Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-26-2004, 04:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -ellie-
awww she does?! Yay! I love that our mum's love it too! And I don't think it's too noisy, it rocks!
Me too! I think it's just my mum. I mean she only likes stuff that are basically on a stable level of singing. Weird.

Rach, that is so funny! My mum works all day so I don't have anyone to annoy it with. Maybe my neighbours cuz I play it so loud.

Kat, damn them stations!! But I did hear it once today. I think staying on the one station is probably good. And speaking of her magical videos...

"You don't scare me." ~ Charlie to Claire
Old 09-26-2004, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *~*Rach*~*
she just has bad timing to always catch the same one!
That always happens to me!! I'll go ages without anyone coming in and when they do it just happens to be on Delta and they think I'm obsessed and *always* listening to her.

edit; wow. I can't wait for the video!! Thanks for the pic Rox!

lol. here we go.. ootb just started again.... ;P
Old 09-26-2004, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by roxygurl
Me too! I think it's just my mum. I mean she only likes stuff that are basically on a stable level of singing. Weird.
Ahh ok, but as long as she likes delta, that's all that matters!

Ooh...that piccie! I can't wait to see the video, from the sounds of things, and that little look, it's gonna be a great one!
Old 09-26-2004, 06:49 AM
Master Fan

I haven't heard that Westlife song, Rach, but I'll have to d/l it and compare them. I don't think it's a terrible thing though - Westlife have produced some good music. I'm not (too) ashamed to admit that.

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie
Aren't singles only bought from Monday counted towards aria charts? [and from big chain stores too..just randomly] That was how it was with LWY..I remember tons of people bought it on the Sunday but I think it will only count from Monday! I spose it's not much if you *do* buy it then, but if every Delta fan who buys it gets it on Sunday...

Yeah! I loved it..Sister got a bit sick of it though..;P I didn't tape it! I was in the car when it came on..I knew someone would tape it and put an mp3 of it up so eh..I probably would have stuffed up my settings anyway.

Ahahaha good work (re. the earphones)..you should still play it via the speakers and see what they do. Sob, I broke my cd player (just the cd part funnily enough) so I'll have to transfer everything to my ipod and go from there. Which is alright. I can still blast it on the stereo till I get it fixed hooray! ;P

You don't really think alike as she doesn't really like Delta as much anymore (the effect of me playing Delta all the time, sigh!]
Hmm, I didn't think of that, but you may be right! I'll try and hold out till the Monday then. That's interesting you point that out with LWY 'cause my instore signing was on the Sunday, and about 500 copies sold that day for everyone who lined up to get theirs signed. Surely JB would have submitted their sales. I sure hope they did!

I taped it off the radio, but figured I'd find it uploaded online. I did a search and voila! I was playing the mp3 about an hour after I heard it on radio.

Thankyou. Don't worry, I did still blast it through the speakers (even after they told me to quit it!). Sorry to hear about your CD player. It's a good thing you have your iPod as backup.

Aw, what's wrong with her? I guess being subjected to it involuntarily might have a not so positive effect after a while. Good thing we're voluntarily obsessed! :drool_spit:

I heard it once today too, Rox! On Nova. That shot is magical alright! Thanks for bringing it by. And here's another:

There are some scans of the greeny dress she wears in the beach scenes over at the News Thread too.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 09-26-2004, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*

Hmm, I didn't think of that, but you may be right! I'll try and hold out till the Monday then. That's interesting you point that out with LWY 'cause my instore signing was on the Sunday, and about 500 copies sold that day for everyone who lined up to get theirs signed. Surely JB would have submitted their sales. I sure hope they did!
You know, thinking about it, it would be pretty crazy if they didn't count sunday sales. If something is released on a Sunday a lot of die hard fans would go out and buy it. So there would be a LOT of sales. I just find it weird that they don't count, but I'll hold of till monday, just in case, because I want Delts to have another number one, but I'm sure she will!
Old 09-26-2004, 07:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
You know, thinking about it, it would be pretty crazy if they didn't count sunday sales. If something is released on a Sunday a lot of die hard fans would go out and buy it. So there would be a LOT of sales. I just find it weird that they don't count, but I'll hold of till monday, just in case, because I want Delts to have another number one, but I'm sure she will!
That's what I think too. If the CDs are stocked early and made available to the public, they should be counted and there should be no question about when they officially went on sale. The chart results aren't about when they went on sale, they're about how many got sold. I want my singles to count too, so I'll try and hold out for the extra day. It won't be so bad. We still have out trusty mp3, and we;ll hear the b-sides soon enough.

icon by *Evie
Old 09-26-2004, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That's what I think too. If the CDs are stocked early and made available to the public, they should be counted and there should be no question about when they officially went on sale. The chart results aren't about when they went on sale, they're about how many got sold. I want my singles to count too, so I'll try and hold out for the extra day. It won't be so bad. We still have out trusty mp3, and we;ll hear the b-sides soon enough.
Exactly. It's the number that matters, not when people bought them. It's just weird that they do that! But yes, I'm sure we can hold out 24 hours, well...maybe! I was going crazy enough waiting to hear OotB!
Old 09-26-2004, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
If the CDs are stocked early and made available to the public, they should be counted and there should be no question about when they officially went on sale.
The places that stock them on Sunday's are usually places like Big W and Target..They like to get in early knowing they'll make sales from er..impatient fans.

I hope this isn't the cover..:

Old 09-26-2004, 08:11 AM
Master Fan

I think it's weird too, Ellie. It's a pain that it's even an issue!

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie
The places that stock them on Sunday's are usually places like Big W and Target..They like to get in early knowing they'll make sales from er..impatient fans.

I hope this isn't the cover..:

If they're not going to be counted when those places have a tendency to order and stock them early, the manufacturers need to hold onto them till the early hours of the morning they're to be stocked IMO.

I hope not aswell! There's been some speculation as to whether it's just a filler till the actual cover is released. I guess we won't know for sure till we buy our copies.

icon by *Evie
Old 09-26-2004, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I hope not aswell! There's been some speculation as to whether it's just a filler till the actual cover is released. I guess we won't know for sure till we buy our copies.
I'm inclined to think that it's just a filler cover, just something they put on there for the cds to be sent to radio stations and all that. Since the album isn't finished yet, the video was just shot last week, maybe they haven't had time to do a shoot and figure out what picture to have on the cover and all that. I'm hoping so anyway! I want a pretty Delta pic!
Old 09-26-2004, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm inclined to think that it's just a filler cover, just something they put on there for the cds to be sent to radio stations and all that. Since the album isn't finished yet, the video was just shot last week, maybe they haven't had time to do a shoot and figure out what picture to have on the cover and all that. I'm hoping so anyway! I want a pretty Delta pic!
That makes a lot of sense actually, Ellie. There's a good chance they haven't organised which pic would be best for the cover. Or, if they have decided on the cover shot, and it's from the vid shoot, they're likey to be keeping it under wraps till the vid is actually released.

icon by *Evie
Old 09-26-2004, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That makes a lot of sense actually, Ellie. There's a good chance they haven't organised which pic would be best for the cover. Or, if they have decided on the cover shot, and it's from the vid shoot, they're likey to be keeping it under wraps till the vid is actually released.
Yeah, I'm thinking that there will be a pic when it does come out for purchase. And like you said, they might just want to keep things under wraps..give us all a big surprise when it comes out!
Old 09-26-2004, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've heard and I it.

Can't wait to see the video clip on Friday
Old 09-26-2004, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It could be the cover..Why would they go to the effort of blurring out the typeface to suit the text of OotB? If it was a filler they'd put a "Not Actual Cover Art" label over it like they did on the HMV site.. Maybe they're trying to get that real artisty-noneedtopimpthecdwithherpicture- type cover..?

I reckon that'd be good if they went with that cover. It's cool without overplaying the whole OMGDELTA'S BACK! type thing.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

I guess it could be the actual cover ... the promo CD for TIA that was sent to radio stations over here was a shot from the [V] performance, similar to the Predictable cover that you guys got. I guess that was because she wasn't well enough to film a video and stuff, and do a photoshoot for it, but even then they didn't have a blank cover.

I think the blank cover might be a conscious choice, like Evie said.

And I'm sure if it *is* the cover, we'll get pretty shots inside the sleeve, or on the CD or something