Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-14-2004, 05:40 AM
Master Fan

Mistaken Identity #1: New album!!!

So it's no secret that Delta's been hard at work writing and recording her new album in London. It's due out sometime toward the end of this year in Australia, and said to be a little darker and different due to her recent life experiences. I thought, while we're eagerly anticipating her follow up to the worldwise chart success of Innocent Eyes, I'd start a thread for speculation and discussion on what you hope to expect from Delta's second release. This would be a great place to post any news snippets or updates that come to hand. So feel free to jump in share your news and thoughts.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie

Last edited by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*; 10-06-2004 at 07:31 AM
Old 08-14-2004, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Here's a little article about the albums, slotted for a November release..I can't wait!

Quote:
Delta's second coming
By Christine Sams July 20, 2004

The Sun-Herald

Delta Goodrem will release her second album in November after recording several final tracks in Britain.

I bumped into the singer backstage at Party in the Park in London's Hyde Park and she revealed her excitement about recording and releasing new songs.

After describing her new-found level of energy something which is precious to the 19-year-old, given her battle with Hodgkin's disease Goodrem said her new CD was likely to be released within four months.

Not only has she been busy recording new tracks in London, Goodrem has also enjoyed a few local dance classes just for the fun of it.

The singer seemed very relaxed away from the intense media pressure in Australia, and admitted she has enjoyed taking time out overseas.

Interestingly, mum Lea Goodrem who has accompanied Goodrem to the US and Britain in the past few months has returned to Australia. Goodrem is spending time in London with her boyfriend, Mark Philippoussis, but is also focusing on finalising her new songs.

Goodrem went backstage at Party in the Park to meet up with Darren Hayes, who performed three songs at the high-profile event including his brilliant new tongue-in-cheek single, Popular. (The track is already being played on radio in Australia, despite not being on sale in record stores yet. Be on the lookout for his new video clip in coming weeks.)

After their catch-up backstage at Party in the Park, Hayes took Goodrem to the opening of Spider-Man 2 in Leicester Square last Monday night.

The two singers have forged a friendship since Hayes appeared at last year's ARIA awards to perform Goodrem's single Lost Without You. (Interestingly, the pair did not know each other before the performance and only met face-to-face for the first time six months after Hayes made the surprise appearance).

Goodrem said she expects to spend another two to three weeks recording in London before returning to Australia.
As for what I hope for in the new album, I am hoping that she keeps the same style of her music, as she really stands out. Though, in one of the recent interviews, she said it's the same style, just a bit darker. She said you'll definitely know it's a Delta song, which is always good to hear.

I'm really interested how it'll be though and if she's written about her experiences in the last year. I think she's had to grow up a lot since the release of IE, though, she always seemed very mature, but you know what I mean? It'll be just interesting to see the journey she's come from then to now.
Old 08-14-2004, 06:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -ellie-

As for what I hope for in the new album, I am hoping that she keeps the same style of her music, as she really stands out. Though, in one of the recent interviews, she said it's the same style, just a bit darker. She said you'll definitely know it's a Delta song, which is always good to hear.

I'm really interested how it'll be though and if she's written about her experiences in the last year. I think she's had to grow up a lot since the release of IE, though, she always seemed very mature, but you know what I mean? It'll be just interesting to see the journey she's come from then to now.
Thanks for the article, Ellie! I remember hearing November, but couldn't remember whether it was for certain. She mentioned during the ACA interview that she's flying back to London to finish writing and recording. I wonder how far along she is. I also read a few days ago that she had more than enough pre-recorded tracks for a new album as is. I guess she wants to have as many to select from when deciding which are most suitable for the final cut.

Innocent Eyes is one of the most impeccable albums I've ever listened to (many times now too! ). It really does tell a story - the tracklisting is just so perfectly mediated, and the album packaging reflects it in format and artwork. Back to the music though; I was also pleased to hear her confirm that the new recordings will be recognisable, but with enough difference to be indicative of her growth as a writer and artist. She knows what she delivered previously struck it big, and that she needed to work with that as she moves into a new recording phase.

You're right, having such a mature, poised air about her, and that being reflected in her insights when interviewed about IE, it'll be interesting to see how the testing experiences of last year will influence the sound and theme of her newer music. She sings so convincingly of her experiences on IE, so I'm sure the forthcoming music will be quite emotional to listen to.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 08-14-2004, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
I also read a few days ago that she had more than enough pre-recorded tracks for a new album as is. I guess she wants to have as many to select from when deciding which are most suitable for the final cut.

You're right, having such a mature, poised air about her, and that being reflected in her insights when interviewed about IE, it'll be interesting to see how the testing experiences of last year will influence the sound and theme of her newer music. She sings so convincingly of her experiences on IE, so I'm sure the forthcoming music will be quite emotional to listen to.
Oh she has lots of songs already? Well that's good! I bet she just wants to make the album as best she can and have lots of songs to choose from like you said. And hopefully any extras will come out with the singles.

I think it will be very emotional too, especially if it includes material that is about her latest experiences. She has such a way of conveying the feelings she felt at that time and all that through her songs, so I'm really looking forward to see what else she's done.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't wait to get my hands on the new album
Old 08-14-2004, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm hoping for more ballad-y type tracks or tracks like Innocent Eyes for the newie. If we get stuff like Throw It Away (though I love it, it wouldn't go with Delta now) I'd be sort of disappointed.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by JustaGirl
I can't wait to get my hands on the new album
Same here
Old 08-14-2004, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can wait, if it means getting the best possible Delta album.

Yeah alright, you know I'm lying.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie

That's like me saying I'll wait for Roswell DVD's to be released in Australia instead of getting them from Amazon
Old 08-14-2004, 02:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm thinking due to the cancer her record will be more introspective and about life and goals as opposed to love.

...thats what I'm hoping for in any case.
Old 08-14-2004, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie

I'm with you though, I'd like her to spend as much time on it, to get the best, but gahhh..I want to hear some new stuff already!
Old 08-14-2004, 08:47 PM
Extreme Fan

I can't wait !

I'm expecting very personal and deep songs, with hints of sadness.

It would be lovely to get a teeny tiny preview though!!!!

Every now and then I fall apart
Old 08-14-2004, 11:55 PM
Master Fan

I'm expecting something completely different from Delta. There'll probably be some lovey-dovely stuff considering she's been so happy with Mark. But I'll definitely expect darker songs. I can't wait though, I hope she has a lot more songs on this ablum than the last. It's kinda boring when most artists release 11 - 12 songs only.

"You don't scare me." ~ Charlie to Claire
Old 08-15-2004, 02:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by roxygurl
I'm expecting something completely different from Delta. There'll probably be some lovey-dovely stuff considering she's been so happy with Mark. But I'll definitely expect darker songs. I can't wait though, I hope she has a lot more songs on this ablum than the last. It's kinda boring when most artists release 11 - 12 songs only.
It would good if she could do more songs than the norm! But I think it'll be a mixture of stuff too, it'll be good to see what she's come up with.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Elegantly Wasted
I'm expecting very personal and deep songs, with hints of sadness.
I am too. I think she will write a song about she bad time with Cancer or something like that