Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2004, 02:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Fair_Maiden
My friend threw a magazine at me today and said "your delta singer is in this" today.
I can imagine my friends doing and saying that exact same thing!

Thanks for doing this! And I'm so glad she's getting recognition!!
Old 09-29-2004, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just a bit of news. I wish they'd drop this whole lawsuit thing already. Poor girl!

Quote:
Delta's bad hair defence
By Nui Te Koha
September 30, 2004

DELTA Goodrem is claiming a bad hair defence in a courtroom showdown with her former music producers.
Goodrem, 20, is fighting legal moves to have her so-called secret album released.

The matter is set for a mediation hearing at the Supreme Court next month. But in a defence filed to the court on September 15, Goodrem also wants a three-minute music video for the secret album axed.

The video clip for a song entitled Say shows Goodrem, then 15, serenading a teddy bear. "In the informal video footage, (she) appears without having her hair or makeup properly prepared," her lawyers claim in court documents.

In a defence filed on September 15, Goodrem's lawyers claim the album, made with Empire, is not fit for commercial release.

Herald Sun

Old 09-30-2004, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe when she starts doing appearances again we can all give her a nudge about this board. ;P Tell her to sign up with a universal name that we know and can associate with her without having 2184187 dgforum posters galloomphing their way from their forum over here thinking it's her. ;P

As for the lawsuit..What happens if they say they'll have her do a *new* video if she doesn't like that one? It's all so stupid..I hope the lawyers do a good job repping Delta.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:54 AM
Master Fan

Exciting news about the Canadian mag, Fair!
If you have enough time to post the article at some stage, we'd love to see it.

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie
Maybe when she starts doing appearances again we can all give her a nudge about this board. ;P Tell her to sign up with a universal name that we know and can associate with her without having 2184187 dgforum posters galloomphing their way from their forum over here thinking it's her. ;P
She could post under code-name like Fly by Frankie. Or a reversable one like Atled Merdoog!

Thanks for the article, Ellie.
I've actually seen the "Say" video. It was circulated on the DG forum mid-way through last year. I can't believe these idiots want to officially release that too. It's like a muck around home video! It's quite laughable that they think they'll win rights to releasing it. I don't like the way that article makes Delta come off as vain either. Bad hair defence. Pffft! Are they aware this is the same girl who wasn't fussed about attending the 2003 ARIAs without her wig? It's more about the amateur video, than amateur hair...

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 09-30-2004, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've seen the video too, Kat, and yeah it is just like a home video! And I know what you mean about that article implying that she was vain. That annoyed me. Delta isn't like that.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
She could post under code-name like Fly by Frankie. Or a reversable one like Atled Merdoog!
I like Atled Merdoog! But yeah, thats a good idea, someone tell her about it

I haven't seen the "Say" video but if it's as bad as you say, then yeah, why would they WANT to release it?!

I also saw this last night, apologies if it's been put on another thread and I just haven't gotten there yet

Quote:
Tales from beyond the cities

By GEORGINA BOND
Long, tall yarns about the sunburned continent are being used in a campaign to combat a feeling of over-familiarity with Australia.

The Colenso BBDO campaign is using holiday stories about Uluru's changing colours and an Aussie rules match to remind New Zealanders of the hidden treasures across the ditch.

General manager Jon Ramage said the advertisements, which had no illustrations, were vastly different from traditional "picture postcard" tourism advertising, something he considered to be a brave approach.

"We believe the people we are talking to in New Zealand already know about things such as the kangaroo - they want something new."

Ramage said the advertisements were designed to grab the reader in the first sentence and to be difficult to tune out from.

If New Zealanders were captured by this storytelling technique, the agency would have achieved Tourism Australia's goal - to get Kiwis looking at Australia in a new way.

The tourism marketing body launched the New Zealand chapter of its $407 million global marketing campaign "Australia - a different light" in Auckland last week.

New Zealand is Australia's most mature source market. Almost 450,000 Kiwis visited in the first half of this year - up 25 per cent on the same period last year - so getting them across the Tasman isn't the problem.

Instead, the challenge lies in getting them to keep coming back, travel more widely, stay longer and spend more money.

Tourism Australia's regional manager for New Zealand, Karen Priest, said the campaign wanted to lift New Zealanders' travel aspirations beyond the traditional gateways of Sydney, Melbourne and the Gold Coast, and to encourage them to experience different aspects of Australia.

She said the campaign was a departure from a conventional reliance on Australia imagery. Kangaroos, koalas, the Sydney Opera House and shrimps on barbecues were out, in favour of the use of storytelling to promote a broader image of Australia, and to personalise experiences through the eyes of visitors, locals and well-known Australians.

In the first of Tourism Australia's series of quirky television commercials to hit our screens from Sunday, international cricket commentator Richie Benaud and singer Delta Goodrem give their take on Australia.

Priest said brand awareness of Australia was high in New Zealand, so instead of images Kiwis already knew, the aim was to show them experiences they might not know about.

Ramage said Colenso's print and online campaign had tried to emulate the way holiday experiences were spoken about socially - such as at a barbecue.

"In the same way that every person's experience of Australia is different, readers will take in a different experience from the advertisement," he said.

Although it had been tempting to use images "that's not the way people tell stories".
Old 09-30-2004, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

Sorry that I didn't post it yesteday like I said that I would. Anywho, here it is:
Quote:
DELTA DEALS

Delta Goodrem had it all: stardom on the popular Australian soap Neighbours and a number one debut album in Innocent Eyes. Life was a dream come true for the 19-year-old pop star. And then she was diagnosed with cancer.

by Twila Falk

What's HERS: When did you start getting signs that you might be sick?
Delta Goodrem:
I started to have night sweats and I lost a lot of weight – I’m a really good eater, so I couldn't really understand why I was losing so much weight. And I was basically really lethargic. More than anything, there was a tiredness and an unwell feeling. Then I found that I had a lump on my neck. The lump was very small at the start, but then it started to get bigger and bigger.

W/H: How did you find out that it was more than a lump?
DG:
I had biopsies on the swollen tumor. Then they did blood tests. I was in the studio with my dearest of dear friends, Vince, who I wrote Innocent Eyes with. I was sitting there and my mom and my brother walked in and I could see on their faces that something was wrong and they said, 'We have to go back to the hospital. They think that you could have Hodgkin's Lymphoma,' which is a form of cancer. That's when my whole world changed.

W/H: Career-wise, what was going on in your life when this happened?
DG:
I had the number one album and number one single that week (in Australia) and I had the number two album in the UK. Beyonce came in at number one and I came in at number two. I was working crazy hard.

W/H: Did you feel that you should be invisible to something like this because your career was going so well?
DG:
Not at all. I believe everything happens for a reason and there are a lot of people out there who go through this all the time. If you can be chosen for success then you can be chosen for illness. It just goes to show that anything is possible.

W/H: How did your fans deal with it?
DG:
I cannot begin to tell you how supportive my fans were. My house is still full of mail. The support was unbelievably humbling and overwhelming. It was an outpouring that I never expected.

W/H: Did other people in the entertainment biz provide support?
DG:
Elton John called me every second week and he was so lovely and wonderful. And then there were lots of people in the industry, everybody I'd come across contacted me.

W/H: Is it possible to stay the same person after something like this?
DG:
No, I don't think so. I think that if you do then you haven't learned anything from it.

W/H: Have you started singing again?
DG:
I'm back to singing as much as I can without overdoing it. It's exciting to be back in the studio. It's taken a while, but I'm getting there.
There is also a picture, which is one of the older ones because she has the long blonde hair in it. It's from What magazine, btw.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh I love Atled Merdoog! That's a good one!

And thanks for the articles guys. I love that Elton John called her every second week! I knew he had called her, but I assumed it was a once off things. That's sweet of him.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

New thread!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread