Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-09-2005, 03:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
She said on 3AW radio today that the Neighbours filming was supposed to be secret and she couldn't believe how quickly people had caught wind of it. When I started reading that last paragraph about giving her attitude, I thought she was going to say something very unlike her! I don't ever recall her not being in a good mood.
I agree - Delta is always so cheey, friendly and approachable in her interviews/appearances! It is so refreshing!
Old 03-09-2005, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She's singing IDC on tour? WOW. WOW. WOWWW.I was not expecting that at all. I'd probably not want to hear it because it would essentially take the place of another song, one that she probably won't sing on tour [I keep thinking my beloved Disorientated, or even Running Away which I've gotten back into, won't be included in the set list. ].

People think MI is a flop? WOW. I don't think it's a flop..I think if you measured her success [at its steady rate] she'd still come out rather nicely.

YAYYYY! She's filmed something for Neighbours! How exciting!

I listened to the K&JO interview.. lmao about Snoop's bodyguard.. "are you giving me attitude girrrrrl?"

Thanks for all the news Kat!
Old 03-09-2005, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Back to Neighours I better watch Neighbours then, I flick channels alot when Neighbours is on alot of boring scenes
Old 03-10-2005, 12:05 AM
Passionate Fan

Pics from the HAA premiere. There's a couple of pics on there that are absolutely gorgeous! They're towards the end and close up face shots of Delta. She looks gorgeous! I know we already sorta had in mind pics for our board customisation. But I really would love the few pics to be submitted in cause I think they're gorgeous!
Pic One
Pic Two

They're just simply/understatedly beautiful! Pity abou tthe watermarks though
Old 03-10-2005, 01:27 AM
Master Fan

Delta canoodles beau

Kiss and tell ... Delta and Brian get close on the red carpet / Jessica O'Donnell Advertisement:
DELTA Goodrem could not help showing her affection for her Irish beau at the premiere of Hating Alison Ashley in Melbourne last night.

Wearing a mauve dress embellished with lace and beads, Goodrem, who plays Alison in the film, stepped on to the red carpet alongside lead actress, Saskia Burmeister.
With a bevy of admirers and photographers looking on, Goodrem rushed over to boyfriend Brian McFadden and planted a kiss.

Goodrem's relationship with the married ex-Westlife singer has sparked a barrage of criticism in the British press.

The singer with the 'good girl' image has been labelled a marriage wrecker after McFadden's split with his TV presenter wife, Kerry Katona.

But Goodrem was all smiles at Victoria Gardens cinema in Richmond last night.

The sight of the pop princess was too much for one screaming schoolgirl, and she burst into tears.

Other stars of the film based on Robin Klein's best-selling novel include Craig McLachlan, Tracy Mann and Richard
Old 03-10-2005, 05:41 AM
Master Fan

This is like sooo old news. lol. It was such a coincidence that the first English newspaper I brought in Hong Kong (where I was on the holidays) has Delta in it. Cool huh? I didn't even know they had a special liftout with her in it. I was just flipping through it when I got it and then there she is. And they used a whole page for her.

So, I'm sorry I haven't posted it yet. It's been like 3 months since I got it so I kinda forgot. lol. It's really big (really BIG) to post here so just click on the smaller image. Btw, my cousin scanned this in fours (like the top left hand corner, then the top right corner and so on) and was able to make it all fit and look like we scanned the whole A2 paper. Isn't she a genius? Well, photoshop is.

ETA: I haven't been here in a few months and I've already forgotten how to use this place. lol.

"You don't scare me." ~ Charlie to Claire

Last edited by roxygurl; 03-11-2005 at 12:20 AM
Old 03-10-2005, 05:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that! Awww, she got promo in HK! How cool. I can't read the text at all, as the jpg you posted is only 368x458.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:59 AM
Master Fan

Fixed it now. I posted the wrong one. lol. I had a smaller version and a bigger one. It should work now Evie.

Old 03-10-2005, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that rox! It was a good read for a non-australian newspaper! [Quite informative for those who have no clue who she is.]

Btw the link is: http://img136.exs.cx/img136/5383/deltab7dm.jpg .
Old 03-10-2005, 08:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by funktified
I know we already sorta had in mind pics for our board customisation. But I really would love the few pics to be submitted in cause I think they're gorgeous!
Pic One
Pic Two

They're just simply/understatedly beautiful! Pity abou tthe watermarks though
That was all just discussion, of course we can submit anything We've only really posted two combinations so far, anyway, and there will be more than that to choose from when the graphics team are done ... and I agree, those pics would be *perfect*! If only we can find the non-watermarked versions!
Old 03-12-2005, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

KYLIE Minogue, Guy Pearce and Natalie Imbruglia may return to the Neighbours' fold in cameo appearances this year as part of the soapie's 20th anniversary celebrations.

Talk had suggested the trio, who've all moved on to highly successful music and acting careers since they were given their start on Neighbours, had turned down offers to return to the show.
But a Network Ten spokeswoman yesterday told Confidential the three had "definitely not" been ruled out.

"Never say never," the spokeswoman said.

The show's producers have been attempting to entice many ex-stars including Holly Valance and Emma Harrison to return and are believed to have signed at least 20 past favourites to make appearances.

Advertisement:
Kimberley Davies, who played Annalise Hartman on the show, has been confirmed to return for two shows.

While the odds of a Scott Robinson (Jason Donovan) and Charlene Mitchell (Kylie Minogue) reunion aren't particularly high, other former cast members expected to return at some stage this year include Kym Valentine, Melissa Bell and Daniel MacPherson.

Davies will soon leave Los Angeles, her home for the past nine years, to film two Neighbours episodes and will then settle permanently in Sydney.

"It'll be really weird actually. It'll be great to see some familiar faces, because I know a lot of the crew and even some of the cast are still the same," she said.

-------------

Oh yeah but I won't be surpised if there will be a screaming match and the neighbours stars has to pull them apart hehe...after that stuff with Paris...
Old 03-12-2005, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kel: I highly doubt that. Delta's much too dignified for such behaviour. If she knew there was potential for conflict to arise, she'd distance herself from it.

Besides, they're not even shooting stuff together!
Old 03-13-2005, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Almost Here debuts at Number 1 in Australia ARIA Charts
Old 03-13-2005, 07:12 AM
Master Fan

Thanks so much for dropping that article by, Rox! I really enjoyed reading it and it's great to hear she's getting exposure like that in Asia. I also notice that she's wearing her Hyatt/Highpoint sparkly, gold top in that shot of her performing in Bangkok too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie
She's singing IDC on tour? WOW. WOW. WOWWW.I was not expecting that at all. I'd probably not want to hear it because it would essentially take the place of another song, one that she probably won't sing on tour [I keep thinking my beloved Disorientated, or even Running Away which I've gotten back into, won't be included in the set list. ].

People think MI is a flop? WOW. I don't think it's a flop..I think if you measured her success [at its steady rate] she'd still come out rather nicely.

I listened to the K&JO interview.. lmao about Snoop's bodyguard.. "are you giving me attitude girrrrrl?"

Thanks for all the news Kat!
Neither was I. I think it'll be rather cool to see what she makes of it these days. It'll be fun for her in an ALTL kind of way. But that's true - it would take the place of another. Whatever happens, I'm sure a few of your favourites will still make the list, Eves. If I get Disorientated at my show, I'm gonna try and (spazzily) record it 'specially for you.

Exactly. It's quite obvious that the sales frequencies for each album are vastly different.

LMAO! That is without doubt the funniest thing I've ever heard Delta say. Granted, it was a quote, but still.

You're always welcome, Eves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie bubbles
I agree - Delta is always so cheey, friendly and approachable in her interviews/appearances! It is so refreshing!
Indeed! She couldn't give a bad interview if she tried because she really is the genuine, happy person she appears to be.

Quote:
Will you marry me, Delta?
LUCY CARNE and RITCHIE YORKE
13mar05

POP diva Delta Goodrem was in Brisbane yesterday to greet fans, sign CDs and break a few hearts.

More than 2000 fans, from grandparents to toddlers, turned up to see her perform in the Queen St Mall, some lining up from 5am.

Dressed in a pink silk top, glass beads and jeans, a barefoot Delta sang three songs from her album Mistaken Identity, opening with her hit love ballad Out of the Blue.

After the brief midday performance the down-to-earth singer spent more than three hours signing CDs, greeting fans and accepting gifts from her admirers including teddy bears, Easter eggs, jewellery and even a marriage proposal.

Fifteen-year-old Dominic Westwood, of Bardon, waited for seven hours yesterday to see the "most amazing woman in the world".

Picked from the crowd, Westwood joined Delta on stage to sing British singer – and Goodrem boyfriend – Brian McFadden's part in their duet Almost Here.

But just as they were to begin, Westwood got down on bended knee, presented the singer with a $2 fabric rose and asked for her hand in marriage.

"Yeah, sure," Delta said with a laugh.

But when Westwood did not know the words to the song Delta promptly called off the engagement.

"I'm sorry Dom, we can't get married any more," she said.

Earlier, Goodrem told The Sunday Mail she was not letting the UK media frenzy over her relationship with McFadden cause her any further heartache.

The British papers have offered an orgy of Delta-bashing over the past month, with one accusing the former Neighbours star of being a home-wrecker over McFadden's split with wife Kerry Katona.

"I've just got to let this blow over. If people are going to be nasty, I've got my music. I'll just keep bringing out songs," she said.
She broke off their engagement over a lyrical dispute.

Rolling Stone article scans by jenna from the official forum:

Check out the priceless photo of Delta as a toddler reaching up and tinkling on the keys!

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 03-14-2005, 12:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
Thanks so much for dropping that article by, Rox! I really enjoyed reading it and it's great to hear she's getting exposure like that in Asia. I also notice that she's wearing her Hyatt/Highpoint sparkly, gold top in that shot of her performing in Bangkok too.

She broke off their engagement over a lyrical dispute.
NP. I know! I saw it and screamed (don't know why). I think I freaked out my cousins. Hehe. She's like worn it so many times and I love it!!

Aww. That's so cute! I guess now Brian will know how to propose to her rightly. lol.