Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2004, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

For me, it is soo hard to pick a favourite song on the album, because I love every single song. It's definitely my favourite album and with it being out over a year now, I still haven't gotten tired of it like most albums. It's just amazing.

Though, one I really fell in love with when I first heard it was Not Me, Not I. I just adore that song.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -ellie-
For me, it is soo hard to pick a favourite song on the album, because I love every single song. It's definitely my favourite album and with it being out over a year now, I still haven't gotten tired of it like most albums. It's just amazing.

Though, one I really fell in love with when I first heard it was Not Me, Not I. I just adore that song.
A firm favourite is Butterfly. It's a beautiful song. So serene. It captures the emotion of letting go, of being free so well. That's how I feel when I hear it - free.

I'm with Ellie. IE is jam-packed with so many amazing tracks, it's hard to narrow it down to just one or two. It's one of the few albums I've never tired of aswell. Testament to Delta's pitch-perfect voice, and knack for working with great writers and producers (not forgetting herself in the writers category). Her insight and maturity has enabled her music and lyrics to be embraced by a wide age demographic. I think that's so impressive.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 08-14-2004, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love most of her songs on the cd they're so...just so beautiful
Old 08-14-2004, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

IE is one of my rare albums that I never tire of. The only songs I skip are AYAT (though I love the dvd version of it), This Is Not Me and Will You Fall For Me. << that one is very boring.

But back to the topic, my fave was and probably always will be, NMNI. It's such a beautiful song. My favourite line[s] from it is.:

as the new door opens, we close the ones behind
and if you search your soul i know you'll find
you never really knew me

it's rather applicable in my life so there you go.

The amount of times I've listened to this song is ridiculous. I'm sure my family are sick of it by now.
Old 08-14-2004, 02:40 PM
Supreme Fan

Also gotta say Not me, Not I. The song just got that special something. The emotions in her voice, the melancholy Just overall a perfect song with a wonderful video.
Old 08-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie
IE is one of my rare albums that I never tire of. The only songs I skip are AYAT (though I love the dvd version of it), This Is Not Me and Will You Fall For Me. << that one is very boring.

The amount of times I've listened to this song is ridiculous. I'm sure my family are sick of it by now.
It's amazing just how I don't get tired of that album too, I can listen to it over and over and never get sick of it. Usually I get tired of albums after a few weeks, but not that one!

And I think my family might be a little sick of hearing Delta all the time too I have it in the car and she's allllways on. And now and then Dad is all 'when are you going to get some new cds??' But I just tell him, come on, it's DELTA!
Old 08-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Extreme Fan

In my own time is very meish (it's a word to me), but too sure if that is good or bad. I had for some reason never listened to it properly until quite a while after I got the album, think I was just busy playing the first 5 or so over and over .

Also Not me, not I - great for post break-up feelings!! I think it's angry but in a positive way.

Every now and then I fall apart
Old 08-22-2004, 12:12 AM
Master Fan

Such an awesome album

My fave songs would have to be:
Lost Without You
In My Own Time
Innocent Eyes
Running Away
Butterfly
Not Me, Not I

"My heart is a museum filled with pictures of you."
♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

haydensgirl: Jess

Last edited by haydensgirl; 08-22-2004 at 12:19 AM
Old 08-22-2004, 02:00 AM
Master Fan

I love the entire album. NMNI, LWY, Longer....those three are nearer the top of my favourite list. I can really relate to A Year Ago Today.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

i love the whole album .. but i have to say "born to try" is my favorite.. followed by lost without you

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 08-22-2004, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

I haven't listen to all the songs yet cause I'm still on IE (I love that song, I can never get tired of it, and as a result I listen to it over and over again)

So far I also like "Born to Try"

More to come when I listen to each track!
Old 08-22-2004, 11:37 PM
Elite Fan

Throw It Away is my complete and absolute favourite track on IE. No matter how many times I listen to the album, I always get excited when it comes on. I just love how different it sounds to the rest of the album!

As for choosing a second favourite, I can't. I love IE and Predictable, and Lost Without You, and Butterfly, and Born To Try ... I prefer the first half of the album to the second, as I've always preferred uptempo tracks to the slow ones. But something thats unusual for me is that there isn't a single track I hate on the whole album.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *~*Rach*~*
Throw It Away is my complete and absolute favourite track on IE. No matter how many times I listen to the album, I always get excited when it comes on. I just love how different it sounds to the rest of the album!
I love how TIA sounds unlike anything else on the album too, Rach. It was nearly going to be released a single in the UK, wasn't it? I think it would have done well there, and I would have loved her to film a video for it. I kind of think of the photoshoots outtakes as the TIA vid now that the DVD plays it over them.

I'm pleased you're enjoying BTT, Lara! It's such a powerful song, isn't it? I think you're bound to like "Butterfly" too.

icon by *Evie
Old 08-23-2004, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
[B]I love how TIA sounds unlike anything else on the album too, Rach. It was nearly going to be released a single in the UK, wasn't it? I think it would have done well there, and I would have loved her to film a video for it. I kind of think of the photoshoots outtakes as the TIA vid now that the DVD plays it over them.
Yep! There was a Radio Edit of the song, which I only heard once before they decided it wasn't going to be released after all. I can hardly remember what it was like, after I'd heard it that one time (it took me by surprise!!) I was dying to hear it again for weeks, to decide what I actually thought of it! *g*
Old 08-25-2004, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *~*Rach*~*
Yep! There was a Radio Edit of the song, which I only heard once before they decided it wasn't going to be released after all. I can hardly remember what it was like, after I'd heard it that one time (it took me by surprise!!) I was dying to hear it again for weeks, to decide what I actually thought of it! *g*
Oh wow. So it was quite different? I wonder if anyone uploaded it. I should ask around the DG forum.

icon by *Evie