Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2004, 01:02 AM
Master Fan

Does anybody know if the piano book is available online anywhere? I'd like to play a few of the songs.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

Fair - I don't know of anywhere it's available online, but Evie recently scanned her book of IE sheet music. Look here. Just PM her, and I'm sure she'd be happy to send some scans your way.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie

Last edited by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*; 11-22-2004 at 12:44 PM
Old 11-22-2004, 07:12 PM
Elite Fan

I mixed IE in with my MI playlist on the computer ... it's nice to have one of the old songs come on occasionally! I think I appreciate them more than I did before, and that's saying something! I got giddy when NMNI came on and that's unusual for me, much as I love it!
Old 11-25-2004, 09:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
Fair - I don't know of anywhere it's available online, but Evie recently scanned her book of IE sheet music.
I have the song IE and am loving it.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was just thinking about amazing her IE album sales are..She was at 14xPlatinum last I checked. So that's 70,000 copies per unit!!

We know she sold her millionth copy [in Oz alone] a while back and sales have gone up since (remember how it re-entered the charts after the Arias?). We're an itty bitty little country..the fact that she's so successful and is one of our own is just amazing.

I can't believe she has now sold 2 million copies of Innocent Eyes around the world. Well, I can believe it because she's fabulous and could sell toothpaste but ah! It's probably not much when you compare it to, for arguments sake (and my own squiddlyness) Alicia Keys who has sold millions upon millions, but she's just this lovely girl from Sydney! Is that not mindblowing?!
Old 12-06-2004, 03:18 PM
Master Fan

Good to hear you tracked IE down, Fair!

Yep, her sales and success are pretty astounding, Eves. She's broken countless records held by Aus artists dating all the way back to the 80s. It's only the beginning for her too. World domination is hers for the taking, and I know that once she sweeps the US, her figures will more closely reflect those of Alicia and the cream of the American crop.
I'm wondering whether she'll release and promote IE or skip straight into MI when she does though. I know she said she'd like BTT to be the first song America hears, but by the time it happens, I suspect she'll be more keen on promoting the new album aka. the new chapter of her life. Either way, both albums are spectacular and are bound to stun the pants of the US the way they have here.

icon by *Evie
Old 12-26-2004, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Molly said [on Sunrise] that Delta's US album would include tracks from both IE and MI. An album would include around 12 to 14 tracks, so there's the 5 Aussie release ones [as imo they're the stronger of the lot] but after that I wouldn't have a clue! It will be hard picking what to put onto the album! I can't wait to see what they go with though.

He also said [well, confirmed seeing as you mentioned this already Kat!] that BTT will be the first single she releases there.

Anywho, my IE album is completely buggered now. I wanted to rip it again and then burn it but even the ripped tracks are scratchy too.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:09 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for that news, Eves. A mixed release is definitely the way to go, I think! That means there'll be plenty of great tracks left over for b-sides and the follow up release. I guess they'd have to re-title in that case. Wonder what they'll call it! Mistaken Eyes? Or maybe it would be more suitable to make it self titled. Delta would probably choose the prospective (Australian) singles from MI aswell. Exciting stuff! I can't wait to order that, if only for the artwork (which is sure to be either a mixture of both, or entirely different again!

I'm pleased that BTT is still scheduled to be her debut release. There was some speculation over at the official forum about her shooting a new video for it, but now that her hair's grown loads and she's back to being blonde, it's not like she's unrecognisable. The fact that she looks so much younger is part of her story - especially if IE and MI are combined into the one album. So long as the singles are released chronologically, it'll work.

Bugger about your album, Eves. Are you going to buy a new standard edition CD to replace it? I haven't seen the limited editions anywhere for a while, only deluxe ones. They must have finally stopped distributing LDs.

icon by *Evie
Old 12-27-2004, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That means there'll be plenty of great tracks left over for b-sides and the follow up release.

I guess they'd have to re-title in that case. Wonder what they'll call it! Mistaken Eyes? Or maybe it would be more suitable to make it self titled.

! I can't wait to order that, if only for the artwork (which is sure to be either a mixture of both, or entirely different again!

I'm pleased that BTT is still scheduled to be her debut release. There was some speculation over at the official forum about her shooting a new video for it, but now that her hair's grown loads and she's back to being blonde, it's not like she's unrecognisable. The fact that she looks so much younger is part of her story - especially if IE and MI are combined into the one album. So long as the singles are released chronologically, it'll work.

Bugger about your album, Eves. Are you going to buy a new standard edition CD to replace it?
The follow up release for US? I reckon they'd just release the same as what we get..just further down the track. It would be weird to continually bring out half/half albums.

I was hoping for Innocent Identity but whatever... ;P

I know, me too! It'll be interesting to see how they package the album..time will tell, I spose! Exciting stuff!

I was kind of hoping they wouldn't go with BTT as the debut. I like it, but I think there are stronger tracks. I reckon she should do a new video..the regular one is so known to us [much like Delta] but for the US..it'd be odd. They don't know her story nor what she's like/what she's become..I think she looks too young there. Maybe it's just the way she looks now. Perhaps she could do the exact same video idea just with an image that suits her now [in regards to fashion]. But then, that might turn out really weird.. :/ I don't know.

I'm not sure..I probably won't buy it now, as I have a few other cds that I'd like to get first..but a newie isn't off the cards..I've been wanting to listen to it more now that I can't. When I get it I'll probably just get the regular one [not the deluxe one]. I only want the music, so there's no need for the deluxe one really.
Old 12-27-2004, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

In Canada we're getting the same videos and IE cd that you guys have. LWY is the current song, I forget if I've mentioned it earlier. I live close enough to the US that I could order their version of Innocent Identity (sorry, I like that one better than ME ) if there were new tracks on it and get it within a few days/week.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie
The follow up release for US? I reckon they'd just release the same as what we get..just further down the track. It would be weird to continually bring out half/half albums.

I was hoping for Innocent Identity but whatever... ;P

I reckon she should do a new video..the regular one is so known to us [much like Delta] but for the US..it'd be odd. They don't know her story nor what she's like/what she's become..I think she looks too young there. Maybe it's just the way she looks now. Perhaps she could do the exact same video idea just with an image that suits her now [in regards to fashion]. But then, that might turn out really weird.. :/ I don't know.

I'm not sure..I probably won't buy it now, as I have a few other cds that I'd like to get first..but a newie isn't off the cards..I've been wanting to listen to it more now that I can't. When I get it I'll probably just get the regular one [not the deluxe one]. I only want the music, so there's no need for the deluxe one really.
Yeah, they might do. But if they were to continue the half/half thing, it would only sound weird to us.

That could work too, but I thought Mistaken Eyes better sums up where she's at now.

Yeah, you have a point there. They'll learn her story though through interviews and such. I don't think they'll shoot a new one 'cause it's part of the song now, and the time is part of that. It's like changing some lyrics 'cause they don't necessarily apply any more. I know a lot of international artists' videos haven't reached us till a few years down the track and they've kept their original vids. I guess it's the artists and record company's choice as to whether they'd like to update it. I don't think her outfits in that vid are outdated, but she does look younger. If she reshot the video with the same concept it could definitely work. I just wonder if it would be worth all the effort.

Yeah, you'd only really need a regular one. Unless you were concerned that your LD packaging was falling apart. Mine's fine, except the top part is a bit faded from the sun. I really must move my desk away from my bedroom window!

Fair - Lucky! I think it takes about a week and a half to two weeks for US orders to reach us.

icon by *Evie

Last edited by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*; 12-28-2004 at 02:56 PM
Old 12-28-2004, 02:53 PM
Elite Fan

I like Innocent Identity! I think that as Kat suggested, they might go with just Delta.

Or even though IE and MI are both singles and may well both be singles over there (I wonder what they're planning to release after BTT), I wonder if they might call the album Born to Try?

I'll be buying it, whatever happens.

Oh, crap. Does that mean I'm going to get even more addicted and have Australian, UK AND American versions of all the releases? *gulp*
Old 12-29-2004, 01:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You've got to wonder if they *will* bother with new videos, seeing as they've released the same clips else where around the world.. But then, the US is the big one for her..but *then* if they were good enough for us, I'd wonder [again] if she'd bother.

Innocent Identity would be nifty. I'd save the self-titled album name for Aus/UK way down the track, not waste that title with the first US release.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie
You've got to wonder if they *will* bother with new videos, seeing as they've released the same clips else where around the world.. But then, the US is the big one for her..but *then* if they were good enough for us, I'd wonder [again] if she'd bother.

Innocent Identity would be nifty. I'd save the self-titled album name for Aus/UK way down the track, not waste that title with the first US release.
That's what I think it comes down to. They're well made, good quality clips. There's nothing fashion-disastrous about them and although she's matured a bit since they were shot, she still looks essentially the same. When she starts promoting and doing the media rounds over there, she'll be able to explain what's happening; when the music and vids were originally released, and why it took a little bit longer for them to circulate over there. Americans are probably used to getting vids by Australian artists a lot later. Think Savage Garden and Natalie Imbruglia. Their vids must have been a good 2-3 years old by the time they hit US screens.

I agree Innocent Identity sounds good, but I was thinking it's a tad contradictory if you compare it with Mistaken Identity...maybe. Yeah, maybe it's best to keep that for later. But then it might be tough to come up with an alternate title that sums her up well. Born To Try would be ideal, as Rach suggested. It represents her on IE and as she is on MI too.

And yes, Rach. Knowing you, you'll be on a mad collecting spree as the US singles are released.

icon by *Evie
Old 12-29-2004, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

And yes, Rach. Knowing you, you'll be on a mad collecting spree as the US singles are released.
That reminds me I need to go onto Ebay and pre-order MI!