Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-03-2005, 04:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylea17
I'm so glad her music is finally going to be out here. I've been waiting for this for a year and a half, I remeber last year, it was supossed to be out in July or August. I'm gonna go call the radio station and ask them to play it, LoL.
Ooh. There was talk of a release that long ago? That's interesting! Good on you for getting behind LWY in the US, Baylea. Be sure to keep us posted with airplay updates. To second Kay's question, whereabouts are you in the US?

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 08-05-2005, 03:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Goodrem Invades The U.S.

Twenty-year-old Delta Goodrem is about to embark on the next step of her career -- conquering the U.S. music scene. She's already had seven No. 1 singles in Australia and Europe, has won eight ARIA Awards (the Australian equivalent to the Grammys) to date and has sold 3 million records worldwide. On top of that, Goodrem also recently won Best Female Artist and the Pepsi Viewers Choice Award at the first annual MTV Australia Video Music Awards. Next week, Goodrem goes for adds with her debut American single, "Lost Without You," which was co-produced by Matthew Gerard (Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway") and Mark Endert (Maroon 5's "This Love"). Look for her debut U.S. album, Born to Try, to his stores this fall.
— Mike Trias
Radio&Records
Another notable mention!

icon by *Evie
Old 08-05-2005, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooooh, next week! I wonder why no one's managed to rip a decent copy of it by now.. I'm eager to hear a clear version of it darnit!

Well, that's very exciting.. I wonder what she'll be doing over there to promote it, especially if it comes out next week.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:04 AM
Loyal Fan

How exciting! Go delta go !
Old 08-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Master Fan

It hits stores this fall? Excellent. I'll try getting a copy of it if I go down to the states again in the winter.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie
Ooooh, next week! I wonder why no one's managed to rip a decent copy of it by now.. I'm eager to hear a clear version of it darnit!

Well, that's very exciting.. I wonder what she'll be doing over there to promote it, especially if it comes out next week.
Good question! Though the copy you uploaded is more than fine. I've got a lot of listenage out of it so far actually!

Now we know why she had to take off there immediately following the tour! I'd say lots of radio interviews to begin with! I hope some Amercian fans happen to catch them and possibly upload them for us to hear.

That's wonderfully convenient that you're able to grab the album over there, Kay. I guess we'll be ordering ours!

icon by *Evie
Old 08-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I think we can expect copies of Born To Try being shipped all over the place!
Old 08-09-2005, 02:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
Yeah, I think we can expect copies of Born To Try being shipped all over the place!
The US sales will go through the roof when that happens too!

I was going to come back and post a list of all the US states where Delta's getting airplay in the US. I've since come across this map (made by Christine) on the official forum:

That's 19 states and 36 stations!

icon by *Evie
Old 08-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Elite Fan

Woo! Excellent!
Old 08-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I've read that she's been getting pretty good rotation over on a few stations.. I don't know if they're big stations but it's something nonetheless!

Well, it's certainly an interesting concept, this getting Delta cds shipped over to me idea.. We've never had to do that before. Yayy for global aspirations, we get new stuff out of it all, as well as the glorification factor of us having her first...
Old 08-09-2005, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awesome news
Old 08-10-2005, 02:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I've read that she's been getting pretty good rotation over on a few stations.. I don't know if they're big stations but it's something nonetheless!
Here's a full list of stations playing Delta:

Mainstream AC

WDOK-FM Cleveland
KMSX-FM Little Rock
WRCH-FM Hartford
KKCW-FM Portland
WLTJ-FM Pittsburgh
KWAV-FM Monterey/Salinas
KGFM-FM Bakersfield
KVLY-FM McAllen/Brnsvlle
WFMK-FM Lansing
WJKK-FM Jackson
KVLV-FM McAllen
WRMM-FM Rochester
WTCB-FM Columbia, SC
WHBC-FM Canton, OH
WFMK-FM Lansing
WHUD-FM Newburgh-Middlet, NY
KSOF-FM Fresno
KVIL-FM Dallas
WSPA-FM Greenville, SC
WRVF-FM Toledo
WMGN-FM Madison, WI
KXLT-FM Boise
KBAY-FM San Francisco
KXLY-FM Spokane
WTVR-FM Richmond
WMJY-FM Biloxi
WLHT-FM Grand Rapids
WMXC-FM Mobile
KTDY-FM Lafayette, LA
WRSA-FM Huntsville
KKBA-FM Corpus Christi
WHSB-FM Alpena, MI
KSNE-FM Las Vegas, NV

Hot AC

KALZ-FM Fresno
KPEK-FM Albuquerque

Courtesy of bradwow.

I've looked a lot of these up and they're predominantly Adult Contemporary stations. They're reaching fairly wide audiences in decent sized cities from what I can gather!

Quote:
Music sellers, artists hit town
By George Varga
UNION-TRIBUNE POP MUSIC CRITIC
August 10, 2005

Quincy Jones, Bonnie Raitt, Rod Stewart and San Diego's Nickel Creek are among the top music artists who will gather here over the next four days for the 47th annual convention of the National Association of Recording Merchants.

They'll be joined by at least 42 other established and up-and-coming acts, including Liz Phair, Charlie Sexton, the Pussycat Dolls, Australia's Delta Goodrem, Spain's La 5a Estacion, Mali's Balla Tounkara, Canada's Mandi Perkins and San Diego's Tristan Prettyman and Bradley Leighton.

All but Jones and Raitt, who are being honored for their musical and humanitarian contributions, will perform showcase concerts to promote new or pending album releases. Mitch Bainwol, the chairman of the Recording Industry Association of America and the former chief of staff to U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, will deliver the keynote address on Friday.

To be held tomorrow through Sunday at the downtown San Diego Marriott, this year's NARM confab (which is not open to the public) is the second in a row to be held here. It is expected to draw about 1,600 attendees – to hear panel discussions and performances – the same as last year's event at the same location, and comes at a time when the record industry is at a crossroads.

Read the rest at Sign On San Diego
A showcase! Sounds like a big affair and a great promotional opportunity.

icon by *Evie
Old 08-10-2005, 04:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooooh, a showcase!! How exciting! I wish we had connections who could tell us all about it.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:55 AM
Master Fan

I'm so glad that Delta's getting airplay over in the states, and the showcase sounds like a good opportunity for her to get her name out there.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I wish we had connections who could tell us all about it.
I wish we did too, Eves! I'd love to hear something about how it goes, and maybe a see a pic or two. Hopefully the insider reporters and photographers might be so kind as to enlighten us!

I'm really pleased too, Kay! It sounds like this showcase might be her first opportunity since the Sony exec showcase over a year ago. I'm sure she'll wow the pants off all the music bigwigs in attendance! I really hope we hear a report, if not in the US papers, on her official site perhaps.

icon by *Evie