Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-26-2017, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

ONJ Biopic {Olivia Newton-John: Hopelessly Devoted to You} #1: "I think Delta is a great choice, she is wonderful." - Olivia

Olivia Newton-John Biopic

x
Shooting on the Olivia Newton-John bio-drama is set to begin on Monday December 12th -with Delta Goodrem in the plum role of Olivia Newton-John. The bio, which will join projects on Paul Hogan and Shane Warne on Seven in 2017, will be filmed in Victoria. In a statement FilmVic said, “The story of Olivia Newton-John will chart her remarkable path through one of the world’s toughest industries, and provide a glimpse into the extraordinary achievements of one of Australia’s most loved icons.” (x)
Old 01-27-2017, 12:09 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for starting

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-29-2017, 01:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome

I was searching on google for some info to put in the OP and realized how long Delta and Olivia have known each other by now.
Old 01-29-2017, 02:21 AM
Graphics Team Manager

how long has it been?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-29-2017, 02:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well they already knew each other in 2005 so at least since then, possibly longer.
Old 01-29-2017, 02:30 AM
Graphics Team Manager

wow that is a long time

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-09-2017, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

New pics:

source
Old 02-10-2017, 12:43 AM
Graphics Team Manager

oh wow that first one she looks more like Olivia than Delta I think

thanks for the pics

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-10-2017, 02:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was thinking the same, these pics remind me how much they look alike.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:13 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I've never thought about it or noticed it before but at least looking at some of those pictures I can see it

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-27-2017, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Nothing could ever compare to the one & only Olivia. One of the highlights of my life, to walk in the footsteps of my idol in this magnificent celebration of her journey. “Olivia Newton-John: Hopelessly Devoted To You” coming in 2018 ❤️
Old 10-27-2017, 04:54 PM
Graphics Team Manager

2018 now? I thought it was meant to be this year. Nice to have a year though. I'd guess it'd be early in the year as that's usually when these air but not sure if that'll conflict with Nine's advertising of The Voice so Seven may need to hold it back

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-28-2017, 05:49 PM
Graphics Team Manager

This guesses around when I'm thinking too or at the same time as The Voice. I wouldn't think they could do it at the same time though

Quote:
The lengthy-named Olivia Newton-John: Hopelessly Devoted to You will screen around Q2/Q3 starring Delta Goodrem, with George Xanthis, Todd Lasance and Robyn Malcolm. - x
That same article also has this:
Quote:
OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN: HOPELESSLY DEVOTED TO YOU

Delta Goodrem has amassed a multitude of achievements throughout her career to date, and now she will play a role very close to her heart, as she stars as Australian icon Olivia Newton-John in OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN: HOPELESSLY DEVOTED TO YOU – a two-part celebration which charts the Aussie sweetheart’s brilliant career and astonishing personal life Aged just 15, Olivia won a local television talent contest which propelled her to London on her first recording contract. She went on to become Australia’s most successful singer, selling an astounding 100 million albums internationally. The miniseries follows Olivia’s path to stardom from singing duets with best friend Pat Carroll, to her breakout single ‘I Honestly Love You’ reaching Number 1 in the US and international acclaim in her life-changing role of Sandy in the 1978 global smash-hit movie, Grease. Continued highs in Olivia’s music career and personal life are confronted by a sudden profusion of life challenges, with a cancer diagnosis the biggest trial of her character and determination. For more than five decades, Olivia has been “the one that we want”. This moving and uplifting tribute to her life, her loves, her family, her fight and her iconic songs, films and fashion will see Australians of all generations fall in love with Livvy all over again. OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN: HOPELESSLY DEVOTED TO YOU is produced by FremantleMedia with the assistance of Screen Australia and Film Victoria for Channel Seven.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-29-2017, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the article. I'm not surprised it won't be released until next year, it's been so quiet lately. I'm glad we at least have a title now, even if it is really long
Old 10-29-2017, 03:39 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Just Olivia's name is long, why'd they have to add more to it to make it even longer? But yeah it is nice to have a title now & a rough idea on when its likely to air

I questioned in the comments of that article if Seven has to wait until Delta's contract with Nine is over still & the response is that its unclear so perhaps she'll end up being on two channels at once

Chelle » join GTmy art