyone but Delta's head. She enjoyed it though. After Boy George & Kelly are talking about how they like Australia & we're all really nice & there's a warmth here (Delta's just smiling/laughing at them) & they think they might move here. Kelly then said if someone keeps acting the way they do in the States she might have to Boy George then told her not to get political . That's another entertaining moment but I don't know if it'd be as entertaining for you?

A contestant who was on last year on Jesse's team but got knocked out in the Battles sang a Jesse J song last year & got Jesse, now is singing a Seal song in hope of getting him. As soon as Delta turned around she recognised her. At the last second Seal turned around, while everyone else had turned around ages before. Confusing Boy George & Kelly, Delta went up & hugged her & said she was proud of her. They were both questioning how/if they know each other . The contestant mentioned her throat was sore & Kelly brought her a glass of water The ads made a big deal about this - making it seem like Seal got upset over her singing the song, but he didn't. He was being nice to her & complimenting her. She went with Delta I didn't expect that at all - especially since she wanted Seal. Guess she had the right pitch but she could have been good on any of the teams. Seal didn't look happy about her decision but you get that

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-27-2017, 01:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sounds like an interesting episode
Old 04-27-2017, 01:46 AM
Graphics Team Manager

it was - i mainly like the Vegemite bit though

I'm not sure if I want to watch last nights tonight or take a break & watch it tomorrow

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-27-2017, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Did you end up watching it?
Old 04-28-2017, 02:37 AM
Graphics Team Manager

No, SVU was on last night so I decided to watch a DVD & then it instead. I'll watch The Voice now

(I'll either edit this post or respond with comments, depending on if you've responded or not)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-28-2017, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, I hope you enjoy it
Old 04-28-2017, 03:58 AM
Graphics Team Manager

hm the first artist had an interesting, unique, haunting even, voice - it was really pretty. I'm surprised she only got two to turn - & it was Boy George & Kelly. I would have expected at least Seal to turn. No idea what that was about as they just sat quietly, didn't say anything. Delta was touched by it, you could see that. I think they were happy to just leave her with the other two though

Kelly was 14 in Destiny's Child? wow

Someone is singing I Believe In a Thing Called Love & I knew I recognised the song from somewhere but he's rocking out to it so I didn't know why . Delta's enjoying herself, they keep showing her dancing & singing along. I wasn't sure before if I'd heard the original before but now I'm positive I haven't & I don't know that I want to. After hearing Delta's version I can't imagine it the other way around, it just isn't sitting right to me. Which I guess was what Delta was feeling when her brother asked her to sing it at his wedding, just the other way around. But she did an amazing job with it, turning it into a ballad (anyway if you're wondering the guy didn't get through, Delta's just interesting & spoke a little about how she'd sung the song for her brother)

Kelly regretted turning for someone & started banging her head on the button - it upset Delta a little. She didn't want her to keep doing it. She told Boy George to shut up before & he told her "not in this lifetime" . The contestant picked Delta & said she grew up on her music & the first song she ever sang was Born To Try I like to hear something like that (can't complain that they then played that song then )

More compliments for Delta the contestant then picked Seal but he still said nice things about her

oops mistake for a song artist. One of the contestants is singing Safe & Sound which is one of the songs Taylor Swift sang for the Hunger Games soundtrack. The song has Taylor on the main vocals with The Civil Wars as the background but instead it came up & said The Civil Wars feat. Taylor Swift. (even when you look the song up it comes up as a Taylor Swift song) So next time I listen to the song I'll remember to hear The Civil Wars singing all the lyrics instead of Taylor . The contestant has a similar sound to Taylor's on the song. Its got fragility to it which suits the song but I don't know that she really made it her own? idk I've got another version of the song as Megan Hilty (one of the singers/actors from Smash) recorded it & I can tell she's made it her own & I don't think its ever like Taylor's. Not that it matters, she's still got a nice voice

Boy George doesn't like how honest Seal is. He interrupted him because Seal was giving some honest feedback/constructive criticism to someone who just wasn't there yet in as nicest of a way as he could. He wanted to give her something more positive to leave with. Now they're going to have a battle & be feuding I'm going to presume this again is more Nine's advertising than an actual feud

The last singer had Seal turn around almost straight away, & then Delta not long after. She's got an amazing voice Plus she's singing I Can't Make You Love Me which I love Four chair turn & standing ovation

Ok so Seal didn't let Boy George pitch properly for this last person but no feud between them, some of what they advertised was between them wasn't. Boy George didn't even say anything about Seal not letting him finish when he then didn't get to finish (Seal said he could when he was finished but he didn't). Nine just wants to get viewers & make something out of nothing. But we've had it before - when Seal's really passionate about someone he really tries to get them

Seal & Delta have 3 so far, Kelly has 4, while Boy George has 5

oh good next week the coaches are going to war - wonder how true that is maybe next week I'll go to war with channel Nine

Chelle » join GTmy art