Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-17-2005, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

That's a great one, Rach! I reckon you'd stump her with it. She could ask our opinions on something Delta related, but she probably opt not to on account of being so humble. Maybe she'd want to know the average age of her fans, or other favourite bands/artists we're into. The possiblilities are endless really...

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 01-17-2005, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

If I were her I might want to know everyone's favourite Delta song.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:51 AM
Master Fan

According to the poll on DG.com, most fans have voted MI as their favourite (for the current album). IE seemed to be the fan favourite for the previous album. So I think it would come down to either of those. And Delta's bound to be pleased with the verdict seeing as they're her favourites from each album respectively!

I'd want to know what everyone's most anticipating from the concerts in July.

icon by *Evie
Old 01-18-2005, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

This isn't so much an interview question, but I was bored at work today and I started thinking about what I would do if Delta came to stay in our hotel. We're a chain motel type thing and obviously she wouldn't, but I was in a "But what if she did it to escape the paparazzi!" mood ... so what would you do if you were working and she appeared; or if you don't work in a place where it's possible for her to drop in, what would you do if you saw her in a shop or something?

I think if she were in the Lodge; I'd be checking with my boss if she was staying overnight and bringing a few things for her to sign the next day, although obviously not in a harrass-y way, in a "I'll just hang around the office and catch her when she leaves if she has time" way

Like I said, I was bored
Old 04-10-2005, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So you would be alright if you missed seeing her? Yeah right! If she came to your work you'd be an overjoyed [although endearing] SPAZ. I bet you'd try to meet her soon as you heard news that she was there.

It's funny, re-reading this thread I haven't asked her anything I previously wanted to.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie
So you would be alright if you missed seeing her? Yeah right! If she came to your work you'd be an overjoyed [although endearing] SPAZ. I bet you'd try to meet her soon as you heard news that she was there.
Hee, well no, but I'd try to make it look as if I didn't really care otherwise my boss & co-workers would just bring it up for ever and ever!

But yeah, I mean, if I knew she was coming in (we're usually gone by the time the guests check in) I'd come in the next day to catch her before she checked out even if I wasn't working!
Old 04-24-2005, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's okay though, then you'll never forget that day! [Mortifying yes, but worth it! Hehe.]

I wonder who she signs into hotels as.. she obviously wouldn't sign in under her own name. Eh, her management people probably do it for her anyway.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:44 AM
Elite Fan

Haaa, that's true.

What if she did sign in under her own name? So that people wouldn't believe that it was her, because nobody would expect her to sign in under her own name!

New questions for Delta that have cropped up elsewhere...

1. What's your word association strategy?
2. Have you watched to check which way the water goes down the toilet/sink when you're in the northern hemisphere?

Old 04-25-2005, 11:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie
It's funny, re-reading this thread I haven't asked her anything I previously wanted to.
Yeah, me too. I think I would if I got more than a fraction of a minute of Delta time. A M&G type situation would allow for actual articulation of questions. When one of us eventually wins one (and I have faith one of us will ) we can take the list along and interrogate her.

Do you think your boss would let you know if Delta checked into your hotel, Rach? It's the only right thing to do if s/he knows what a huge fan you are. That'd be the best way to meet her, I reckon. She'd probably invite you into her room while signing your things...once discovering just how extensive your collection is!
I remember Juz (a mutual friend of Eves' and mine) mentioning that she knew someone who worked at the hotel John stayed at while in Melbourne last year and that she (the employee) cleared his room service order, (unbeknown to her at the time). She said he drank half a bottle of apple juice. John backwash! Ahem. Aaanyway, I'm pretty sure his hotel was the Hyatt - where Delta stayed when she did that photoshoot in her gold butterfly wing cardi. I should really start camping outside that hotel whenever my favourite celebs are in town.

Thankyou for bringing over our latest ponderings, Rach. I'm absolutely itching for her to answer those! Especially the hemispheres/sink and toilet one.

icon by *Evie

Last edited by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*; 04-25-2005 at 11:11 AM
Old 04-26-2005, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
Do you think your boss would let you know if Delta checked into your hotel, Rach? It's the only right thing to do if s/he knows what a huge fan you are. That'd be the best way to meet her, I reckon. She'd probably invite you into her room while signing your things...once discovering just how extensive your collection is!
I don't think my boss knows I'm fan, but she's the biggest gossip queen ever, so she's bound to tell everyone!

I'd probably beg to work the day Delta checks out so I can clean her room
Old 05-01-2005, 05:22 AM
Master Fan

Ah, good stuff!

Ooh, you could report back on how she left the room. I get the impression she's one of those people who cleans up after themselves so well you hardly notice they're been there. I'm a bit like that too. I just had a visual of Delta trying to trash a hotel!

icon by *Evie
Old 05-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Elite Fan

I'm like that too, but mostly because of working in one. I know how annoyed I'd be if I walked into a messy room, so I try and treat the staff of that hotel with respect too. Of course, some people go the other way and decide they have to tidy up stupidly messy rooms, so they'll make a mess to reciprocate!

Bless Delta! She couldn't, could she? If she did, though, and I had to clean it up, I couldn't hold it against her. The mental image of her trashing a hotel room would be too funny!
Old 05-15-2005, 03:30 AM
Master Fan

Though I've never worked in a hotel, I always try to respect the staff aswell. Plus I'd find it embarrassing if I left a room messy.

No way, no how. But yeah, if she did she'd be the one celeb you could make allowances for. It's so out of her character. Best mental image ever!

icon by *Evie
Old 05-16-2005, 10:43 AM
Elite Fan

We cleaned up after a band (not well known or anything) a few weeks ago, and it was so tidy! We were actually gutted they hadn't left a mess, we wanted something that would lead us to know their name! In the end we found a matchbook that told us where they'd been playing, and also we found their names on the check-in thing - but we forgot to look them up til they'd been taken off the venue's website! D'oh!
Old 05-28-2005, 05:24 AM
Master Fan

A tidy band?! How very un-rock'n'roll of them! You're bound to recognise them if/when they pop up on TV or do another gig. Maybe they'll stay with you again sometime soon. Were they a UK band? Do you know?

icon by *Evie