Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-08-2005, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

he was on ours as well, he introduced someone. He was a bit lame.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

I didn't notice him. But I didn't pay that close attention to the whole program.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 07-09-2005, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Was just listening to the US version of LWY, and it struck me.. does anyone think the verses sound a bit like the verses of Brian's He's No Hero? Maybe it's just the bass or something. Perhaps it was his influence that made her change the sound of the song for her US debut.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
And she's wearing a fab necklace, as always!

I can't wait for her to become better known in the US and Canada, so you all get as much of her as we do, Kay!
Yeah me too
And we'll have more posters here too
Old 07-10-2005, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

Listening to the US LWY, it reminds me of the changes they made to TIA for the UK release that never happened. The way the changes are more in the backing music than to the song itself.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't even remember what the TIA remix sounds like.. I recall you uploading it for us but I'm blank after that.

So, you've got Brian's songs haven't you? & Kat too.. whaddaya reckon? Can you hear the similarities between [US]LWY & HNH?
Old 07-19-2005, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

I've only heard the US LWY once, so I'd need to listen again to hear HNH similarities, but I will And I think I still have the TIA remix uploaded ... *somewhere* .... *ponders on that*
Old 07-20-2005, 06:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~*
Listening to the US LWY, it reminds me of the changes they made to TIA for the UK release that never happened. The way the changes are more in the backing music than to the song itself.
I know what you mean, Rach. That heavy backing is similar and reminiscent of the remixed TIA. I was just listening to it today, actually! I like the way her voice comes through on its own for a portion of the US LWY because the music has that harder, rockier sound and a tendency to drown out her voice and make it seem as though she's incapable of holding her own vocals.

I'm actually missing He's No Hero on my Brian playlist actually, Eves! I think I had trouble finding a d/l with enough sources. I'll have to try and grab it again, then report back on the HNH/US LWY comparison.

icon by *Evie
Old 07-22-2005, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've uploaded it for you Kat . Click here..
Old 07-22-2005, 09:49 AM
Master Fan

Aww. Thanks for doing that, Eves! For some reason unbeknown to me, my laptop has issues with YSI. I'll grab it when I'm on the PC tomorrow and report back with my verdict.

Love your latest icon, btw! Was that their first time playing the trumpet?

icon by *Evie
Old 07-24-2005, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've had people asking me about Delta who is she so I told them
I don't know if they're American but it's great
Old 07-27-2005, 07:50 AM
Master Fan

That's excellent news, Kel! I've had a few curiosu Amercians ask the same thing - mostly on LJ. It's great to be able to fill them in and elicit an interest in her music. And for every American who learns about her, there are bound to be more. Hopefully thousands more over the next few months with upcoming promo to raise her profile!

icon by *Evie
Old 07-27-2005, 08:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
And for every American who learns about her, there are bound to be more. Hopefully thousands more over the next few months with upcoming promo to raise her profile!
Oooh, I can't wait until more people here in the US and Canada start to discover Delta. I remember a few months ago when they first played Almost Here on the Hit List [which is a pop music countdown we get here], everyone already knew who Brian was [from Westlife], but they all wanted to know who Delta was. But it came as a bit of a surprise when last month they aired the season finale of Hit List, and announced that it would actually be the show finale, as in the last episode ever. I never exactly found out why they cancelled the show, but it would have been great for Delta coverage. A lot of pop artists from the UK and such have been given a lot of recognition because of the show.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

Aw, that's a real pity, Kay! Hopefully the impression she made on the Hit List was a lasting one, anyway.

I've been meaning to ask, how big is Kyle Riabko over in Canada? He was Delta's support act on the Visualise Tour and people, particularly the older crowd, were very receptive to his music. We're hoping that Delta might join him on his US/Candian tours at some point. It would make sense. They'll be somewhat affiliated with one another from now on, I would expect.

icon by *Evie
Old 07-27-2005, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

Kyle Riabko? I haven't really heard much of him around here, or seen his music being played on MuchMusic. Or maybe I'm just completely out of the loop. He's from Saskatchewan though, isn't he? Hmm...now I'm wondering why I haven't heard of him before. If Delta did join him on his US/Canadian tours, that would be really cool.