Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2006, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I'm surprised that Japanese audiences are more inclined to be interested in that kind of movie treatment.

Anyway, the Flawed clip is available on the SonyBMG Musicbox thing & they've mentioned her involvement with the movie in the SonyBMG newsletter. I'm glad they're even showing it, they didn't need to since we're not going to get the movie [I'm guessing] officially. It's nice to see what she's up to in other parts of the world but on Aussie media.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Elite Fan

Almost a year since anybody posted in here - with all the discussion about the ITL video I thought it was time for a revival!

I've just, finally, had time to sit and watch it. I definitely love it - I'd read all the comments about it not being as concept-y as we're used to, so I wasn't sure what to expect from it, but there are just so many visuals in there that I love. It'll definitely take another four or five viewings to make sure I take it all in!

Off the top of my head, I love her incessant foot tapping during a lot of it (so cute!), I love the little ball-seat and the white/silver theme around that. I also absolutely adore the little "crazy" moment she has in the black outfit with the black background before it kicks back into the chorus again (it's late and I'm rubbish at describing parts of songs, hee!).

And the feet shots at the start.

It reminds me a lot of the Innocent Eyes vid - obviously not in terms of concept, because the IE vid had a story behind it, but of the parts where she's just having a lot of fun with the song and showing it in the video.

I definitely love it - now I'm off to watch it again!
Old 09-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mostly everyone's been talking about the vid in the ITL thread, but no worries! Good to have this thread bumped up!

One part I'm bummed they didn't show was when she sings "I have found my feet again" and she leans down to stroke her legs but they cut to another shot halfway through the action. I know she's not literally finding her feet, but it's still a nice moment they could have shown.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I read all the stuff in there, but you know me - always got to be different

(I felt like if I put it in here, even if I repeated things it was an excuse )
Old 09-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's okay, it might've been weird to look through this thread months/years from now and NOT see ITL mentioned at all...
Old 09-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*Rach*~* (View Post)
I've just, finally, had time to sit and watch it. I definitely love it - I'd read all the comments about it not being as concept-y as we're used to, so I wasn't sure what to expect from it, but there are just so many visuals in there that I love. It'll definitely take another four or five viewings to make sure I take it all in!

Off the top of my head, I love her incessant foot tapping during a lot of it (so cute!), I love the little ball-seat and the white/silver theme around that. I also absolutely adore the little "crazy" moment she has in the black outfit with the black background before it kicks back into the chorus again (it's late and I'm rubbish at describing parts of songs, hee!).

It reminds me a lot of the Innocent Eyes vid - obviously not in terms of concept, because the IE vid had a story behind it, but of the parts where she's just having a lot of fun with the song and showing it in the video.

I definitely love it - now I'm off to watch it again!
I was one of those people who was expecting a more concept-based video and was slightly disapointed by what we got. But as I mentioned before, after a few more views, it's grown on me.

The first thing I really noticed that is the immediate focus on Delta. There's just plain white and then black backgrounds in this video - which leaves her as really the only visual in this video. Outfit-wise, we saw a lot more eye-catching outfits [like that black one Evie pointed out in the ITL thread]:

The video sort of screams across the point (IMO) that she's changed and matured into an older woman now - she's still Delta but she's definately evolved from the IE stage.

The video definately is simplier - and many shots [like that feet kicking one] just express Delta having fun with what she's doing. I think that's a pretty accurate description of her current mindset. It's nice to see her sort of let loose and be willing to try something new.

~*bitterswt*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aw those smiley 2 pictures are cute!
"You'reMyLittleSnowAngel" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Master Fan

They are, aren't they? I just discovered the behind the scenes footage of the video here.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The video is much much simpler than anything we've ever seen..yet there IS a theme to it..and that theme is: Delta. Delta overload even.

It makes sense, people are going to see those legs in the intro and wonder who the hell it is, then probably stick around when they see how hot she's looking these days. If that's what they were going for, they nailed it.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Master Fan

You're right, the theme here seems to be simply about her this time around. It's not some complicated concept behind it - it's just about Delta & the new music she has to offer.

Seems as though this video is getting a lot of media coverage and attention because it's being promoted as Delta's "new look".

Just curious, after hearing the song for the first time, what did you all imagine/expect the video to look like in your head?
Old 09-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Just curious, after hearing the song for the first time, what did you all imagine/expect the video to look like in your head?

For me i didn't really know what to expect. It's a song where it doesn't really have a visual story behind it, unlike IE, where you can just imagine her Innocent Eyes.

I'm really impressed with the film clip, i love the simplicity of it, it just makes it that extra bit better. Some people have said it's too simple, but i think that is what makes it great!

As for the outfits, i really love them all, the shoes at the start really catch your attention and that's a good thing!

Also my favourite oufit has to be the black dress, it's has areally unique style to it and it looks amazing on Delta with the white backround!

Butterfly Kisses,
Medine
xxx
Old 09-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't know what to expect either. I think the song has more of a concept than the video suggests. I think, like the album name, it ties in with the whole 'Delta's back' thing. I'm hoping that her future videos will have more of a story to them.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by "You'reMyLittleSnowAngel" (View Post)
I'm hoping that her future videos will have more of a story to them.
Me too. For some reason, I had visualised the video to be something sort of similar to Chantal's All I Can Do video [seeing her walking down city streets, interacting with people]. The song is sort of meant to be a reflection of all that Delta's been through and the state of mind that she's in now - so I figured that the video would show more of that story. That's why I was a bit let down when I saw that it was just her in different outfits, sitting against blank screens. I understand they were going for the simple approach - but they could have done so much MORE with it, it lacks the kind of creativity I was expecting.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ Totally agree with that!

Apparently the Believe Again video is going to have more of a story to it. I've read it in one of the threads at DGOF today, I think Delta might have said it herself actually. My mind's gone blank.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:38 PM
Master Fan

I'm glad you agree Naomi. It's hard to feel let down by something Delta does, because usually whatever she comes out with is amazing, however, in this case I couldn't help but feel that way. I hope it was just a one-off.

That's good to hear! Was it mentioned that she plans to release Believe Again as the next single?
Reply   Post New Thread