Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-27-2004, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Spanks for the news
Old 08-27-2004, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Was I the only one unaware of the Delta/Pepsi competition?

I was buying Coke this afternoon and the man in front of me had Pepsi in his basket..so he puts it on the shopping counter and there I see Miss Delta on the packaging of the Pepsi bottle! I went and returned my coke for Pepsi just so I could have the label (ah. \m/)

Anyway, it's an instant win type comp where you either win:

-1 of 10 VIP passes to an intimate Delta show/dinner in Sydney.
-1 of 10,000 Delta downloads
-chance to enter the second chance draw.

I of course won nothing but the label itself. ;P
Old 08-27-2004, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie
and there I see Miss Delta on the packaging of the Pepsi bottle! I went and returned my coke for Pepsi just so I could have the label (ah. \m/)
Coolness, I hate Pepsi taste so weird

Thanks for the info Evie
Old 08-27-2004, 06:27 PM
Elite Fan

I'll have to keep an eye out, we mightn't have the contest over here but we might still have Delts on the labels
Old 08-28-2004, 04:32 PM
Master Fan

It must be a brand new comp. I bought a bottle of Pepsi on my way into the movies last night, 'cause I noticed Delta on the label too! I was gonna get Lipton ice tea. My best friend bought a bottle aswell, but both of us got second chance draw labels. I'm gonna be a nerd and post them into the second chance draw, so here's hoping lots of people neglect to claim their prizes.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 08-28-2004, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *~*Rach*~*
I'll have to keep an eye out
This is it:

And yes, I was lame enough to peel it off and stick it on the door.

They're smart to use her in a comp. It got us buying it and I hate pepsi! [Coke \m/]
Old 08-29-2004, 12:57 AM
Elite Fan

I would have done the same, Evie!

I don't really like Coke or Pepsi, I prefer fruity drinks, but with Delta on, yep, I'd have been there!
Old 08-29-2004, 01:22 AM
Master Fan

There's a Pepsi contest?! Hmm, well they aren't really promoting it well. Thanks for the heads up Evie.

"You don't scare me." ~ Charlie to Claire
Old 08-29-2004, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by roxygurl
There's a Pepsi contest?! Hmm, well they aren't really promoting it well. Thanks for the heads up Evie.
Yeah! They need to do ads or something!
Old 08-29-2004, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
so here's hoping lots of people neglect to claim their prizes.
Maybe it's just Pepsi drinks
Old 08-29-2004, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JustaGirl
Maybe it's just Pepsi drinks
They'd better keep their word that it's a Delta dinner invite, or the downloads.

Aw, Eves snapped a pic of the label. SHFs!!
I think it's a mighty good marketing strategy too. Whether people like Pepsi or not, they're gonna be buying more of it for a comp this good.

icon by *Evie
Old 08-30-2004, 12:35 AM
Master Fan

Why I came back”

Delta tells TV WEEK about her Ramsay Street return, Mark and her new album.

Speaking candidly to TV WEEK, Delta Goodrem reveals that it was always important to her to tie up her storylines as Nina Tucker – having been forced in July last year to take a sudden break from Neighbours while she underwent treatment for Hodgkin’s disease, a curable form of cancer.

“It was so special going back onto the set,” she enthuses. “I couldn’t wait to go back. I was so excited."

“I really felt that Nina and myself had a lot of unfinished business there,” Delta adds. “It was great to get back and be around my friends and my castmates. It was beautiful.”

Certainly, Delta has only good memories of her time on Neighbours. “I look at that time in such a positive light,” she says. “To be a part of it again was just great.”

Did it feel strange returning to the set after all these months away and with everything that has happened in her life?

“It did feel a little different,” she says. “But it was so wonderful. Jay Bunyan (Jack) was great and everyone was wonderful. I still mucked up my lines a few times, like normal,” she laughs.

“Of course, I can’t wait to see the episodes to see how they worked. I did feel a little bit rusty but, at the same time, I was really happy that Nina was a lot more assured of herself and not so timid and vulnerable.

“She’s taken control of her life and I think that was a really nice development.”

Asked how she is feeling now, the beautiful star is happy to give us a good report. “I’m feeling really good – just feeling really positive and it’s great to get back into work,” she muses.

“It’s been great to finally get a little bit more strength back. It’s a really good thing. I’m getting there – getting better every month.”

And life is certainly busier than ever for Delta, who also reveals that her high-profile relationship with tennis star Mark Philippoussis is going “really well”.

Delta recently returned to our shores from London where she was working on a new album – before jetting off again to Athens to sing the Australian national anthem at the athletes’ Olympic village!

“I just got back from London, which was really wonderful,” she says. “It was great to be there, in the one place, for a little while.

“I’ve just been in a crazy space and concentrating on writing this next album. I can’t wait to share it with you!”

When will the album hit record stores? “I’ve no idea,” laughs Delta, adding, “as soon as I finish writing it – which is hopefully by the end of the year.”

And Delta’s massive fan base will be thrilled to hear that the 19-year-old is planning her first-ever concert tour.

“Yes, early next year I should be touring,” she reveals. “I can’t wait to actually get out there and do some live performances. It will be wonderful!”

Delta also relished filming her first movie role earlier this year – the title role in the yet-to-be-released Australian film Hating Alison Ashley.

“It feels like it was quite a while ago, but it was really good fun,” she says. “It was a great cast and I think the movie will come up really well. It has a nice heart to it.”

Old 08-30-2004, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting that! She looks lovely on the cover.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:50 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the article. I saw it and was gonna have a look but had to catch my train. Eee! I can't wait for the album and concert.

"You don't scare me." ~ Charlie to Claire
Old 08-30-2004, 01:32 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting the article, Nadine! Did you type that up yourself too?

I'm with Ellie and Rox. She looks gorgeous on that cover, and I'm so excited about the forthcoming album and tour.

icon by *Evie