Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2013, 05:11 AM
Graphics Team Manager

What do you think of this song? I don't like it. Its the one Delta song I just can't connect with. Its just got no meaning to me & there's nothing about it that I love for me to even find a way to relate to the lyrics when I read them. I used to think it was about her finding out about Hodgkin's lymphoma which made me have an appreciation for it but finding out that's not what it was about made me lose that. Its just sickly sweet in my mind. It reminds me a little of I Don't Care too. There's just something about it I can't fully put my finger on that I just can't like it. I think its more the music than the lyrics but I'm not a huge fan of those either. Her vocals grate on me a little in the second half of the song too.
Do you remember when you first heard this song? I think when I first heard the album as I don't remember hearing it on the radio but I probably did & just put it out of my mind
Has your opinion of this song changed over time? Possibly but not in a good way. Well minus the small amount of appreciation I had while not knowing what the song was about.
Do you believe that this made a good single? Clearly it did . Nah I do think it did, it is catchy & people seem to love it so it does make a good single
Do you believe that this was a good song to start the album with? Probably. I usually start the album with The Analyst if I play it in order though
Favourite lyrics?

No emotions
My whole body felt like ice
Needed to feel that the sun would shine my way
My world had turned to dust
But I had my faith and trust

Least favourite lyrics? The whole second half of the song?

I want you to know you're in my heart
Growing into a beautiful garden

Out of the blue
There I met you
I can’t believe that this happened so soon
And theres just no way
That I can fight these emotions
Your energy running through me
(Out of the blue)
(There I met you)
(Showed me a life) I can't see without you
(Out of the blue) Without you
There I met you, you
(Showed me a life) I can't see without you

There will be times when we're apart
I want you to know you're in my heart
Growing into a beautiful garden (Finally come true)
(Out of the blue)
(There I met you)

Do you like the music video? mmm... yeah but I think I've seen it twice
Would you change anything in the music video? If so what? I'll take the music video, & leave the song behind
Favourite part of the music video? I want Delta's dresses, although the first one I'd like in a different colour. Its pretty muted. I like it then. I love the ocean.
Least favourite part of the music video? A burning piano . Lady A did it too but it was a cool effect so I almost forgive them for it. But don't like pianos being burnt like that. It also wasn't too cool of an effect, although having all 4 elements in the video was cool
Anything else you'd like to add? The song is catchy, as it gets stuck in my head, & it doesn't put me off Delta or the album

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-25-2013, 02:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What do you think of this song? love it!
Do you remember when you first heard this song? yes, thought it was really corny
Has your opinion of this song changed over time? less corny, more adorable over time
Do you believe that this made a good single? yes!
Do you believe that this was a good song to start the album with? yes!
Favourite lyrics? i wasnt one for butterflies
Favourite performance of this song? visualise
Do you like the music video? yes
Would you change anything in the music video? If so what? probably get rid of the rolling around in the sand
Favourite part of the music video? the parts with her in the pink dress
Anything else you'd like to add? love this song so much it just makes me happy, and builds in all the right places. love!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:35 AM
Elite Fan

What do you think of this song? It is not a song I would go out of my way to listen to but that is not because it is a bad song it just is not really my style.
Do you remember when you first heard this song? No . From the album being played I presume.
Has your opinion of this song changed over time? I have never loved it but I have gained more appreciation for it over time. I did really relate to 'A new chapter of my life, started the day, when I thought, it could be my last' once though as I had a moment where I felt like that. A not so good wake up call for me and I actually heard this song not too long after it as I broke my iPod so my cousin (who loves Delta) leant me hers for a few hours . I did not appreciate that song in that moment as I did not want to listen to songs I could relate to.
Do you believe that this made a good single? Yes.
Do you believe that this was a good song to start the album with? It is a happy track to make you smile and drag you in which is good so yeah probably. I cannot think of another track better suited for the start.
Favourite lyrics?
My world had turned to dust
But I had my faith and trust

Least favourite lyrics?
Growing into a beautiful garden
Do you like the music video? Yes.
Would you change anything in the music video? If so what? It could be better but nothing stands out as needing changing. No burning piano could be nice.
Favourite part of the music video? I do not have one.
Least favourite part of the music video? I will agree with the piano comments.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Featured Song: The Analyst

The Analyst is the second track from Delta's second album Mistaken Identity. It was written by Delta Goodrem, Guy Chambers, & Cathy Dennis.
Lyrics

What do you think of this song?
Do you remember when you first heard this song?
Has your opinion of this song changed over time?
Do you believe that this would have made a good single?
Favourite lyrics?
Least favourite lyrics?
Favourite performance of this song?
If Delta had made a video for this song, what would you have liked to see done with it?
Anything else you'd like to add?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-03-2013, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

What do you think of this song? It is a really good song.
Do you remember when you first heard this song? No I only know when I first heard the songs from the COTU era . I just know it would have been some time my cousin played the album.
Has your opinion of this song changed over time? Only if you count lies. It is a lot of fun to pick on my cousin and make comments about Delta/Delta songs, even if they are not true. As far as I can remember I always liked this song.
Do you believe that this would have made a good single? I am not sure but I believe that it could have.
Favourite lyrics?
Can you be sure we haven't met see the eyes they don't forget
They wander through the passage-ways that tease a restless mind
Can't afford to slip the picture's gotta fit
Her world's a photograph that gets dissected bit by bit

Least favourite lyrics? None?
If Delta had made a video for this song, what would you have liked to see done with it? This could be a good song to follow the lyrics and have someone analysing something. Also it needs shots of a piano - it could start and end with them like that performance Chelle posted for example.
Anything else you'd like to add? Random fact: Prepare yourself to meet a girl who cannot sleep - My cousin used to associate that line with me .
Old 05-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Master Fan

What do you think of this song? I like it!
Do you remember when you first heard this song? The album!
Has your opinion of this song changed over time? Yes, in a good way. The more I listen to it, the more I find it catchy!
Do you believe that this would have made a good single? Mayb yes, maybe no...
Favourite lyrics?
Free her mind she's always the analyst
Silent space the culprit the catalyst
Trying to make sense of her life
Digging around in the dirt she's a slave to the work
She's always the analyst

Least favourite lyrics? None.
If Delta had made a video for this song, what would you have liked to see done with it? Piano shots, Dleta analysing something? I on't know...
Anything else you'd like to add? No
Old 05-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What do you think of this song? one of her better songs
Has your opinion of this song changed over time? makes me think she was ahead of her time/the game writing songs like this
Do you believe that this would have made a good single? possibly. anything back then would have done well, plus she likes to talk, im sure she would have loved promoting it
Favourite lyrics?
Can you be sure we haven't met, see the eyes they don't forget
They wander through the passageways that tease a restless mind

If Delta had made a video for this song, what would you have liked to see done with it? lots of vivid imagery, inner workings on things..delta bashing away at some piano keys
Anything else you'd like to add? good song!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

What do you think of this song? Love it, I can definitely relate to it!
Do you remember when you first heard this song? No, it was probably when I first listened to the album
Has your opinion of this song changed over time? Not really
Do you believe that this would have made a good single? Maybe, I think it's similar to Mistaken Identity which as far as I can remember did well too.
Favourite lyrics? Can't afford to slip the picture's gotta fit
Her world's a photograph that gets dissected bit by bit

Least favourite lyrics? None
Favourite performance of this song? At visualise
If Delta had made a video for this song, what would you have liked to see done with it? She did make one actually even if it wasn't officially released, but you can watch it here
Anything else you'd like to add? Nope
Old 05-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

that video was so cool at the time
Old 05-10-2013, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

It really was It fits the song though!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:38 PM
Graphics Team Manager

What do you think of this song? Love it
Do you remember when you first heard this song? When I first heard the album I presume
Has your opinion of this song changed over time? Nope
Do you believe that this would have made a good single? Maybe, but I don't really see it as one.It probably would have done well since everything of hers was doing well back then though.
Favourite lyrics? I love a few parts (including all the ones you've all said), but I'll go with;
Reliving the mistake she's made not a moment for the curious girl
Anything else you'd like to add? Sorry I keep forgetting to actually do these after I post them?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-15-2013, 01:53 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Featured Song: Mistaken Identity

Mistaken Identity is the third and title track from Delta's second album Mistaken Identity. It was released as her second single from the album in January 2005, & reached #7 in the charts in Australia - breaking her record of six consecutive number ones. It was written by Delta Goodrem & Billy Mann.
Lyrics

What do you think of this song?
Do you remember when you first heard this song?
Has your opinion of this song changed over time?
Do you believe that this made a good single?
What do you think of the single cover?
Would you change anything about the single cover?
Favourite lyrics?
Least favourite lyrics?
Do you like the music video?
Would you change anything in the music video? If so what?
Favourite part of the music video?
Least favourite part of the music video?
Anything else you'd like to add?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-15-2013, 04:43 AM
Master Fan

What do you think of this song? I like it, think it's a really good tune. Love the lyrics!
Do you remember when you first heard this song? The album!
Has your opinion of this song changed over time? Nope
Do you believe that this made a good single? Hmmm....yes I think so.
What do you think of the single cover? I quite like it!
Would you change anything about the single cover? No, I think it looks good!
Favourite lyrics?
The girl in the chair with the long golden hair
Well that used to be me
A flirtatious smile unpredictably wild
Always trying to please
Least favourite lyrics?
None.
I might have seen a live performance while watching Delta stuff on youtube. But I don't know
Do you like the music video? It's the most interesting music video I've seen from Delta
Would you change anything in the music video? If so what? Not really...no...
Favourite part of the music video? I like the part where the performers rip the white sheet off of the Piano, and the dancing too!
Least favourite part of the music video? Don't have one.
Anything else you'd like to add? Nope
Old 05-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Graphics Team Manager

What do you think of this song? I like it
Do you remember when you first heard this song? No, I may have heard it before I heard the album. I'm not sure.
Has your opinion of this song changed over time? Nope, always liked it
Do you believe that this made a good single? Yes. It may not have done as well but its a great song, & its brave to put something like it out there. I think it shows her strength, what she was going through, & its good that its out there as some people probably relate to it & if it was just on the album then some may never have heard it if they don't listen to Delta
What do you think of the single cover? Its pretty
Would you change anything about the single cover? No
Favourite lyrics? Either;

I was always walking one step ahead
Or so I thought until the monster crawled into my bed
Rewind and erase that shock look on your face
'cause your mona lisa is dead

or

The sun likes to rise and the moon likes to fall
And that's kinda like my life
I've played the role of the nice girl next door
Who gets cut like a knife
Now I'm not looking for apologie eyes
And I don't want to spend a night on a bed of beautiful lies

Do you like the music video? Yeah...
Would you change anything in the music video? If so what? No I don't think there's anything that needs changing
Favourite part of the music video? How the picture in the frame changes
Least favourite part of the music video? A little of the dancing is crazy, but I like it still... umm maybe the start as I don't understand it where she's just walking? But its simply because I don't understand it.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-02-2013, 02:59 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Does anyone else want to say anything about Mistaken Identity before I move on to the next song?

Chelle » join GTmy art