Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-27-2005, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kat FF members only asked me because of the Delta Icon that I had
Old 07-28-2005, 05:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*bitterswt*~
Kyle Riabko? I haven't really heard much of him around here, or seen his music being played on MuchMusic. Or maybe I'm just completely out of the loop. He's from Saskatchewan though, isn't he? Hmm...now I'm wondering why I haven't heard of him before. If Delta did join him on his US/Canadian tours, that would be really cool.
Oh. That's interesting! He must be launching his music here and there at round about the same time then. I know he's been up and coming in the US for a while; supporting various big name artists there. It'll be interesting to see what develops there!

Kel - That's funny, no-one at FF's really asked me about her. Maybe 'cause they know I moderate the board and click the link under my name to find out for themselves! Who knows. But a lot of LJers ask who the girl is in my icons. I launch into full scale pimpage at that point!

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 07-29-2005, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have located a clearer version of the US lwy version! It's not crystal clear, but it'll do for the time being. I've converted it to mp3 format [but in doing so, to maintain the quality, made the file size humongous].

LWY wma - 962 kb.
LWY mp3 - 9.1 mb.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

Ooh. Thanks muchly for that, Eves! It's good to finally have an mp3 for iPodding.

I hear LWY's getting widespread radio play in the US atm. She leaves for New York tomorrow, apparently. I'm sure she'll have strings of radio interviews lined up from hereon in so it's only a matter of time before she makes her mark on the Billboard charts!

icon by *Evie
Old 07-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
I hear LWY's getting widespread radio play in the US atm.
That's excellent to hear!
Old 07-30-2005, 01:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No problem Kat.

Kyle seems to be on most bills as support act only, so I doubt they'd ever get to perform a show together.. not for a while anyway. It's a cute idea though, they'd be built-in support 'cos they know each other already. =)
Old 07-30-2005, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A few weeks ago, I tried looking for Billboard charts and nothing
Old 07-30-2005, 08:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie
Kyle seems to be on most bills as support act only, so I doubt they'd ever get to perform a show together.. not for a while anyway. It's a cute idea though, they'd be built-in support 'cos they know each other already. =)
Yeah, that's true. Hopefully that could change. It'd all depend on whether Kyle gains himself enough credential in the US. If he were to play a string of shows on his own, I'm sure Delta would be his first suggestion to co-headline them.

Kel - She's not likely to pop up on the Billboard charts for a while yet. I'm sure we'll hear about it when she does though - once she's had a bit more exposure and the video is released! I came across a list of American stations playing her atm. Will have to track it down and post it! It might entice American lurkers to request LWY on their local stations.

icon by *Evie
Old 07-31-2005, 04:24 AM
Master Fan

This is a US article about Kyle, but Delta gets a mention, so I thought I'd post an excerpt:

Quote:
HE'S OLD ENOUGH TO PLAY SOUL MUSIC
Lee Hildebrand
Sunday, July 31, 2005

"It's kind of a thing that every kid desires, but at the same time, it was just typical of my life," Riabko, 17, says in a phone call from Melbourne, Australia. "It was cool."

Riabko, whose original soul- and blues-based music reminds some of Prince and others of Jimi Hendrix or even John Mayer, is used to being on the road. He's been performing since he was 10, when he formed a blues trio called 10-11- 12 (the other members were 11 and 12 years old) with his dad serving as manager.

Since the April release of his first full-length CD, "Before I Speak" on the Aware/Columbia label, his itinerary has kicked into high gear. He managed to complete his graduation requirements via e-mail while opening shows for such artists as Mayer, Keb Mo, Maroon 5 and Robert Randolph, who plays steel guitar on one track of "Before I Speak." This month, Riabko appeared at the Vancouver Jazz Festival, made a series of promotional appearances in Japan and opened four concerts Down Under for Australian pop star Delta Goodrem.

Excerpt from the San Francisco Chronicle
It's nice to see her name popping up in American papers, even if it's just a small mention.

And Delta was dubbed the Herald Sun's "woman of the week" in today's edition:

Quote:
July 31st, 2005
Woman Of The Week:
Delta Goodrem

Throughout her successful first-time Australian tour, this beautiful young woman has shown she has the voice of an angel - and just as much compassion.
Judging by last month's impressive launch into the competitive US market (and the review by influential Billboard, which caller her "a tigress of talent"), Delta's star is set to rise even higher.
Awwww!

icon by *Evie
Old 08-01-2005, 10:21 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for posting those, Kat! Nice to see that Kyle's actually getting her some publicity, even when he's not a huge star himself yet!
Old 08-01-2005, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great news
Old 08-02-2005, 03:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
Thanks for posting those, Kat! Nice to see that Kyle's actually getting her some publicity, even when he's not a huge star himself yet!
No worries, Rach! Yeah, I think so too. I was surprised to hear he hasn't had a whole lot of fame in Canada yet. He seems to be up and coming in the States, anyway.

icon by *Evie
Old 08-02-2005, 02:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm so glad her music is finally going to be out here. I've been waiting for this for a year and a half, I remeber last year, it was supossed to be out in July or August. I'm gonna go call the radio station and ask them to play it, LoL.

Bailee
Old 08-02-2005, 05:46 PM
Elite Fan

Ohh, you definitely should! The more people hear about her, the better!
Old 08-02-2005, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

Bailee, where exactly are ya from?