Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-12-2004, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
Aww, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it, Ellie! I didn't get to see it this weekend, but hopefully next!

Yeah, I was so looking forward to it 'cause I thought it looked pretty riveting too. It just wasn't at all what I was expecting. I guess that's bound to happen with thrillers every once in a while though.
Hopefully you'll get to see it next weekend! I think my next movie I see will be The Princess Diaries too. I think it's obvious by my choices that I like those sort of movies. But I love the first one and have heard lots of good things about the sequel, which is good considering half the time Disney sequels aren't that great at all.

Yeah, it really does look good, but I guess not. I think others had the same opinion too. I peeked at a thread somewhere else on it and no one thought it was great at all.
Old 09-12-2004, 03:32 PM
Elite Fan

I'm looking forward to seeing the second Princess Diaries, although I wasn't happy with the amount of plot they changed from the book! They had her dad DEAD in the film!

And they changed Lily and Michael's surnames ... I loved the shoutout that they had in the fourth book, though, where they mentioned a film of Mia's life that had been made and commented on how "They kids all spent loads of time on the roof of the school!" and "as if our school would let us on the roof"

Shaun of the Dead is absolutely fab, Kat, you should definitely watch out for it!
Old 09-13-2004, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -ellie-
Hopefully you'll get to see it next weekend! I think my next movie I see will be The Princess Diaries too. I think it's obvious by my choices that I like those sort of movies. But I love the first one and have heard lots of good things about the sequel, which is good considering half the time Disney sequels aren't that great at all.

Yeah, it really does look good, but I guess not. I think others had the same opinion too. I peeked at a thread somewhere else on it and no one thought it was great at all.
Ooh, I definitely wanna see The Princess Diaries: Royal Engagement too! The first one was so fun. Anne Hathaway is hilarious. I'm pleased to hear you've heard good reports on it. You're right, a good Disney sequel is hard to come by.

Oh good! Glad I'm not the only one who thought so.

Quote:
Originally posted by *~*Rach*~*
I'm looking forward to seeing the second Princess Diaries, although I wasn't happy with the amount of plot they changed from the book! They had her dad DEAD in the film!

And they changed Lily and Michael's surnames ... I loved the shoutout that they had in the fourth book, though, where they mentioned a film of Mia's life that had been made and commented on how "They kids all spent loads of time on the roof of the school!" and "as if our school would let us on the roof"

Shaun of the Dead is absolutely fab, Kat, you should definitely watch out for it!
Oh, that's really interesting that there's a lot to be gained from reading the book, Rach. I must read it next holiday break then!

I will definitely be keeping an eye out for SotD too. I love horror spoofs.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 09-14-2004, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

You should! I'd thought that the first Princess Diaries was based on the first book, but it's kind of a mish-mash of the first three. I downloaded the second movie last night and I've only watched the start, but it's only loosely based on the books. As in, none of the plot is the same, but the characters are. And that's all.

I'm a bit unsure what I think of that so far!

Still Anne Hathaway and Julie Andrews though!
Old 09-15-2004, 09:13 AM
Master Fan

New OT thread here!

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie