Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-10-2005, 11:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Yay for the showcase! I hope it will be up on D-S.net! ( or snippets, at least)
Old 08-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

I have some American friends who are listening out for Delta now. They're all fans, thanks to me - Tonya rebelled for a while and renamed LWY "Like Wet Yaks" 'cause she didn't know what the letters stood for when I mentioned them *g* but now they're huge fans I just told them about the release, and they're ever so excited!

ETA: Was just browsing Mistaken Media (there's a version of FWW from the tour that's pretty and not crackly like the sound on the vid clips at D-S.net, apart from the guy near the start who you can hear singing along badly! ) and spotted "US edit" and "US radio edit" - I wasn't sure which I'd already heard, and low and behold...the *radio* edit is the one that starts with the chorus that we'd heard about. Had we already discussed this and I've blanked out/forgotten/not noticed?

Old 08-10-2005, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

O.M.G.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

I was thinking, it would be really good publicity for Delta to appear on American daytime talk shows like Today, Regis&Kelly or The View. I remember Emma Bunton performed and was interviewed on The View earlier this year, which is a popular show in both America and Canada, and it sparked interest in her music over here.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
Was just browsing Mistaken Media (there's a version of FWW from the tour that's pretty and not crackly like the sound on the vid clips at D-S.net, apart from the guy near the start who you can hear singing along badly! ) and spotted "US edit" and "US radio edit" - I wasn't sure which I'd already heard, and low and behold...the *radio* edit is the one that starts with the chorus that we'd heard about. Had we already discussed this and I've blanked out/forgotten/not noticed?
Good to hear your Amercian friends are into Delta in a bit way, Rach. Good job converting them!

Ooh, I'll have to take a trip over and check that out! So the radio edit is/will be different to the album edit? That's news to me. But it does explain the chorus-at-the-start mystery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*bitterswt*~
I was thinking, it would be really good publicity for Delta to appear on American daytime talk shows like Today, Regis&Kelly or The View. I remember Emma Bunton performed and was interviewed on The View earlier this year, which is a popular show in both America and Canada, and it sparked interest in her music over here.
It would indeed, Kay! Hopefully she'll be offered spots on those shows once she's done the radio rounds. Then, once her music takes off, maybe we can look forward to appearances on Leno, Letterman, Conan and Oprah!

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 08-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Tonya rebelled for a while and renamed LWY "Like Wet Yaks" 'cause she didn't know what the letters stood for when I mentioned them *g* but now they're huge fans I just told them about the release, and they're ever so excited!
That's great! I'd love to share the Delta love around me, but I always fear to sound a little too fangirly. I know they won't be able to stop me if I start!

Quote:
the *radio* edit is the one that starts with the chorus that we'd heard about. Had we already discussed this and I've blanked out/forgotten/not noticed?
Yes, I remember that (and we were wondering why it didn't start with the chorus as we've been told.) I'll check that out too! Thanks for this, Rach!
Old 08-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Elite Fan

Oooh, good to know that everyone didn't already know about this extra edit! I wondered if I was just being stupid
Old 08-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Re; the radio edit..: Oh my gosh.. that's different. I'm so used to it starting with the piano. Ah well, I like it. When it starts like that it's like a nice little burst of Delta Goodremness.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

I like it, too. But you're right, it takes some getting used to!
Old 08-13-2005, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

I like it for a change. But if I had to order the versions, it'd be the original version first, the US edit and then the US radio edit, I think. There's something a bit amiss about launching into the chorus like that. I don't mind the edgier intstrumentals, but I like the build up of the original. I wonder why they bothered altering US edit. Not that it makes a whole lot of difference to the listening experience, but then I guess that's why I'd like to know!

icon by *Evie
Old 08-15-2005, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Full Report From Day Two At NARM
Aug. 15, 2005
By Brian Garrity, Billboard.biz

Artist showcases of the morning session were Columbia's Delta Goodrem and Welk Music's Nickel Creek.

In the afternoon, Sony BMG Norte's Latin music product presentation highlighted upcoming releases from the likes of Ricardo Arjona, Alejandro Fernandez, Sin Bandera and Vicente Fernandez, as well as compilations "NOW Latino" featuring Marc Anthony and Shakira among others - and "Raggeton Platinum Hits." La 5a Estacion and Reik provided featured performances.

Full article here
No word on how it went just yet. Hopefully a news update or forum post on the outcome will pop up at DG.com!

icon by *Evie
Old 08-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Elite Fan

I can't wait to hear how it went!
Old 08-16-2005, 06:31 AM
Master Fan

I can't wait either! I hope they include details and possibly some footage. I'd love to see the crowd reaction, rather than just a report. But I'll not be picky, so long as we hear something.

icon by *Evie
Old 08-22-2005, 09:37 PM
Master Fan

Well, no further accounts of Delta's NARM showcase, but a couple of photos of Delta performing and signing autographs have popped up on the website:

Yay! Didn't she look positively prettiful? The bolero she's wearing there looks remarkably like the one I've been ogling in Country Road! It came in moss green and silver. Her cami looks very signature CR aswell. I wonder if it is!

I wish there were more photos, but I guess beggars can't be choosers. Hopefully more will surface over time. At least we can look forward to footage of her NBC Today appearance! A reminder for Aussies, that should screen here on Wednesday 31st on Channel 7 from 4am EST.

icon by *Evie
Old 08-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wooo, I love it! [news.. I love news.. </loser > ] she looks simply gorgeous.

I'm going to steal your NBC sig Kat.. I hope ya don't mind!