Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-17-2006, 03:09 AM
Elite Fan

Together We Are One single discussion

Not that there's a lot to discuss after the fact, but I'd like to keep the thread anyway!

My copy came on Saturday
Old 04-17-2006, 04:31 AM
Master Fan

I think there's some discussion left on TWAO yet! Thanks for thinking to re-start this one, Rach! And good to hear your single has arrived.

TWAO made a commendable debut at #2 on last week's ARIA charts! Inches from another #1 but still, gotta be proud of that. It's since dropped to #4 this week, but is still very much in the top 5. There's bound to be some momentum left in it.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 04-18-2006, 12:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Most of our top 5 [from the last 2 weeks] is made up of one-hit wonder type songs, so that makes it a bit disappointing, but..so close. I know she'll be happy with it though. And #2 [&#4] aint too shabby for a single that wasn't even supposed to be released in the first place.

I heard the Sterling remix the other night. Tis nothing memorable, no where near as good as the BTT remix. It's kinda weird, like if you hadn't heard it before you'd be confused as to if it's meant to be fast or slow.

And I saw the video! It's great. Makes me all proud of the Aussie sports people from the comm games. It's put together very well. No new footage of Delta in that though. It's everything you saw from the comm games perf. with the sports footage woven in over every non-Delta scene in the clip.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:54 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I was thinking that too. The top 10 charts are a complete joke most of the time. The simple knowledge of the petition would have been the high point of this release for her. It was a true reflection of its popularity even before it hit the charts.

Oh, interesting! I haven't heard it (unsurprisingly, since I haven't listened to the radio). I'm kind of intrigued now that you've described it as fast and slow though.

I saw the vid too! It thought it seemed exactly like the performance with the sports footage intermingled. It worked well to gauge the interest of sporting fans.

icon by *Evie
Old 04-19-2006, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

I hate dance remixes in general, but I'm interested to hear a remix of TWAO, I can't imagine how it would sound!
Old 04-22-2006, 01:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TWAO Sterling remix is here!

I don't hate it.. in fact it's kind of lovely to have something newish to listen to! Nothing beats the original though.

Last edited by Evie; 04-22-2006 at 01:13 AM
Old 04-22-2006, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for directing out attention to the Serling Remix, Eves! You weren't kidding when you said it was confusing. It's out of sync in a weird way. I'm not a fan of remixed ballads at all, and while I can live with this one 'cause it's Delta, I'm not really feeling it the way I did the BTT Graham Stack remix. Hopefully it'll grow on me though! It is always nice to have something new to listen to.

I find the part where the choir comes in on its own hilarious for some reason. They sound roboticised!

icon by *Evie
Old 04-22-2006, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No probs Kat.

I think it's cos it was just slapped together for its rushed released. That said, i couldn't do any better [I'd love to try though ].

Hehehe, I thought it was weird how Delta just pops into that bit out of nowhere. It's her song afterall, but the choir's so prominent, it's odd when her soft vocals come in over them after having them sing on their own for that teeny bit.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:53 AM
Master Fan

I think you're definitely right there, Eves. It's the only explanation for it! I couldn't have done any better either, so I guess I'll have to live with it.

Yeah! It's a quirky vocal exchange, that's for sure. It has grown on me a bit this week, as far as something different goes. It'd be a a waste of time if the track sounded too similar to the original edit or had a bland techno beat all the way through, so I guess it's good to spice the remixes up in more adventurous ways.

icon by *Evie
Old 05-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TWAO slipped again, but I guess it's not so bad cos it was only bumped by ne-yo and the new shannon song, so basically it's still getting steady sales... that's somethng eh! I retract my previous statement about the crapness of our charts.. the top 7's not so bad atm. minus forever young & flaunt it for me, that is.

Just ot, who originally sings forever young? I googled it and Bob Dylan & Rod Stewart came up. I can't picture either of them singng it though.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

Good to hear it hasn't been knocked out of the top 10 this far on! Great to think it's still making steady sales too. I'm still not keen on much of the Top 10 I'm afraid. Love Westlife, of course. Flaunt It is a hilarious novelty. Forever Young's okay. I don't get the major appeal (apart from the fact it's now affiliated with The O.C.). Alphaville is best known for the original Forever Young. It's the synth pop one you probably recall from the 80s. You'd be glad that Rhianna's claimed the number 1 spot, hey?

icon by *Evie
Old 05-05-2006, 05:58 PM
Elite Fan

I was talking to my friend in Texas while she was watching American Idol on Wednesday, and she said that they sang TWAO. I'm downloading it at the moment and then I'm going to make a clip
Old 05-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Errrrr. That American Idol rendition was a bit horrid. I hadn't heard any of their voices till now so that was interesting.

It didn't work as a group song and they weren't able to convey the emotion in the song. Also, what was up with the arrangement..

Paris did an awesome job with the "seek out the strength to win" bit, so perhaps she could have done a good job with TWAO on her own.

Click here to view it if you haven't already.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Elite Fan

Ooh, good, I don't have to bother. Because I really just want to delete it. I've never watched American Idol (I barely bother to watch the UK version, hee!) and I thought that was atrocious - I wasn't sure if I was just being Delta-biased or not, but... yeah. I didn't think any of them could sing, except maybe Paris, which is interesting considering most of the people I know hated her, heh.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had a peek at the american idol discussion thread & they don't seem to like her. Ah well.

Now how awesome would it have been if Carrie was in that group. I would have been terribly biased but whatever..

Heaps of people didn't like the song itself at idolforums, but what do you expect, it wasn't delivered the way it should be.

edit; forgot to reply to this before, but thanks for the forever young info Kat! re Rihanna: Totally.. I went to check how TWAO was going the other week, and was pleasantly surprised to see her at the top. I didn't even know it was released so that was lovely and deserved. All her songs are bloody catchy though, it's not surprising that she's doing well over here.

Last edited by Evie; 05-05-2006 at 09:23 PM