Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Elite Fan

I think if Delta had been on Neighbours and *then* released IDC, I would still have paid attention because that was what made me interested in the first place - though that would have messed up the whole timeline of everything and it wouldn't have been BTT that I grew to love on the show enough to make me want to hear the rest of her music ... so I shouldn't really try to guess!

I always liked IDC, though you're all right, it's not as special as the rest. I loved what she did with it at Visualise, though.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed. I perhaps, could have gone for something else on the tour, but it's nice that she acknowledges that part of her career.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

After hearing the first few b-sides trickle out, and then the recent release of DELTA, what do you think of her transition to the dancier side of pop music?

Do you like it because you like Delta, or do you like it because you generally like this sort of music?

My sister instantly turned up her nose at the newer stuff because it's not who she thinks is Delta is, yet I felt a huge desire to defend her and the musical offerings.

I do like the dance music so i can't really complain though. Having these new upbeat songs, with a few ballads thrown in is amazing, I reckon. She's given us so much variety, I think that's cool, especially of an artist who was somewhat established up until now.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

If you compare some of her new songs with older b-sides such as 'Hear Me Calling', I don't think there's that much of a difference. I think Delta's been using some dancey sounds/effects for a while, they're just more prominent in some songs now, such as TMH and BIBO.

Last edited by "You'reMyLittleSnowAngel"; 10-21-2007 at 08:54 AM
Old 10-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Master Fan

I don't generally listen to dance music [the majority of songs you'll find on my iPod are of the mellow, piano-driven, Coldplay variety] but the kind of upbeat, pop tracks that Delta's offered on the new album are songs that I've found myself liking.

It was Delta's personal decision to put out a much more lighter & happier album this time around, so her use of different styles naturally reflect that. I can respect her wanting to grow and try new things as an artist, I think it's great that she's willing to take some risks & try new things. I suppose it all amounts to how her fans grow along with her music, and in my case, I'm always willing to listen to whatever she puts out.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't listen to dance music either, and I don't like the majority of what I've heard & hear of it. I'd class Delta's dancier songs as mild dance music, it's not in-your-face-BOOM-BOOM-YEAH; it's still tuneful!
Old 10-21-2007, 01:01 PM
Master Fan

That's true. And the dance music doesn't totally outshine her voice.

Evie, it's interesting that your sister said Delta's new music doesn't sound like her. But it's been three years since she put out her last record - within that span of time she's been working with numerous different songwriters and travelling all over the world. That experience, combined with whatever personal events she went through, are what have driven her to create the songs she's decided to put on the album. I don't think it was a concious "I have to re-define/re-invent myself" sort of motivation that led her to having a dance-pop sound, it was probably more of an unconscious result of the artist she's grown to become.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that's just the opinion of people who don't really care enough to wanna see what this "new" direction is about. Quite frankly my sister's probably not the only semi/fan [or non-fan really] who thinks that way.

Her dancey pop is very interesting though, as you both say, it's not the usual lifeless [ironic..perhaps depth-less is a better word] dance music.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

And you can still tell it's Delta's voice too. I'd hate it if it was all synthesised and stuff.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It can be good if it's done right. Usually it's not, then they shove the artists out onto stage, get them to sing "live" and then they mime along with the synthesized stuff. It's just bad..
Old 10-22-2007, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yer. Often, someone's voice is synthesised if they aren't a very good singer, which is why I'd be annoyed if Delta's voice was!
Old 10-22-2007, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that would be going too far. I'd like to believe Delta would put her foot down if they tried to do that with her vocals!

I think there was a tiny bit of it in Here I Am [the original of course].
Old 10-22-2007, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I hope she would!

Oh right. There's some in IDC, isn't there?
Old 10-22-2007, 12:06 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I've noticed it in certain parts of IDC as well.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Master Fan

There's a cool 'Evolution of Delta' slideshow up on the Who website, check it out here.