Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-14-2004, 04:46 AM
Elite Fan

Delta News Thread

Got some news about Delta???

Then post it here

Quote:
Delta Goodrem was admitted to a hospital in Athens on the eve of the Olympic Games. It is understood the Neighbours star is suffering from a virus but has since been released from the hospital and is resting in her hotel. Delta had performed for the Australian Olympic team at their official pre-Games welcoming party.
I was glad to hear that it was not anything serious and that she will still be able to stay and watch some of the Games.

It's Elementary my dear Watson
Old 08-14-2004, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that Bel! I'm glad it wasn't anything too serious and she's out now.

Here's the lastest Delta news from last night.

Quote:
Delta 'embarrassed' by attention
By Jordan Baker and Darren Walton
August 13, 2004

DELTA Goodrem was embarrassed about the publicity surrounding her admission to hospital in Athens and hoped attention would return to Australia's Olympic athletes, her spokeswoman said today.

The singer was struck down with a low-grade fever on Wednesday just hours after performing for the Australian Olympians at a team reception.

She was admitted to hospital as a precaution because of her recent battle with Hodgkin's disease, a type of cancer, and returned to the Hilton Hotel yesterday afternoon in a wheelchair.

Goodrem's boyfriend Mark Philippoussis, who was taken to her bedside yesterday by motor racing legend and athlete liaison officer Peter Brock, said today he expected the 19-year-old to recover quickly.

"Everything's good, she's fine, she's a little tired that's all," Philippoussis said after a practice session at the Olympic tennis stadium.

"She'll recover in a few days."

While Philippoussis was to march in the opening ceremony, he was unsure whether Goodrem would be watching from the stands.

"It will depend on how she feels," he said.

A spokeswoman for Goodrem's record company Sony said the Logie winner was embarrassed about the publicity surrounding her hospital admission, which made headlines and diverted much of Australia's attention from the Games.

"She's over there for the athletes and that was her main concern, she hopes all the media attention will turn to them more than her," the spokeswoman said.

Goodrem arrived in Athens on Tuesday from London, where she is working on another album, and is expected to return there on Sunday.

She was not planning on staying to support Philippoussis throughout his Olympic campaign, the spokeswoman said.

After singing the national anthem for the team on Wednesday night, Goodrem wished Australian athletes good luck for the Games and spoke of her excitement at performing for them.

"To be here on behalf of the country and singing the national anthem and singing in front of the team, I'm so thrilled," Goodrem said.

Goodrem was in Athens as an official guest of the Australian Olympic Committee.

AAP
Old 08-14-2004, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so glad Delta's ok thanks for the news
Old 08-15-2004, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just found this little tidbit on the official boards, it just amused me a bit. Not sure if there's any truth to it, but someone heard it on the radio.

Quote:
'Mark Philippoussis has had a run in with his respective mother-in-law Lea Goodrem who took one look at the scud's hair cut and told him to get rid of the hair. We will see how much Scud wants to keep Delta if he has his hair cut by the end of the week."
I think his hair is actually longer than Delta's right now!
Old 08-15-2004, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's sounds weird
Old 08-15-2004, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

lol, I quite like his hair!

I reckon it's fake..I don't think Delta's mum would be that fussed by something so lame.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:16 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie
lol, I quite like his hair!

I reckon it's fake..I don't think Delta's mum would be that fussed by something so lame.
Hehe, me too.

Doesn't have to be fake. She could have been saying it jokingly. -shrugs- Who knows!
Old 08-15-2004, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have this mental picture now of Lea scolding Mark!

"Cut that hair, young man!"
Old 08-15-2004, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by **Susie**
Doesn't have to be fake. She could have been saying it jokingly. -shrugs- Who knows!
Hehee, you're probably right there!

I'd take messy Markish hair over bad facial hair a la Blair's chin thing.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Delta was at the swimming last night!

Just talking about Petria's win on the news, showed a quick shot of Delts there and had a little interview with her, saying she was happy for Petria and that she was feeling much better too.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -ellie-

Just talking about Petria's win on the news, showed a quick shot of Delts there and had a little interview with her, saying she was happy for Petria and that she was feeling much better too.
I'm so glad she's out enjoying herself now. It seems Delts, Mark and Brockie have formed a little cheer squad . Her cheeks were so rosy, I wanted to pinch them! And she's got a nice tan happening .
Old 08-16-2004, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*grace*~
I'm so glad she's out enjoying herself now. It seems Delts, Mark and Brockie have formed a little cheer squad . Her cheeks were so rosy, I wanted to pinch them! And she's got a nice tan happening .
Hee, that's so cute! Delts, the scud and Brockie!

But yeah, she was looking great! And so happy!
Old 08-16-2004, 09:47 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:

yeah i saw that. she waa really excited...it was cute
Old 08-16-2004, 10:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Aw, I don't tend to watch the swimming. (I like the Gymnastics; namely the Swedish male gymnasts. )

But it's so great that she's been able to stay on to watch some events, that she looked well, and is feeling good again.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 08-16-2004, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Who's Brockie?

She was real cute on the news..so excited and patriotic. Aw!