Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-27-2004, 06:15 PM
Elite Fan

Seems like the majority prefer her as a singer!
Old 08-28-2004, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *~*Rach*~*
Seems like the majority prefer her as a singer!
Yeah *thumbs_up*
Old 08-29-2004, 12:01 AM
Elite Fan

Whilst I could never honestly say I prefer her as an actress to a singer (I love her songs too much for that!!) I *do* genuinely think she's a talented actress.
Old 09-12-2004, 02:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

i saw the thread title and thought, what a non-issue. she is most definately a better singer. i never minded her acting until i really noticed it the other day when nina was coming on to jack. she's actually pretty bad. but it doesn't matter, the only reason she got into acting anyway was to further her music career for which it definately served its purpose. i will go see her movie however, but mainly because i've read the book.
Old 09-12-2004, 06:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Singing...she's mroe natural when she sings...

iconcredit
Old 09-12-2004, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ambato
she's actually pretty bad.
I don't know if I'd ever say that she's BAD, but then, I haven't seen her newest Neighbous episodes yet. Although I have noticed in the past that she does speak fast and a little unnaturally sometimes on Neighbours, thinking about it.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:37 AM
Master Fan

I look at it this way - so many soap actors get a foot in the door through modelling, without any real acting experience. Delta has worked to gain experience from an early age. She's also worked hard to develop those skills, and for that I think she has improved, and does a fine job as an actress.

I also think the rigid manner, babbly speech and mannerisms that Rach mentions are part and parcel of Nina. Her character has never been one who was sure of herself, and even in her final eps (when Nina was supposed to have blossomed and come to grips with her confidence issues) it was more feasible to deliver her lines with a little of her old self consciousness coming through IMO.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 09-28-2004, 09:55 AM
Elite Fan

I'm always defending Delta to people who groan and say "Oh, not another soapstar-turned-popstar..." I get so mad! I'm like "The difference here being that she was hired for Neighbours *because* she's a singer, not the other way around!"

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
I also think the rigid manner, babbly speech and mannerisms that Rach mentions are part and parcel of Nina. Her character has never been one who was sure of herself, and even in her final eps (when Nina was supposed to have blossomed and come to grips with her confidence issues) it was more feasible to deliver her lines with a little of her old self consciousness coming through IMO.
I think you're probably right I never thought I'd be analysing Neighbours characters in quite such detail!
Old 10-01-2004, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *~*Rach*~*
I'm always defending Delta to people who groan and say "Oh, not another soapstar-turned-popstar..." I get so mad! I'm like "The difference here being that she was hired for Neighbours *because* she's a singer, not the other way around!"
Most people don't know I had to tell my cousin the same thing too
Old 04-10-2005, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And now that HAA is out.... I still prefer her singing to acting.

I'd like to see Rach's opinion of her acting in the movie, if what Kat's saying is true [the rapid delivery of lines by Delta to represent Nina's albeit babbly unsure nature].

I've always seen her as a singer, and probably won't ever take her seriously as an actress because she's just so good at what she does. She's always going to say the music comes first so that's what I'll always be more interested in.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Definitely singing. I also thought she was pretty bad in Neighbours, but that may be because I think everyone is pretty bad in Neighbours . Haven't seen HAA yet so I can't judge her big screen acting, but singing seems to come much more naturally to her .
Old 04-11-2005, 08:50 AM
Elite Fan

If it doesn't get a proper release here, I'll be ordering the DVD as soon as it's released over there - hurrah for multiregion DVD players! I'll be sure to come back in here after I've seen it.

I was actually wondering if people think it would make more sense for this board to be in the Music category than the Female Celebs? Not that I'm saying we should get it changed, but it's just another slant on the topic. If you had to categorise her as one or the other, where would you put her?
Old 04-12-2005, 07:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
I never thought I'd be analysing Neighbours characters in quite such detail!
Me neither. It sure beats analysing literary characters though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie
I'd like to see Rach's opinion of her acting in the movie, if what Kat's saying is true [the rapid delivery of lines by Delta to represent Nina's albeit babbly unsure nature].

I've always seen her as a singer, and probably won't ever take her seriously as an actress because she's just so good at what she does. She's always going to say the music comes first so that's what I'll always be more interested in.
I stand by what I said too. Alison's lines were delivered at a self assured, slow pace. I remember you noting that she carried off those aloof, bordering on bitchy moments quite well. They weren't anything like Nina's brief stints of bitchiness, I didn't think. So I'd say she adapted to the new character quite successfully for what it was worth.

Me neither. I can't help but follow her music first and foremost 'cause that's where her passion and dedication lies. She's always re-iterating that. Not to mention that that's the aspect I can relate to and appreciate more significantly. Her music is an honest expression of who she is and that's what inspires and enlightens majority of her fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
I was actually wondering if people think it would make more sense for this board to be in the Music category than the Female Celebs? Not that I'm saying we should get it changed, but it's just another slant on the topic. If you had to categorise her as one or the other, where would you put her?
I remember Jerry bought this up when the board was categorised. It was the general opinion that Female Celebs was more fitting because she's an actress aswell and that elicits discussion(s) on that aspect of her career too. The fact we have have two Neighbours threads, a HAA thread, and this one leads me to believe we made the right decision staying in the Female Celebs category. I personally think of her as a musician in precedence, but as a means for catering to fans who may not share that opinion, I think a broader categorisation is more suitable. My thoughts haven't changed, but perhaps someone else's have..?

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 04-12-2005, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think her acting has improved a great deal since her acting days, obviously because she's gotten used to it.. I do remember her playing a great bitch on Neighbours.. [well, Jack'd be the only one to think she was a bitch..we'd say she was empowered, but whatevs ]

I was thinking about the categories thing too. Though she's not a full time actress or anything, it's something she does [we do have lengthy discussions about her various acting jobs] so you can't just discount her to solely being a musician [therefore schlobbing her into the music category].
Old 04-12-2005, 08:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
I remember Jerry bought this up when the board was categorised. It was the general opinion that Female Celebs was more fitting because she's an actress aswell and that elicits discussion(s) on that aspect of her career too. The fact we have have two Neighbours threads, a HAA thread, and this one leads me to believe we made the right decision staying in the Female Celebs category. I personally think of her as a musician in precedence, but as a means for catering to fans who may not share that opinion, I think a broader categorisation is more suitable. My thoughts haven't changed, but perhaps someone else's have..?
Hee, well see the only reason I thought about it was because when we were a temp board, I think it may have even been back before either of us was appointed and Mandy was still the mod, I asked on the mod board and Jerry told me that she would definitely be in the music category.

So I found it interesting (although not wrong!) when the board became permanent and landed here in the female celebs category, making it a question that I think about at random intervals when I've got nothing better to do! It mightn't have occurred to me at all, had I expected the board to end up in female celebs all along!