Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-12-2004, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love you Rove (John )
I'm glad he spoke out.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:02 AM
Master Fan

Ellie, thanks for the news. Hehe. Robbie has a crush on Delta. That's cute but I can't seem them together. But then again, I didn't think Delta and Mark would date so...

Aww. Rove's a total sweetie. Looks like Delta rubbed off onto him. But that's great what he wrote.

Kat, I know! It's was so selfish of them. They expect Delta to be there to sign stuff and give her their time ALL the time as if it's part of her job. No, her job is to entertain and sure, through this she makes us happy by coming out to meet us but it's not an obligation. Stupid people they are! And her signing till midnight on her b'day is just proof that she does go out there and meet her fans no matter what. But not all the time. But you know, if I had gone to the Rove thing to see her and she didn't show up I would be mad at myself not her because I missed her. Really, they made a big deal out of nothing.

Okay, this whole thing is taking too much out of me. lol. But it's good to let it out. Phew!

"You don't scare me." ~ Charlie to Claire
Old 11-12-2004, 08:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by roxygurl

But you know, if I had gone to the Rove thing to see her and she didn't show up I would be mad at myself not her because I missed her. Really, they made a big deal out of nothing.

Okay, this whole thing is taking too much out of me. lol. But it's good to let it out. Phew!
Exactly, Rox. That's how feel too. I'd go knowing there was a 50/50 chance of meeting or missing her and I'd accept the consequences of that. If you make a trip out to see someone under those circumstances, you really do have no-one to blame but yourself if it doesn't work out. I think we definitey needed to let it out. I feel better knowing Rove said what he did and hopefully now it'll be put to rest.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie
Old 11-12-2004, 11:54 AM
Master Fan

Rove is a darling. He is a person you'd love to hug, plus she's been supportive with Belinda. I love him for doing that.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
As it turns out she was signing for people till midnight, as Ellie's snippet says. But there was always a chance she'd have to rush off after the show for whatever reason. She's not obliged to sign things between appearances and interviews. People expect it and they need to take a step back, and examine who's really being selfish in the situation.
Especially after all she's been through. I saw her on LK Today over here a week or so ago and she told Lorraine Kelly that with IE she was running on 2-3 hours sleep a night a lot of the time, and with OotB and now MI she's having to learn to say no to some things to make sure that she gets sleep. She needs to keep her energy up and the fact that she does this at all is amazing, never mind being expected to do it ALL the time!
Old 11-13-2004, 02:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
Exactly, Rox. That's how feel too. I'd go knowing there was a 50/50 chance of meeting or missing her and I'd accept the consequences of that. If you make a trip out to see someone under those circumstances, you really do have no-one to blame but yourself if it doesn't work out. I think we definitey needed to let it out. I feel better knowing Rove said what he did and hopefully now it'll be put to rest.
Ditto. Now, is there any other news out there? I'm surprised the papers aren't coming up with other bull about Delta.

"You don't scare me." ~ Charlie to Claire
Old 11-13-2004, 07:53 AM
Master Fan

Edited at LaraCroft01's request.

Last edited by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*; 01-02-2005 at 02:52 PM
Old 11-13-2004, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Delta's spose to be in New Zealand tomorrow and Tuesday.

Delta'll be in the Sunday Herald (about the [V] appearance) according to some dg forum people who knew their pics would be in it.

Can I just say..delta has excellent pr. Her pr lady looked like she genuinely loved being around Delta at [V] and was grinning like mad when Delta was talking..you know how some celebs have people who are arrogant or really pushy? She wasn't like that..aw! That's not really news but alright.. Delta has new management now (Goodrem Management..I wonder if they manage anyone else besides Delta [and maybe Trent if he chooses to do anything to do with sport or something] but it's nice to see she still has that lady..(but then again the pr woman is from Sony and not to do with management exactly..)
Old 11-13-2004, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Drained Delta's workload not too tough, says mum
By Christine Sams
November 14, 2004

The Sun-Herald

Singer Delta Goodrem's mother yesterday defended her daughter's gruelling workload after fans reported she was overcome by fatigue at a Sydney concert.

Goodrem, who this year recovered from cancer and is undertaking a major tour to promote her second album, Mistaken Identity, had to rest during an appearance in Rose Bay on Friday.

"She was working her butt off," mum Lea Goodrem admitted. "But this was one full week that we'd envisaged would happen."

The 20-year-old singer had performed six songs for 100 competition winners at a mansion in Rose Bay before signing autographs for young fans.

But witnesses described Goodrem's legs wavering as she talked to fans. The singer was suddenly forced to sit down, before being whisked from the room by minders and her mother.

"She came upstairs and we gave her a drink and a sandwich and a milkshake - she loves her milkshakes - then she was as right as rain," Mrs Goodrem said.

"But she needed a break because sometimes it's a little overwhelming.

"The trouble with Delta is she doesn't say anything until it's too late. [But] I always do worry, I'm the first one to go, 'Are you all right?"'

Goodrem, who began intensive promotional duties this year after recovering from Hodgkin's disease, was the special guest star for a promotional event for Pepsi.

Fans expressed concern when the singer appeared unsteady after signing a number of autographs.

"It was like she was overcome, she was exhausted," said one witness at the event. "She had a bit of fatigue and had to sit down, then she was ushered from the room.

"Everyone was sitting there going, 'Is she OK?' "

Goodrem was absent from the event for about 10 to 15 minutes, before returning to sign autographs. But she opted to sit in a chair for the remainder of the evening.

The singer had already attended crowded promotional events for MTV and Channel [V] at Fox Studios on Friday, only hours before the concert appearance at Rose Bay.

"All of us were tired, not just Delta," said Mrs Goodrem. "I was so tired I wanted to be whisked away," she added, with a laugh.

It is 12 months since Delta was grappling with the effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, after being treated for cancer.

But with the release of Mistaken Identity last week, Goodrem has embarked on a gruelling promotional schedule which has already included appearances in the UK and Australia.

Mrs Goodrem is working as Delta's manager for the release of the album, which is expected to enter the ARIA album charts at No.1 tomorrow.

Mrs Goodrem said her daughter was planning to fly to New Zealand this week before promoting her new album in Asia. Plans to tackle the US market next year are also being put into place.

"It's going to be tough - it's a tough market," Mrs Goodrem said. "But I think it's good to keep pushing, I think she'll take up the challenge fairly well."

Goodrem has also announced her first Australian tour, which will take place in July next year.

The singer was paid a substantial fee to make the corporate appearance for Pepsi on Friday night.

Her performance at the mansion was billed as "top secret" and exclusive, because only consumers who entered a competition could win tickets to the event.
Old 11-14-2004, 02:33 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for that Ellie! It's good to know people are looking after her, although with parents like Lea there, she's always going to be with people who're making sure she's not overdoing it!
Old 11-14-2004, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that Ellie. I hope Delta takes it easy buzy, buzy...
Old 11-14-2004, 07:56 AM
Master Fan

New thread here.

i believe in miracles born from love in everyone
icon by *Evie